Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline Modus | Scrobble to last.fm upon going online again?

Solved!

Offline Modus | Scrobble to last.fm upon going online again?

Does the app cache the played songs and then scrobbles once the next internet connection is established? As an example, will my songs that i listened to (in offline mode) during a two week trip abroad be scrobbled upon returning home (when I switch back to "online mode") or will they be "lost" for last.fm purposes?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Lars,

Welcome to the Community! I've been chatting to Richard and Meredith about this. Last.fm shouldn't scrobble if you're offline, and we don't think it caches the songs that have been played. So they shouldn't be scrobbled when you get home.

Hope you have an awesome time though.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

24 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi Lars,

Welcome to the Community! I've been chatting to Richard and Meredith about this. Last.fm shouldn't scrobble if you're offline, and we don't think it caches the songs that have been played. So they shouldn't be scrobbled when you get home.

Hope you have an awesome time though.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks for your answer - maybe this could be a future improvement of your app to have it cache titles played without network connection and submitting them to last.fm upon the next internet connect.

Great app though, anyways!

How dare you guys consider that answer as a solution. Cat Mad

I checked the scrobble to last.fm box, and am receiving updates, but i'm wondering how long the duration between listening offline, then going back online will it update? Is it the same amount of time for Facebook?

I just wish there was more documentation online about all of this apps features, both the regular and mobile.  It's actually incredibly annoying.  No official indication of what icons mean.  Yeah I have figured it out....but why should I have to guess?

Does it or does it not scrobble when you're offline?  Does it cache stuff if it can't connect to last.fm when you ARE online?

These aren't crazy questions either, if the app developers were consulted it could easily be determined.

Other than that I love the service, honestly it's one of my most used and the best value for my money I get.

Any newe about offline scrobble?

Thiagoalves - Not yet, I'm afraid.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

offline last.fm scrobbling was one of the best features of this app. Might be the difference between premium and the free version in my case. Again, i'd like to know if there are plans to reinstate this?

It used to work perfectly: listening to songs in offline mode and then going online. But since last iOS app updates it won't scrobble anymore.

Spotify tech team must be joking at us...

Would love to have the ability for the plays to be logged when a device is back online again. I listen to a lot of Spotify offline on my iPod Touch. Any plans in the app roadmap to include that?

As a premium user I was actually simply expecting Spotify to save offline plays for later scrobbling. I mean what could be simpler than that? This is exactly the kind of functionality you expect as a 'premium' user.

Tip: Use it to distinguish premium from free and you get more paying users. Don't implement it and you have loyal users like me looking for alternatives. Scrobbling is all-important for many of your users.

Agree with the above - is this a feature coming down the pipe??

offline scrobbling? any news... ??????

Talk to @sam and @per
Most of the music apps usually cache offline music and submit it when you get online to last.fm later.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

So sad this is still neglected...

FYI: Offline scrobbling works perfectly with Rdio:

http://help.rdio.com/customer/portal/questions/952119-scrobble-from-ios-app

Just letting Spotify know that I also want to be able to scrobble while I'm offline.

Still no progress, two years later.

I always hate those guys that try to threaten a corporation by saying they'll quit, as though that $10/mo payment will be dominoes to destruction, BUT I really have no use for premium if it doesn't scrobble offline (and if everytime the phone times out or I switch between apps / answer the phone on iOS my position in the playlist is reset so I end up with a playlist of 500 songs that only plays the first 100.)

Well Rdio is no more, and, frankly speaking, Last.fm is slowly fading into oblivion as well... Sad, but true...

Suggested posts