Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant detect iPod via USB

Solved!

Cant detect iPod via USB

i've been trying to synch my iPod with Spotify for the last 2days now.it doesnt matter what i do,the software wont detect the device.
I've re.installed the app and the software on my pc but nothing seems to work.I really need a solution for this.I cant ssynch via WIFI because my Connection is to slow and it would take ages to do.
PLEASE HELP! ireally want to use Spotify,but if this doesnt get solved I'll have to cancel Premium...

104 Replies

I have tried to get my Ipod nano (2nd gen) to detect on windows with little luck.

I have tried windows xp, vista, 7 & 8 and the latest version of spotify will NOT detect it.

So I tried to downgrade the spotify to version 8.1 & 8.2 and guess what? Spotify detects the iPod.

Too bad it forces itself to update so I can't use 8.1 or 8.2 to sync my iPod because it forces itself into offline mode and restarts to update itself.

Version 8.3/8.4/8.5 will NOT detect the iPod.

Since the old version does detect it, it is a problem with the newer spotify software.

Any ETA on when this will be fixed?

Same problem: spotify will not detect ipod nano. Using the latest nano version, and just uploaded the latest software 1.0.2 today which made no difference. Too bad, as this is why I decided to pay for premium.

@campari wrote:

Same problem: spotify will not detect ipod nano. Using the latest nano version, and just uploaded the latest software 1.0.2 today which made no difference. Too bad, as this is why I decided to pay for premium.

What generation of iPod nano are you using? 

Having a Premium subscription makes no difference to the iPod sync, seeing as you can't sync Spotify catalogue content to an iPod nano anyways. iPod nanos/classics/shuffles can only be used with Spotify to sync tracks you already own to the device, just like iTunes does.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

My iPod does not have WiFi !

I'm using a USB to connect my ipod nano, and it still isn't showing up in spotify. is there any way to update spotiry? 

@ginap wrote:

I'm using a USB to connect my ipod nano, and it still isn't showing up in spotify. is there any way to update spotiry? 

There is no way to manually update Spotify, but I don't think it would make a difference anyway.

What generate of iPod do you have? 

Peter

Peter

I had the same problem when connecting with USB when wifi is connected with my iPod Touch.

I solved it by doing the following:

Make sure that you are connected to the computer and the iPod via Wifi

Make sure the Spotify app on your iPod is completely closed from the running apps.

Open Spotify on your computer and go to the device screen, it should be saying that neither device is connected through the program

Connect your iPod to the computer via USB and make sure it is showing up in the device list.

Now, open the app on your iPod and go to the playlists screen

Open the playlist that you want to sync and then press back, so you go back to the playlist list

The Spotify program should now detect that your iPod is connected, however mine was only showing a connection on the Wifi section of the device connection and not the USB, but maybe this was because the wifi was on.

Once connected, there is a little drop down arrow next to the device tap in the program on your PC which you can click to expand the device list, and then just click 'Sync this device' and choose the playlists

If this doesn't work, just try the same steps with wifi turned off on your iPod

I'll be blowed... My iPod (nano 2nd generation) doesn't have any wifi connetion. Just USB. Nothing else. And I think it's not necessary to have wifi on any device when Spotify offer the sync via USB.

I think I will quit the Spotify Premium.

@nessor wrote:

I'll be blowed... My iPod (nano 2nd generation) doesn't have any wifi connetion. Just USB. Nothing else. And I think it's not necessary to have wifi on any device when Spotify offer the sync via USB.

I think I will quit the Spotify Premium.

The synchronisation over USB is different to the WiFI sync.

The USB syching is restricted to iPods such as nanos, which can only be used to store local tracks you already own rather than content from the Spotify catalogue. Have a read at this topic for more information about iPod integration.

Peter

please dont justify your feature doesnt work, it seem like the only feedback its to use the wifi, that its unacceptable since its a PAID SERVICE  and its a lot faster and easier thru USB connection, IM definitely cancelling after this, the only reason to have premium its for the offline feature, and since doesn't work or it works like **bleep** lets say there no point it feel like the admins here wanna make users feel like we dont know what we are doing, but im sorry turning on and off the router or re-installing the app doesnt FIX your PROBLEM, i would accept it if it was a free service, but for 10 bucks a months this should work

ab5trak - What type of iPod are you having trouble with? What's exactly happening? We're all here to try and help.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I've got an iPod nano 2nd generation...

All right. Listen the **bleep** up, and stop trying to justify your **bleep**ing broken features.

Yestearday, I used my IPOD TOUCH 2ND GENERATION, to sync my files VIA THE **bleep**ING USB CABLE! It is **bleep**ing possible, but you need to fix this **bleep**. 

Today, I tried to connect via USB again, and now it doesn't work. This is **bleep**ing bull**bleep**, and you're going to fix it.

You're screwing A **bleep**ING TON OF PEOPLE OVER. I don't have Wi-Fi on my computer, so that isn't a fix. 

I'm gonna cancel like the 100's of thousands of other premium users too, and ask for my money back, if you don't fix this. 

Thanks. 

Try turning of WiFi on your device and turning it back on.  It worked for me! I have an iPhone 4s.  Wouldn't connect through USB or wifi, turning it off and on then opening the spotify app did the trick and it showed up instantly on Spotify for windows.

Are you pulling my leg?!?! 😮

Can someone sort this out please?? I pay for premium so i can listen to my music "everywhere" and for such a silly little gltich like this, it's absurd!

I have an an iPod Nano that i use to run with, cheap cheerful and does the job as I refuse to run with my £500 iPhone just becuase it has wifi

why isn't ipod nano gen 2 supported?

I have an mp3. It doesn't have wifi so I am using a USB, it shows on the laptop, but not on spotify so I know there is nothing wrong with the usb.. 

What now?

@Rabziony wrote:

I have an mp3. It doesn't have wifi so I am using a USB, it shows on the laptop, but not on spotify so I know there is nothing wrong with the usb.. 

What now?

Is it an iPod? Spotify does not support generic mp3 players. 

Peter

Peter

Ok guys, I was having this problem with my second gen ipod touch aswell, spotify used to detect my ipod so i could sync local files but suddenly stopped. 

Suggested posts