Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant detect iPod via USB

Solved!

Cant detect iPod via USB

i've been trying to synch my iPod with Spotify for the last 2days now.it doesnt matter what i do,the software wont detect the device.
I've re.installed the app and the software on my pc but nothing seems to work.I really need a solution for this.I cant ssynch via WIFI because my Connection is to slow and it would take ages to do.
PLEASE HELP! ireally want to use Spotify,but if this doesnt get solved I'll have to cancel Premium...

104 Replies

But i found a fix! I cant gurantee it wil work for you but its worth a try.
What I do to make spotify detect my computer is connect it to my computer to while im syncing normal tracks, which i can do over wifi.
So I add a new song to my playlist and while that it syncing i connect with usb and there you go, its detected it! Hope it works for you.

If you're trying to sync up your local files and your ipod is not being rocognised you can do the following: 

Ensure the lists containing local files have been tagged offline on ipod

Start up spotify on pc

Hook up your ipod to your pc, get the beep notification its hooked up

Turn your ipod off and then on again

once up and running go into spotify, you should see the green sync bar at the top start up

If you go into devices in spotify on your pc your ipod should be in there with your lists ready to be synced

If your ipod loses connection its because your ipod has gone to sleep just turn it back on again to regain, its a ball ache but it works

I have found a fix that might only work for me but worked nonetheless. Basically, you need the Spotify app on your ipod too. Open the app while having it open on your PC too. Then reconnect the cable, it should recognize it

So I've been having this exact problem for a while now and have tried all the things on here to no avail.

Being far removed from a technophile as is plausible nowadays, I have a 3rd gen nano so no apps, WiFi etc. Just a USB cable which works fine with my laptop, PC and any other port required. I have used Windows 7, XP, Vista and now 8 with this and still had the same problem everytime. It dosen't have an "on/off" button, just plugs in and syncs whilst flashing "do not disconnect". Have updated, outdated and speed-dated Spotify to no avail. 

No device recognised.

I spent £20 on downloads a while back and can't get them onto my bleeding iPod to listen to them! Money wasted so far!!

Bad Spotify. Very bad. Sort it out, this is pretty pathetic. Apple hasn't looked this appealling since it was in a pie covered with custard....

Okay, so I want to sync one of my playlists on my computer (spotify) to my ipod...but when i connected my ipod to my computer case, then to my ipod..it didn't come up in 'DEVICES" what do i do? i've connected and reconnected it a bunch of times, I don't see what the problem is?? please help.

Hi. Which iPOD is it exactly and which generation?

I had this problem, and was therefore reading through this thread, but I managed to solve the issue just messing around. All you need to do is plug in your ipod, close iTunes if it opens, turn on wifi on your iPod/iPhone, and open the spotify app on the phone. Nowhere previously (in this thread) did anyone mention that you need to have Spotify open on both the computer and on the iPod/iPhone, and I was on the verge of unsubscribing due to not being able to listen to Spotify on my iPod (the only reason I subscribe in the first place).

I hope this helps you guys.

Rant: For a service we all pay $10 a month for, we've been getting a pretty **bleep**ty response from staff/customer support. I still may unsubscribe at this point, as I shouldn't have to search the web for an hour, just to find many other people with the same problem and no solutions to the problem.

TL;DR fix: Open spotify on computer, open spotify on iPod/iPhone at same time, enjoy!

It is outlined on the help pages:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/Sync-your-device-with-Spotify

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

i have an ipod nano that wont be recognized by spotify. has something to do with latest update. Does any one have an answer.

@asowder3943 - Has it worked previously?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

yeah up until recently it has

All I had to do is start spotify on my ipod touch as well as my computer with the usb connected and it worked.

Marked as solution

I had the same problem. I found that the problem wasn't with the USB cable or the Ipod.

Did you have Spotify open on both devices?

This worked. Have spotify open on Ipod and Computer so Spotify on the computer is able to recognize the device.

Hope this helped.

Why doen't sportify team answer to all these messages ???

We are many people who can't reach Spotify detect our Ipod...

I have tried everything on this thread and on this link here https://support.spotify.com/br/learn-more/faq/#!/article/Sync-your-device-with-Spotify, but couldn't get my iPon Nano (which doesn't have apps) to be identified.

I subscribed to Premium because Spotify revolutionized the music experience for me. I fell in love with it, but know customer support leaves lots of users with the same problem hang out to dry. It's feel cheated byt the person I fell in love with. It's a shame.

I have the same problem and signed in for the same reason. I can't believe there is no support/answer on this issues... 😞

I hope you have found that my solution worked.

Logging in to Spotify in both your computer and your Ipod, when it's connected with the USB cable.

My iPod is the Nano. No apps in it, hence no logging in.

Marked as solution

What iPods does Spotify support?

If you have an iPod Touch with iOS6 or above, you can download the Spotify app from the App Store. You can use all of the latest features Spotify has to offer such as offline syncing and instant streaming.

If you have an iPod Touch with iO5 or older, you can still use the ‘Spotify for iOS4’ app which is in the App Store.

If you have an iPod Nano, Mini, Shuffle or Classic, you can only sync local files from your computer in Spotify.

This answer was clear in the Ipod FAQ in Spotify.com

https://support.spotify.com/nz/learn-more/faq/#!/article/iPod-faq

The solution for you would be to upgrade your ipod so you can have all the features Spotify offers, which clearly you love 🙂

My laptop doesn't recognize n=my I-pod when Spotify is running and I plu in the USB cable

Suggested posts