Help - iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Music Fan

Cannot use spotify mobile offline on iPhone 3G

I am trying out the 30-day free trial premium account, and have downloaded the Spotify app to my iPhone 3GS. Playlist is turned to be available offline and synced. However, when I launch the app on the iPhone it requires me to have an internet connection to login via Facebook or Spotify details, so I can't even get to my playlist. How can I get around this? It defeats the purpose if internet is requried to listen to offline playlists!

Help please?

Festival Fanatic

Re: Cannot use spotify mobile offline on iPhone 3G

Yes, can someone please reply?!?

Music Lover

I got the same problem. First it worked excellent, during the trial period and after when I actually started to pay for it, it didn't function anymore??

Music Lover

Hey I just turned my i-phone off completely and restarted it, and now it works again? :)

Festival Fanatic

Works again how?  Does the app not ask you to log in?  

The only way I can figure out how to listen to playlist offline without internet, is to log in before I leave my house.  When i open up the app again, with no internet connection, then I can play.  

This is deceiving, cause Spotify states you can listen offline.  Yes, but only after logging in ONLINE and then moving to a location where I am offline. 

Garage Band

Hey guys, this has been resolved on another thread.

Go here and follow instructions: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/set-device-password/

Hope this helps.

Festival Fanatic

Thanks for the link, but still not working.  I log in and my itouch says "could not find the spotify network (a dns problem occured)  Make sure your network connection is working and try again"  

UGH!  What am I doing wrong, if anything?

Garage Band

That sounds like a problem with your router and Internet settings to me. Are you having any trouble accessing the Internet on your touch?
Announcements
Test Spotify Connect
Would you like to help QA test Connect? If so, please log in or register.

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.