Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keep losing all my sync tracks for offline on my iphone!! They are there just not synched! Any help?

Solved!

Keep losing all my sync tracks for offline on my iphone!! They are there just not synched! Any help?

Happens quite often that all the tracks on my iphone are no longer synched. I get a message saying that my device is connected to more then 3 devices, which it is not!

Any help?

115 Replies

Same problem for me too, I know problems take time to track and fix guys but this is the only real reason I pay for premium, I have accepted it being a bit crap for a long time (I've been a premium member for ages) and it's disappointing to find that its still not fixed.

I don't believe in posting threats and withdrawing subscriptions as a motivator but the truth is (as bslater has said) I won't continue to pay for a service that doesn't work in the way intended, the offline sync feature is an important part of why I subscribe. 

Good luck in fixing it and be sure to keep us all updated.

I put in a support request weeks ago about this. Not a word from Spotify there or here. Why do they even have these things? It's clear they don't care to keep their customers updated. I've cancelled my premium subscription. I'm going back to downloading music the old-fashioned way where it can't be deleted by anyone but me.

I think you are giving them way too much credit. I have not heard in reply to several support tickets and they are not replying on this thread to any updates.

My last reply to a support ticket a few days ago was essentially "please bear with us while we fix this".

Could mean anything, but it doesn't sound like they know what the solution is 😕

I agree - I've never in my life written on a forum before. But this problem is highly likely to make me cancel. I love the rest of the sevice but it takes a hours to re synch. And the only reaosn I"m paying premium is so I can listen on my phone.

It also says its synched on more than 3 devices, which isn't only not true, but an impossibility.

Please please please Spotify -

Maybe we need to organize somekind of mass cancelation as a group. We all go back to the free version even if it's just one or two months. If enough of us do it, they'll see it in their stats and linegraphs or whatever they use to track subscriptions. Should get their attention since nothing else is.

I keep losing all my synced tracks too on my iPhone 4 - I thought I was the only one! It's definitely not due to the '4 or more devices' message; it just happens. Sometimes the 'offline mode' switch manages to switch itself off too, which then loses all the synced tracks.

I thought it might be because it had connected to a different WiFi network but I don't think so anymore.

It's majorly annoying because, like so many other people, I pay for Premium to get offline songs on my mobile! If they don't resolve it I'm cancelling and reverting to downloading mp3s.

This would definitely be a viable option for more people if there was a good alternative to Spotify. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, there isn't (although I'm hopeful for Deezer when it's in the US). Then again, if there was a good alternative to Spotify I wouldn't care if they fixed the issue I'd just switch to the other service.

I wonder if Spotify doesn't care about customer service or fixing these technical issues because they know they have US customers by the balls cause there isn't a good alternative and now everyone is used to such a service and doesn't want to go back to mp3s.

Been a paying subscriber since July 2009, and I'm experiencing this issue as well, both on my iphone 3 and my ipad 1, and it's really annoying, because I can't trust that my playlists are available, and I have to check they are still synced every time I leave the house for long bus/train rides, and quite often I have to download dozens of songs that I have already downloaded in the past.

Hope you can fix it, Spotify.

And for God's sake, make an iPad app, this is getting ridiculous.

FIX. THE. PROBLEM. SPOTIFY.

I have never seen this type of consistent outpouring regarding exactly the same issue across the board. I am adding my voice to the call - this is the only reason why you subscribe to Spotify Premium and I have now been left without music on 3 cross-country flights because I (stupidly) expected a $120/year service to work . . . and to find out that this has been the exact same problem for YEARS is ridiculous.

I made the perfect playlist. I spent the hours syncing it to my phone. I check to make sure it worked. I get on my long flight and the songs are all greyed out. I want my money back.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Offline-synced-on-more-then-3-devic...

I think Spotify should offer a refund of 50 sek/5€/5$ per month we have had this problem to us since we simply are not getting what we pay for (Spotify Premium)  and they appear to have done nothing at all to solve this long standing issue..

Next step will be contacting the consumer ombudsman agency and file a complaint to take the legal route. Since it appears to be a global issue we might as well take this to the EU Consumer Center agency. 

http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/ecc/index_en.htm

If you pay $120 per year you're lucky - we have to pay £9.99 per month in the UK! I can't believe they're not doing anything about what is obviously such a widespread issue....

If they are working to fix it that is fair enough, but I wish they would just respond on this thread to say so! A bit of feedback to your customers goes a long way.

I agree. I wish they would at least confirm that they are looking into this issue if they don't have a fix or workaround right now.

This just happened to me this morning for the first time and it's SUPER annoying. Furthermore, Spotify app refused to work, or re-sync my iPhone 3GS for a futher 4 hours, despite me turning my phone on and off 4 times, and logging out of and into Spotify 3 times. The only reason I pay for premium servcie is to use Spotify on my mobile. I will DEFINITELY be finding another service if this continues to happen.

SORT IT SPOTIFY.

At this point, I'm just waiting for MOG to come to the UK.   As soon as it's here, I'm discontinuing Spotify.

Between this bug, the creepy stalker-esque posting of all my listened tracks to facebook by default, and the absolutely inane "apps" push, Spotify has gone down the tubes quickly.

Both MOG and Rdio seem to offer better solutions...

http://techcrunch.com/2012/03/26/mog-spotify-rdio-comparison/

--
http://www.outsideroyalty.com

Spotify went down the pan a long time ago, right about when America got on board.

I woke up this morning to find that over 5gb of offline playlists have been completely wiped from my iPhone, that's completely unnacceptable, this is the second time since November 2011 that this has happened.

I'm resyncing now, but at the detriment of my bandwidth (the usage of which is already in the red for this month).

I'm just very thankful that the other humongous Spotify screwup (incredibly slow sync speeds on mobile devices) has been fixed otherwise resyncing this lot would be impossible.

On the flipside, I've realised that resyncing keeps me on my toes by replacing old playlists with new ones. It helps keep my music library fresh if nothing else 😄
But seriously, the Spotify service is crap. Even if the support staff are nice and helpful (and believe me I've spoken to a fair few over the last few years).

As a parting comment, I've lost track of the number of conversations I've had with fellow Spotify Premium users on the train / plane. It's like, "finally someone else who feels my frustration at the poor service". It's almost like discovering that you both share the same awful ailment.

So I guess I have Spotify's crap service to thank for introducing me to random members of the public that I would never otherwise have met.
Oh, and the conversation always ends the same way: "I'm cancelling my account".

I'm still here and paying for Premium though. For the love of god I don't know why, but I am.

I spoke too soon. Sync problems ahoy.

yeah this is just happenned to me for the second time.

I'm away from a decent internet connection for weeks at a time to say have to wait ages until I re-sync.

Suggested posts