Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't get my starred playlist public

Can't get my starred playlist public

I am a new spotify user and today one of my friend told me that he can't see my starred playlist.

I tried to follow some guides on the web but with no success...

Friends can see my other playlist and only the starred remains secret(i tried to puch the "make public)" when i try to click on the make public on my computeqr nothnig happend and when i try it on my iphone it says"playlist is now secret".

thanks in advance for any help that you could give.

26 Replies

Hi there!

Could you try logging out/in?

Then try to make it public, if it doesn't work, you should reinstall the app.

If after that you aren't able to make it public, please, let me know.

Thank you for your help, but unfortunately it didn'twork...

More help willl be welcome.

I'll ping @MattSuda , maybe he knows the answer.

ok...

then how can i fix it?

@MattSuda

Can you try doing it on your phone again?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

when i try making it public on the phone app it shows a lock and write : "Playlist is now Secret".

Hey @amirariely,

Welcome to the Community. 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We've passed the information on to the right team so they can take a look.

We'll keep you updated right here as this progresses.

Thanks!

thank you very much i am waiting for an update.

update:

well i am waiting for some time now and still no change...

I would liek to get an update from some one to know when will it be fixed.

Hi, @amirariely. We don't have any updates just yet but, don't worry, our team is aware of this. We'll keep you posted!

Happy weekend!

Teresa.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

I have a somewhat similar problem, which I have been trying to solve for a couple weeks now.

I have several playlists, and a couple weeks ago I made one public. All seemed to go well, except that I had two friends try to find it on search, and it did not come up when searched for. It has a fairly unique name, and even when they typed it in exactly, it didn't show up; search said "no matches." I sent one of my friends a link, and he could then see it and Follow it. So it appears that it is Public (it has one Follower), but it won't show up in Search.

Any ideas on this would be most appreciated!

When will there be a fix to this problem? It has been present for a long time now.

well 3 weeks has past and stil nothing new...?

Yeah, This is lame, and you can't even copy it to a new one

I also have a problem with my Starred playlist. Even though I made it Public, it is not in my Public Playlists list which appears on my profile. 
Any ideas if that issues has been solved by Spotify? If Yes - how?

well the simple answer for your question is no.

I have talked with the spotify support and there answer(which is ridiculous in my opinion) was that the starred playlist cannot be a public one(which is not true of course...)

If you find a solution please let me know aswell.

It doesn't make sense to me. It was public and people were able to follow it. Do the followers of my Starred see the new added songs, now when it is private? 
The only thing that I can try is to copy all songs from Starred to a new playlist.

No fixes for this yet?? I'm having the same problem

I'm having the same problem, and it's been driving me crazy for months!! The whole point is that I want to be able to share music with my friends!! SPOTIFY, GET THIS FIXED NOW. We're paying for god's sake!

Please fix!!!! This has been a problem for ages now. As someone who pays for this app, bugs should be resolved within in a reasonable time. Where are all the developers??

Suggested posts