Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Download stops for no reason

Download stops for no reason

Hi, 

I accidentally deleted my offline playlists (~850 songs] from my iPhone 4s, so I had to download them again. After around 200 songs the download stops for unknown reasons. There is enough space on my iPhone, it was always active, never in stand-by and loading via cable. 

The download stopped and the song after the last downloaded song lost that sign for downloading. 

Maybe some of you had the same problem and found a solution.

5 Replies

Hello! (again)

Are you completely sure you have enough available storage on your device? Spotify will stop downloading songs even if you have 500MB-1GB available.

Maybe closing the app and its process helps.

If nothing works then I would reinstall the Spotify app.

Hope this helps! 

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

I have an iPhone 6s Plus on iOS 9.3, with 60gb of available space. Have tried force closing the app, as well as reinstalling. The playlist I'm trying to download is stuck with the error message "Waiting to download." but never makes any progress

Hi there and welcome to the community,

Could you try to reinstall the app, then reboot your iPhone to have a fresh internet connection. 

Let me know if that helped or not.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Yeah, I did those things and they didn't help. I just read another thread saying that Spotify limits each Premium user to 9999 total songs saved offline - 3333 songs per device. It would have been really helpful to know that before I reinstalled the app, re-downloaded thousands of songs, went through all this troubleshooting, etc. before finding out that it's actually Spotify blocking the process and not telling me about it. 

If there is going to be a d/l limit, why can't it be simply 9999 songs per user ? I only save songs for offline use on 1 device, so I'm losing out on 6666 offline tracks .. for no real reason .. extremely frustrated right now, after finding out that I wasted all this time trying to fix a block imposed by Spotify, but not advertised by Spotify.

They did it on purpose. You can have up to 10,000 tracks spread over 3 devices. 10,000(9,999) devided by 3 is 3,333 tracks. 

I understand your frustration. The limit may be raised in the future. I'd recommend adding your kudos and support to this idea.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Suggested posts