Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music won't download to offline mode

Music won't download to offline mode

Why won't my music download to offline mode !?
18 Replies

@Amybaby wrote:
Why won't my music download to offline mode !?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Can you describe the behaviour you are experiencing and any error messages you are getting? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It just won't down load my tracks so I can listen to them
Offline only started getting this problem
About a month ago !! Very annoying

It will do it on my i pad but not my i phone !!! Y not

What type of phone is it? (iOS/android/other)

Peter

Peter

IOS 5 I phone 5

It sounds like you might be experiencing a known bug, which is outlined in this topic (all the up to date info and work arounds should be there). Do you get any error messages or does it just never download?

Peter

Peter

Never downloads !

I am going to pop this over into the iOS section since it appears to be an iPhone issue. 

Does this occur on the mobile network and over WiFi? 

Have you got plenty of storage space left on your device?

Peter

Move: Mac --> iOS

Peter

I too am having difficulty downloading my music to offline mode. I have plenty of available storage available. Every once in a while I see it will start to download, but it appears to get stuck. Been trying to get this to work for days ... very frustrating. 

@mrcarnita - What behavior do you get? Does it just seem to get stuck or do the arrows turn orange/red when you view a playlist you are trying to download?

Peter

It wont work for me either! I have an iphone 5s and i have premium. When i go to download the musicit will start to download but then it will just stop. No errors come up...it just wont download the music. I have tried deleting the app and then downloading it again and it still wont work.... HELPPPPP

Same with me. It will say my music is downloaded and then it when I try to use spotify offline, either the login screen will appear or when I try to play a song, it will say "not available offline". I've heard that spotify doesn't try to fix this problem. They must really care about their customers.

I have the same problem since I can remember with my iPhone 5.

I just did a test though, I force quit the spotify app, restarted it and then I got the error message that there's not enough memory: "Fehler bei der Offline Synchronisation: Nicht genügend Speicherplatz auf dem Gerät"- didn't get the error before, only after I restarted it.

I bet offline synchronization will work once I make enough space. Maybe you could try the same.

Edit: yep, worked now for me after deleteing some stuff and making space on my phone.

I have the same problem! It just says 'Waiting to download'. but never does! I have an iphone4 and it used to be downloaded, but now I can only listen to music with wifi.

Same with iPhone 6

I have the same problem as everyone else. It shows that it's waiting to download and never does. I have iPhone 6 with plenty of memory.

I've had this problem too but I just found a fix. I had a ton of songs on my Spotify account, possibly over 2,000. I think there's some sort of limit on the songs you can have offline, or maybe there's not I don't really know. But I found that when I went in and took off a ton of songs I don't listen too, the app then downloaded all the music it wouldn't download right away. Try this and see if it works!

DELETE THE APP TEN DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN IT WORKS 😭😭

Suggested posts