Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant detect iPod via USB

Solved!

Cant detect iPod via USB

i've been trying to synch my iPod with Spotify for the last 2days now.it doesnt matter what i do,the software wont detect the device.
I've re.installed the app and the software on my pc but nothing seems to work.I really need a solution for this.I cant ssynch via WIFI because my Connection is to slow and it would take ages to do.
PLEASE HELP! ireally want to use Spotify,but if this doesnt get solved I'll have to cancel Premium...

104 Replies

@Bitoune wrote:

iPod Nano 2Go 2nd generation, Mac Os 10.7.4, Spotify V.0.8.4.107.g4fa0003f, Spotify Premium. I'm french. Thanks.

exact same issue and specs os above Bitune but I'm not French.

This worked a while ago but it's not now.

itunes closed.  ipod nano 2 version.  it won't detect.  wires work since it reads when i do open itunes or any other program.  I don't want to pay for premium if this might continue.

Thank you

silviottolino, I'm afraid you're on the wrong section. This section is about iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad app issues. iPod Nano will never sync songs from Spotify music catalogue via USB nor through the network.

Thank you for your reply; however, your information is not accurate.  Nanos have always been able to sync until recently.  Hence my post.

My apologies regarding the wrong section posting, but it doesn't seem anyone has an actual solution to this problem affecting many iphones, touches, and ipods.

Same issues for me;

Tried USB and WiFi - worked about a week ago, now they don't.

Mac OSX Lion with newly Spotify (as of 20 Aug 2012) and iPod Touch 3G

Same issue here, and It came with one of the later updates of spotify.

Not had any issues with sync of music from Spotify to my Ipod Nano 2.gen before this patch.

Running Win 7 x64 ultimate, spotify Spotify V.0.8.4.124.ga3559d86

Premium acocunt on spotify ofc.

I'm having the same issue as well. Spotify won't detect my 2nd gen nano. Very frustrating.

My info:

OSX 10.6.8

ipod nano 2nd gen

Spotify Version: 0.8.4.124.ga3559d86

Finally got mine to work. Just went in to iTunes and checked it to not sync any of the music. Then it recognized it in spotify over USB and on my network.

hi, i have just downloaded spotify on my mac computer and have connected my ipod on spotify. it says to restore my ipod on itunes, so i did. when i went back to spotify, it keeps saying that i still need to restore my ipod before i continue, but i already have!!! please help meee! i have tried everything, like restarting my computer and reinstalling spotify 😞 😞

i'm new to this. i downloaded a lot (4000) of great music, i have a nano 4th gen 2 gb for an elderly friend and want to put his playlist on it but i can only get music from frostwire through itunes, very limited. i have a 4th gen ipod touch 6gb and so far have only been able to load music from my old mp3 through itunes. please tell me how to fix this. spotify will recognize the nano but wont put the music i want on it (do not want local files) and it wont even recognize the ipod touch.

@user-removed wrote:

i'm new to this. i downloaded a lot (4000) of great music, i have a nano 4th gen 2 gb for an elderly friend and want to put his playlist on it but i can only get music from frostwire through itunes, very limited. i have a 4th gen ipod touch 6gb and so far have only been able to load music from my old mp3 through itunes. please tell me how to fix this. spotify will recognize the nano but wont put the music i want on it (do not want local files) and it wont even recognize the ipod touch.

Hey!

Welcome to the community 🙂 

When syncing iPod's using Spotify, you can only sync music that you own, not music from the online Spotify library. More information about this can be found in the FAQs.

As for your iPod touch that won't connect, can you try updating the iPod software from within iTunes and/or ensuring that iTunes is not open when you are trying to sync music from Spotify.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Unfortunately, this will not fix the problem.

Has anyone found a fix yet? I've tried everything and am very frustrated with this issue at the moment!

Clear your ipod in iTunes of all music. Recconect it and try through Spotify. Worked for me.

Also stopped my iTunes from automatically syncing when it connects to the same network as the iPod.

I too have had alot of trouble regarding this issue. 

There are a couple of things you must insure are done when trying to sync via USB.

1: The ipod is on

2: The spotify app is up and running on your ipod

3: The screen on the ipod is on ( set screen auto-lock to never ) as this breaks the connection

4: The ipod and computer are connected to the same WIFI, yes this must be done even though it is USB. 

Okay so I keep trying to connect it to Spotify and it won't work with my cable or anything. My computer and iTunes will recognize my ipod. I x'ed out iTunes and it still won't recognize it.

@KenziePedroia wrote:

Okay so I keep trying to connect it to Spotify and it won't work with my cable or anything. My computer and iTunes will recognize my ipod. I x'ed out iTunes and it still won't recognize it.

What generation of iPod do you have?

It is currently not possible to use Spotify sync iPods with the new lightning connectors. 

Peter

Peter

Will there be a fix to allow connection to Spotify via the Apple Lighting connector so that I can sync my Spotify play list to a Apple iPod Nano 7th Generation.

I'm in the same boat with a 7th generation iPod nano please somebody heltd spotify is why I bought my iPod !

I am trying to use a 2nd gen iPod nano and would like to be able to sync my spotify music via usb. I also recomend to spotify that  they hurry up and fix this issue for all of us so that we can be happy. Right now i'm pissed that you say we can use USB but we can't!

The 6/7th generation iPod connection issues are a known bug due to the new lightning connectors. 

As for 2nd gen, I'm not really sure, but Spotify might be having issues because it is an early firmware model as noted here.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts