Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files won't sync to iPhone 6

Solved!

Local files won't sync to iPhone 6

My local files were synced properly and worked for months. Suddenly, they no longer play. It may show a green icon indicating it is synced, but when you click it to play it on the iPhone, a box pops up that says "Unable to Play Song". No additional help is provided. Again, these are songs that worked properly on my mobile devices up to a couple of weeks ago. Now, with no other changes in my hardware or Wifi network, they suddenly won't play on these same devices.

This is very frustrating and I was hoping there was an answer here before I cancelled my Premium account because of it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there and welcome to the community,

Could you try doing a full reinstallation of the app, including removing your local cache/data files.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there and welcome to the community,

Could you try doing a full reinstallation of the app, including removing your local cache/data files.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Thanks, Jordi. Looks like it needed the application on my iMac to be deleted and reinstalled. I noticed after I read your message that the app had stopped showing my devices after the last upgrade. Once I deleted and reinstalled, it began syncing properly and now my local files sync again. I appreciate your help with this question! Hopefully this doesn't happen to anyone else, but at least they will see your suggested fix if it does!

There is a current bug that causes any local files with (parenthesis, commas, dashes, etc.) to be unsynced randomly, usually after an update comes out for the iOS app. 

It is likely that when you updated to one of the recent Spotify updates to the iOS app, the local files became unsycned due to this bug.

The developers are currently investigating this bug. Hopefully it will be fixed soon so it doesn't happen again when a new update comes out.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

well I think it has happened again and I did try reinstalling the app both to my windows 8 computer and my iphone 6 phone. Although my problem is that my phone won't show up under devices when I try to sync it. Anybody know what is causing it?

@sle7en_7 

Do you have the new desktop version 1.0.1?

If so, the devices section is not there, but it will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:

You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your phone. Just make sure all your local files are in the playlist you switch to offline in the desktop app.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Yes Matt, you are right I was able to get my phone to sync the local files. Thank you for the quick response. Things are mostly fine now...

@sle7en_7 

You're welcome

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts