Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I switch spotify to a new phone and keep the same music

Solved!

Can I switch spotify to a new phone and keep the same music

I have a spotify premium account on my iPhone 5, but my iPhone 6 is on the way and am wondering if I can switch the account to the new phone without having to download all of the songs again? Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Louise, 

Thumbs up on your new phone! 

One of the coolest features Spotify has is, being able to keep all your playlists, starred tracks and followers if you swith phones, or if you want to playback on a TV,  car system and more. 

If you have Premium you can download them for Offline listening,  since they use the cache on your device, you'll onpy need to tap on the Available Offline or Offline Use on your new phone so they start syncing. Follow this link for instructions Offline Mode

Hope this helps, enjoy your new iPhone. Remember you can contact the Support crew anytime for personalized help. 

*Kudos are always appreciated 🙂 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hello And welcome 🙂
Well im sorry but you Need to Sync your Playlists when you will Switch. So you have to download them.

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

Ok.. How do I do that? I assume its not a case of downloading the songs one by one
Marked as solution

Hi Louise, 

Thumbs up on your new phone! 

One of the coolest features Spotify has is, being able to keep all your playlists, starred tracks and followers if you swith phones, or if you want to playback on a TV,  car system and more. 

If you have Premium you can download them for Offline listening,  since they use the cache on your device, you'll onpy need to tap on the Available Offline or Offline Use on your new phone so they start syncing. Follow this link for instructions Offline Mode

Hope this helps, enjoy your new iPhone. Remember you can contact the Support crew anytime for personalized help. 

*Kudos are always appreciated 🙂 

Well arent you helpful!! Thankyou so much 🙂

Hi,

I know how you can copy your current library to a playlist and then make it available offline on the new phone, but will the songs on my playlist appear under Artists, Albums and Songs respectively?

Thank you

Well, acctually I have premium account, and when I switched my phone all music was gone....I was not expecting that- even if I had to download it again, I would appreciate if the playlist would remain saved.

Suggested posts