Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keep losing all my sync tracks for offline on my iphone!! They are there just not synched! Any help?

Solved!

Keep losing all my sync tracks for offline on my iphone!! They are there just not synched! Any help?

Happens quite often that all the tracks on my iphone are no longer synched. I get a message saying that my device is connected to more then 3 devices, which it is not!

Any help?

115 Replies

Not sure if this is related but about four days ago when I opened Spotify all my playlist tracks indicate zero (0). I can no longer listen to any music. I reinstalled the app and verified my account status but still no music. I have unlimited subscription...but no service. Bummer...this was working very nicely...any suggestions?

They can't be bothered to fix it or just don't know how.

My suggestion to spotify will be:- turn off the 3 device limit until you guys can actually fix it. I am resyncing AGAIN as we speak because of this issue. And I only use two devices, iPhone & Mac. 

Exactly the same thing has happened to me about 10 times the last couple of days and it's getting really nervewrecking. So spotify, you either do something quick about it or I and at least 5 other people are gone. Nice with swedish businesses and all but seriously, i'm not paying 100 kr/month for something i'm having trouble with constantly and that won't work properly!

Marked as solution

This has happened to me twice today and at least twice a week for the past month. Really annoying as it takes hours to try and re-sync everything. 

Marked as solution

They've just released a new version on the app on the iTunes store, and the release notes specifically state that this fixes the offline synching issues. I'm gonna try it out... although it's only happened to me twice since Jan 2012.

I havé thé same problème and use Only spotify on 3 mobiles in family. Actually i use spotify also on Sonos. Is that considèr as mobile ? Perhaps thé machine made à mistake

Same here it getting more and more annoying after every update. Today have to login 4 times and last time I lost all my offline track! 2000 in extrem mode! Time to fix this issue Spotify!

Spotify for iOS was just updated. Idk if fixes this specific issue.

No, with last update for IOS I got login problems and also lost all my offline tracks.....

Not had this for a couple of months, but just lost all my offline playlists again. Already had my devices reset by spotify, and downloaded latest version of app. Only got 3 devices, 2 iPhones and a laptop. Requested a refund several times but keep getting ignored. Apparently downloading several gig of data is free for everyone at spotify and takes no time at all. This is beyond a joke. The problem has been going on for YEARS, but spotify couldn't give a monkeys. As they get bigger they get more amateurish!

Same problem here, and it's REALLY annoying!

The app syncs whatever it wants, keep de-syncing albums randomly, and the new update doesn't work. Yesterday I was listening an album while flying, and this morning it wasn't sync. Not a good surprise for a monday morning in the tube. 

In case it helps, I'm using a 3GS with the latest iOS version. 

So not only has no one from Spotify replied to my initial question about the app on my iPhone 4 suddenly say it is cleaning and then saying I am logged into more than 3 devices (only have the iPhone 4 with Spotify)  and wiping my Playlist, I updated to the latest version of the app, restarted my iPhone to have clean memory only to have the device wipe the Playlist again first thing this morning.

I'm going to synch up just a limited number of albums once more and I hope someone will reset my number of registered devices. 

If the Spotify app wipes my playlist again I will have no choice but to cancel my premium membership as I am not receiving the service I am paying for month after month....

Very unhappy....

It puts me a little at ease to come here and to find out I am not the only one. They better be working on a fix for it. Come on, Spotify. I pay you $120 a year.

Either figure out what is going wrong or just take out the "3 devices synced" error all together. Premium users should not have to deal with this.

I'm fairly sure the whole three limit is due to contracts with the music labels. Otherwise I don't see why they would bother putting in that limitation for their most expensive tier of serverice.

It'd be nice if they could remove the limit for not, but if not at least allow us to have more control over the devices. Such as make the pop-up state "You are at your limit. Erase the offline cache on this device or select another?"

The device limit is a way to avoid subscription sharing. The problem is for those who do not share their accounts and still get sync problems.

For me is not that sync doesn't work at all, is that sometimes the app decides to 'forget' a playlist, to remember it later when it gets online, to forget it again as soon as I get into the tube. Obviously those latest added playlists are the ones I want to listing to now, so it's quite annoying.

And in my case I use Spotify in 5 devices (2 laptops, 1 ipad, 1 iphone, 1 ipod), but only the latest 2 have offline sync content, the others are used in different situations to stream content (work, home, kitchen, etc.). So I don't see why I should have any problem. 

After a few years being a paying customer I'm looking for something different that works. 

"Hey look, a new iPad version"

...Fires it up

Awesome.  Still broken AND the new version disables the "fix" that was in place previously (turning off iCloud sharing).

Are your engineers actually maliciously trying to alienate users, or are they just (as I suspect) awful at their job? 

And I'm assuming one of these days, Spotify will actually have enough money to hire a Q&A team, as clearly you don't have anything in place yet. 

Awful for a free service, unacceptable for a paid service.

Bring on MOG!  They really can't get to the UK fast enough.

--
http://www.outsideroyalty.com

New iOS apps causing near-constant deletion of offline playlists, with iCloud backup disabled.

I'm out. Just cancelled my subscription. If Spotify ever gets an engineering department that is up to the level of their marketing department, I'll be back in a heartbeat.
--

Lol no one is sad to see you go. The iPad version is amazing. The iPhone version is pretty good. I have zero issues and you are just a whiny guy. 

Hey everyone suffering the woes of your offline playlist constantly being constantly wiped from your device. The latest Spotify app update has completely removed the deleting of offline playlist, function so I can only hope this somewhat drastic move will solve the issue. I am grateful Spotify that you are trying to do something about this. Grab it now people before call it a day.

meegulis - happy you're not having problems that many, many people are having.

as for the rest of your comment, you can kindly blow me.
--

Suggested posts