Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Green and Grey Arrows

Green and Grey Arrows

I have been trying to sync my playlists so that I can listen offline. On some of my playlists, most of my tracks have a green arrow, but the entire playlist has a grey arrow next to it. Does this mean I can still listen to those songs offline even though the entire playlist isn't synced? Also how do I fix this problem? It looks to me the reason the playlist doesn't have a green arrow next to it is because there are songs on there that I have deleted that I can no longer play (they are still on the playlist, they are just in dark grey and can't be played). Any idea how to fix this? Going on a trip and want to listen offline. 

Also if this helps at all. The same playlists on my phone that aren't syncing entirely are also not showing up as being avaliable offline on my macbook. On my macbook these playlists have a syncing arrow thing next to them.

5 Replies

Hello & welcome to the community!

Firstly and just to be sure, verify if the playlist you want to download has the Offline usage switch on.

• Now, when each individual song has a green arrow, it means that you can listen it on Offline Mode.
  • If a song has a grey arrow next to them, it means that it isn't downloaded yet, but it is going to be downloaded.
  • If a song has a loading symbol it means it is dowloading for offline syncing.
  • If a song isn't being downloaded on a playlist maybe it's because of device memory.

Spotify will stop downloading songs when the device you are using has a small available storage.
(sometimes even if you have 500MB-1GB available)
Try deleting apps and stuff you don't need and maybe that helps.

Check your internet connection too.
Maybe closing the app and its process helps.
If nothing works then I would reinstall the Spotify app.

When a playlist shows a green arrow next to it, it means it already has all the songs within it downloaded.

When a playlist shows a grey arrow next to it, it means that it was marked for offline usage but not all the songs within it are downloaded.

Let me know if you have any more doubts.

Hope this helps! ♫

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

I just got an iPhone 7 and it appears my playlists transferred to the new phone properly in terms of which songs they contain, but several songs on my playlists (including my 'Local Files' playlist) have a Green Arrow next to them, but the song names are greyed out and they are unable to play. What does this mean?

I'll look at albums and maybe only half is dowloaded even if it is albums i downloaded months ago

I have this same issue. Many songs in a playlist have a green arrow next to them but the songs are greyed out and will not play. Did you ever find a fix for this?

I have a similar problem. I am a premium user and since I recently updated my Spotify desktop app, the "download quality" option dissapear. I can not listen to any song I downloaded before, even though I have my MicroSd memory with 5GB of downloaded music in my phone... my phone does not recognize it. My computer is no longer working "offline" with the app either. I dont have any "offline devices" anymore on my account. How can I fix this? I cant listen music offline in any of my devices... that the only reason why I am a premium user...

Suggested posts