Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files Disappearing from Spotify

Local Files Disappearing from Spotify

So I have the Spotify app on my iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.3 and I was having problems syncing some local files to my phone when I first installed the app. I found a workaround by changing the artist or song names of the files slightly  in order to get them to sync, but after about a week, the files are in the playlist I synced and in my Local Files playlist, but they appear in the shaded-out font and can't be played. Whenever I try to play one of these local files, it says "Song not synced."

I think my iPhone restarting may have triggered this, but I'm not completely sure. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this, and if there's a solution out there! Thanks in advance!

11 Replies

Sorry for the trouble!

There is currently a bug inside of the iOS app that causes the local files to sometimes unsync.
It is likely this bug that is causing you to have problems.

The developers are currently investigating this and hopefully it will be fixed in a future update.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It's really annoying that I have to resync 740 songs 5,32 GB songs that are not available in Spotify every other week and sometimes it doesn't sync the local files so I have to resync the whole 3576 songs again which takes all day!!!
is it really that hard to fix the bug, or it's just not in their priority and doing other things?!
and another annoying thing with local files is that Spotify doesn't show the cover in mobile devices while it works in desktop version!

I've had this problem for quite some time now, a number of months actually. Unchecking playlists and resync does the trick but it's troublesome when the tracks disappear all of a sudden and then you can't listen to your music while out on the road. Imagine if this happened on a trip to another country and you didn't bring your entire music collection on a laptop. Hope you guys get this fixed ASAP.

Same here. Will give 1 star if this continues. Feels like this happens when my iphone connects to a wifi that isn't my home and my laptop is still running at my house. When I first sync my local songs to my phone, I have no problem. But when I go to the gym (which has wifi) and open up my offline playlists, 10% of the songs are kept (in a completely random order by the way) and the rest are greyed out, even though next to each song has a green arrow next to it. 

Bunch of local files disappeared again. Annoyingly, it's usually my favorite tracks too. Wonder if there's code that counts the most played and deletes them just to spite the user!

I'm having the same problem here with local files unsyncing, for quite some time.

Also.. the Equalizer has no effect whern playing synced local files on the iPhone, it's so annoying and sloppy!

Please fix these things. It can't be that hard.

I'm having somewhat the same kind of problem, I have problem syncing some(!) of my local files, but far from all of them. They are all in .mp3 and all of them have been synced before.

It is really annoying, please fix this! 🙂

I've got the same problem, but now on my Dell laptop (windows 8). It says there is more than 40 hours of music locally stored, but none pop-up anymore and it doesn't play anymore either. This is just annoying as hell. 

Same issue here! It's now November and no sign of any fix

The issue was noted by Spotify back in FEB/MAR. I don't see how they haven't fixed it by NOV!!

Shocking service for paid members

The music files doesnt just dissapear from a specified playlist. Now it starts to dissapear from the 'Local Files' tab also! 😕 I have checked the source of the folder. the music is there. But some tracks just suddenly 'noped' and dissapeared from the 'local files' in Spotify. Reeaaly annoying!

Annoying.png

This isn't just happening on IOS, I have the Galaxy S10 and I have to resync files at least 5 times a week if I'm lucky and sometimes the files just refuse to sync even when I'm going through the whole syncing process.

Suggested posts