Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Could not find Spotify network

Could not find Spotify network

Using Spotify in iPhone 6, all iOS and apps up to date.
Taking advantage of the Premium account offered through my mobile carrier.
Initially Spotify would not recognize my Premium. I browsed community and followed the suggestion of deleting Spotify and then downloading it again. I fully shut off the phone before deleting Spotify. I fully shut off the phone after deleting Spotify. I also shut off the phone after re-downloading Spotify. Now I am unable to even sign in to the Spotify app at all. It gives me an error message "Cannot find the Spotify network (a DNS error occurred)..." I checked my phones connection and I have full 3G, even checked through LTE. I went into my data setting for apps to ensure Spotify's data usage was enabled. It was not, so I turned it on. Still I get the same error. When I looked back at the data settings, Spotify's was disabled again. It keeps reverting back to disabled, no matter how many times I enable it.
I tried signing in to Spotify using Facebook, and I get a different error message of "com.facebook.sdk 5"
When browsing through community for solutions to this new problem, I was not able to find one.
5 Replies

Same thing is happening as well....noticed it after I updated my iPhone 6 Plus to ios9

I've contacted Spotify's actual tech support for assistance on the issue. So far all I've done is repeat my issues and tried solutions to about 3 or 4 members of tech. Each response is a new tech who doesn't seem to read my initial message that clearly outlines my issue (basically word for word of the above post). They had me recheck all the things I already stated (data enabled, iOS and app up to date...), delete and re-download the app (again...), do anther hard reset (again....). So I'm hoping soon someone actually helps me with this instead of having me repeat myself and try the same things over and over again.
I'll make sure to post a successful solution here for you.

Well I hope they read your post because it clearly states what is wrong and outlines the issues of it reverting back to disabled.

Hello Whiskeyjaxx have you been able ot solve this issue? I've found my spotify app has a serious problem to work when not connected to WiFi. If I'm connected it lets me sign in, search new music, and use all the features as a premium. As soons as I shut off the WiFi (I've made sure several times my phone data is working perfectly) the app ins unble to connect. Only the "offline" songs previously saved are the only ones I'm able to use, elsewere it is useless. Music search turns unable, network connection turns impossible not matter what. I've tried it all!! deleting the app, shutting off and on the iPhone 6S, deleting the app and shutting off, then doanloading and reinstalling. it keeps have this issue. It has been very very frustrating to pay for a "mobile" service that works less than half when not in WiFI (which is 90% of the time) since I'm moving on (joggin, working, partying, etc). I've have beenserously thinking on unsuscribing from Spotify and find a less troubled app. If you have been able to solve the issue I woudl really like to know the solution!! thanks!! 

Are you on an iPhone or android? I have an iPhone, and I'm pretty sure how the problem was resolved, was that there was an iOS update that resolved the issue. Is your phone software up to date? Check that and let me know if that resolves your issue.
Unfortunately just after I fixed my problem, I switched cellphone carriers. I was with Rogers and they were giving me a year of Premium Spotify for free. My premium disappeared as soon as I wasn't with them anymore.

Suggested posts