Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing songs not on my playlist?

Playing songs not on my playlist?

I made a playlist to go running to and it was playing songs that I didn't even put there! They would be from the same album as one of the songs I did put on the list, but why is it doing that and how do I stop it?
35 Replies

Hi,

Are you using the free version of Spotify on your phone? Depending on the length and artist makeup of your playlist, Spotify may include suggested tracks. 

If you want the playlist to only songs you choose, I'd recommend either subscribing to Premium or making a longer playlist made up of multiple artists.

@Trmunson

1) Check if you are on radio mode
2) If you're playing songs after you've searched them through the search mode, it will continue from there.
3) If you are playing from a playlist, but don't have the repeat button switched on, the app will play music from its library of songs. (which is other songs not from the playlist.

Given your circumstances, I think option 3 is what happened!
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Where is the repeat button?

And This^ is why I will eventually quit using Spotify.  

I create a playlist with the intent of only playing the songs I have added.  There is no reason that this shoul be a premium only feature.

Nor should it be a premium exclusive feature to simply play ONE FREAKING SONG.  

I should be able to select a song, and play it...not some suggested song by a similar artist...and not a song from the same Genre....but rather the song I select and want to play.   It's a simple and very basic expectation.

For example, I created a spotify playlist with 4 songs.  Trans Siberian Orchestra Christmas songs.  All of the songs I selected are instrumental for a reason.  

When I play from this playlist, NOT A SINGLE SONG ON THE PLAYLIST IS EVER PLAYED.  Its as if putting these songs on a playlist is the best way to target songs you don't want to listen to.

To whomever wrote the code for the spotify playlist feature, I ask this one question: What is the purpose of a playlist if not to select a specific lineup and play the songs added to the list?

I agree
It is fair enough with the commercials afterall they need to make money, but this is too much, what is the idea of using a streaming service if you can't choose what to listen to

How do you know if you are on radio mode?

Thank you for posting this question. This just started happening to me. I was literally furious and could find no help. This is an awful feature.

I totally know how you feel. I hate pop music and my Spotify keeps playing it, not matter which station or playlist I am on and I am really sick of it. If it doesn't get fixed or if I don't get a solutions quick I am deleting my account.

My phone's Spotify has been playing pop music on my stations. It doesn't matter which station I listen to, it is always doing it and even if I skip them all is not stopping. I listen to a lot of classical music like Bach and it will play artist like Katie Perry and Bruno Mars on it repeatedly and will not stop. Does this happen to anyone else? I am seriously going to delete my account if there is not a solution. If I wanted to listen to that kind of music, I would have created a playlist for it. HELP!

Do you have Spotify Premium? I found that many random pop songs would play in non pop playlists of mine before I have Spotify Premium, but once I upgraded, I have had no issues with songs not in playlists randomly playing. You could also try deleting the app from your phone and redownloading it, in hopes of resetting the software and just completely rebooting the app. Good luck!

Same...I am trying to listen to opera and can't hear a single song....only can get pop. DELETE APP for me 😬

I have search for 504 boys ft mercedes i can tell u want to **bleep** and it won't come up why this is lame I paid the premium or some other jams that are my fav 

I just deleted it. Not worth the aggravation. Before, when it was just advertising interrupting, I was thinking to upgrade but now I just delete and make playlist on my own. No annoying song I don't want.

Similar question however it is an album i did not download - although i gave it a brief listen.  Now every playlist of mine is interrupted after each song & returns to this annoying album  "Whispers of Now" Words by Eckhardt Tolle.  Making me effing CRAZY!   And i can't delete it as i never downloaded it!   I look forward to your feedback!

I'm a Spotify premium user so maybe this won't work for all.
Go to settings > play > there you should find at the end of the list AutoPlay which was switched on, and you can switch that off. My playlists stopped at the end of the last song I put up there.
IMG_0611.PNG

Fixed the issue.. mine had auto play enabled.. as soon as I turned it off, it was fixed! Give this a try people!!

It does not give you the option to delete

I have been having this problem about a week now and it's really annoying I try to play a specific song by the cure or any artist I have downloaded and it either plays another song by that artist or a song by similar artist. This is really annoying because I have downloaded over 600 songs and now I have to find a different music platform and download all 600 songs all over again. I hope Spotify fixes this and if they don't I'm deleting Spotify because why have it if it won't play any song you want

Try to turn off auto play in your settings. That had worked for me. And
playing a specific song only works if you have a subscription.

Suggested posts