Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files won't sync

Solved!

Local Files won't sync

After updating to the latest Spotify version (both on iPhone and Desktop), I found that newly added Local Files will not sync to the playlists on the iPhone. They still show up in the playlist, but they won't be playable as songs in an unsynced playlist. All the Local Files that were synced before the program was updated are still there and playable, and other songs that aren't Local Files still sync like normal. Any way to fix this?

Phone: iPhone 5

Spotify Ver. Phone: 1.6.0.1746

Spotify Ver. Desk: 0.9.12.10.g89b2a4fc

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Appearently it got fixed by the only thing I didn't bother to try (Turning to computer off and on). Still weird that only the Local Files weren't able to sync, haven't gotten into that problem before..

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Appearently it got fixed by the only thing I didn't bother to try (Turning to computer off and on). Still weird that only the Local Files weren't able to sync, haven't gotten into that problem before..

I have the same problem here. My local files won't sync to iPhone. Same software versions as Daga2 has. This started with the latest Spotify update on iPhone.

Logging out of Spotify on my iPhone and PC and restarting the PC and logging back into Spotify did not help.

I tried creating a new playlist on my PC and transferring all the local tracks there, then setting it to offline sync on iPhone -> a couple of tracks started working, but not nearly all of them.

I also have a laptop and iPad (and offline playlists on those devices) and I remember a Spotify dialog a couple of days ago on my iPad saying I have offline lists on more than 3 devices, so this could also have something to do with that? Offline lists on iPad work just fine, haven't checked the laptop.

I tried the "listen offline" procedure from the support solutions page to set iPhone again to offline mode and setting the playlists to be synced, but that did not help either. Nor has the Spotify on iPhone said anything about withdrawing the offline access.

From other threads here, it seems other people are also having similar issues with latest Spotify version on iPhone.

Here's how I fixed my situation:

I deleted and reinstalled the Spotify app on iPhone (I also logged out of Spotify on my PC, but I don't know if that's necessary). After that all the offline lists with local files started working again.

Really easy 🙂

After reinstalling, I of course had to set all my offline lists on iPhone again manually. So that maybe too much trouble for someone who has a lot of offline playlists..

I realize that this post is old, but I was having this same issue and tried EVERYTHING suggested and just found the solution after a lovely 4 days worth of back and forth conversations with Spotify's help team:

TRY A DIFFERENT WIRELESS NETWORK!

It turns out there was some setting in my router (set up by my ISP) that was blocking file sharing. I tried using the wifi at my office and all my local tracks synced immediately. Hope this helps someone!

it didn't work and I'm really frustrated, I've done everything. Re-Installed it, switched networks, turned off and on my devices, sign out and sign in....

nothing works

Suggested posts