Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login to spotify app

Solved!

Can't login to spotify app

I signed up to spotify and created a premium account using my facebook credentials, unfortunatly I can't login to the app. When I click on the login using facebook button it opens safar and attempts to pull up facebook so I can login but the stupid thing just sits there and spins.

I've tried on my home wifi, work wifi, and 3g networks, redownloaded the app, and restarted the phone. Is something wrong with the service?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Had to change the url to https://www.spotify.com/account/social/facebook/ but it works fine on the PC. The problem is just with the phone.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Oh my bad... I just removed /fi/ from link without joy. Smiley Very Happy

But could you please try completely re-install of Spotify?

Please note that your offline playlists will need to be synced again after reinstallation.

Do the following:

• Delete the Spotify application from your iPhone/iPod. To do this, press and hold the application until it hovers and then press the X symbol.
  • Restart your iPod/iPhone.
  • Install Spotify again from the AppStore.

View solution in original post

22 Replies

Hey, very warm welcome to the Community!

Just go here and try this link https://www.spotify.com/faccount/social/facebook/.

Does Spotify work normally in PC? Problem just in phone?

Hope this works!
Marked as solution

Had to change the url to https://www.spotify.com/account/social/facebook/ but it works fine on the PC. The problem is just with the phone.

Marked as solution

Oh my bad... I just removed /fi/ from link without joy. Smiley Very Happy

But could you please try completely re-install of Spotify?

Please note that your offline playlists will need to be synced again after reinstallation.

Do the following:

• Delete the Spotify application from your iPhone/iPod. To do this, press and hold the application until it hovers and then press the X symbol.
  • Restart your iPod/iPhone.
  • Install Spotify again from the AppStore.

Also you can try login with your Spotify username (numbers). You can find it by log in to Spotify.com. The password is a Facebook password I believe.

I seem to have the same problem - but the solution does not help.

A week or so ago I was trying the free Spotify on my ipod.  It all worked fine but I deleted the app after the free 48 hours.

Then I decided to go all in.  I got Spotify on my PC - works great using my Facebook login.

Upgraded to Premium.  Downloaded the app.  Selected "Login with Facebook".  The Ipod tries to connects to Facebook and shows the Facebook error: Sorry, Something went wrong.  We;'re working to fix it, blah blah.

I have tried removing the app several times and reinstalling but I always get the same result.

I don't even get to a Username - Password screen.

It was working fine last week.  The only thing I am aware of that has changed between now and then is that my iPod was upgraded to Ios 5.1.1.

HELP!  Or there's no point in me paying premium.

I had the same problem - I was able to login by selcting Spotify Details rather than using Facebook and entering the same id/password you would have used for Facebook.  

This fixed the problem for me! Just use your facebook log in info!

I'm having the same problem now. I have been using spotify premium on my HTC one xl for the last 3 weeks.
It's been great but happened yesterday whatever radio station I got into the music plays, but it gives no sound. So I tried logging out and logging back in. Then the facebook error appears, it seems there is a link that the browser cannot find.

I use this app everyday, loved it but I never imagine it would be so hard and frustrated just to log in.

ily it worked

hey guys, i have some problems too. i installed the app for my Nokia Lumia1020. and it won't let me log in, i tried it with the FB infos... but it wont let me login no mathe rwhat and when i try to  reset the password it just redirects me to facebook...anyone know what i need to do?

@Countess - Do you have Spotify Premium?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

So I was having a minor heart attack when all of the sudden my precious Spotify wasn't playing on my iPhone5. Needless to say after many a prayers and religous chanting, I erased the app from my phone, turned off my phone, turned my phone back on, and downloaded the Spotify app again. I signed on with my username/password combo and BAM! there it was, all of my precious time-and-effort music playlists. I couldn't believe how emotionally attached I became with those darned lists!!! I love my music! xoxo!

Glad you got it sorted - enjoy your music 🙂

I can login on my Mac using the "Spotify Login" (don't use Facebook) but my Mac App login doesn't work on my iPad 4. If the logins CAN be different they MAY be different.

ive tried to re-install the app for how many times, still cant log in. when I tried to use fb it just loads for the whole time and nothing shows up. I haven't used up my premium privilege for a month already. I dont know what else to do, help!

Issues are now resolved, thank to the support.

Hey guys

i can't login at all on the Spotify app

i have changed the password numerous times uninstalled the app then tried the new password and it stills gives me error message . I have quadruple verified my login info various times on the website and I can login just fine there. Any suggestions?

cause I have done everything mentioned in the boards here.

thanks a bunch

what did you do

I reset password ,deleted app,restarted phone and then re downloaded
app(all on iPhone).have done that process several times and also do
variances of that process as well.
My login works fine on the site but not on the app

##- Please type your reply above this line -#

Suggested posts