Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist sorting by date added on mobile?

Playlist sorting by date added on mobile?

Hi hi hello!

So i tried to go through the previous threads before posting but i didn't find any answers to my problem SO here it goes.

I was driving home, listening to spotify on mobile and i suddenly noticed that my starred list had changed the song order, now showing first added songs on the top when it previously had the last added songs on the top. Now i'm just irritated because to listen to these newer songs i have to scroll all down (and my list is 800 songs so woops). How can i change it back to showing the newest songs on top?

7 Replies

Hello @katrinascarlett

Starred palylists are being slowly but surely phased out, so at the moment they have been turned into a normal playlist, so it works just like a playlist 🙂

You can change the order in which it is sorted by going to the playlist  > scrolling up until you see the search bar > Click on the Three Lines > And choose your Sorting Option 🙂

I hope this helped! 🙂

This is because the starred playlist used to show the newly added songs at the top.

Spotify has converted all starred playlists into regular playlists to give users more control over it, so the most recently added songs will now be at the bottom like regular playlists.

To show the newly added tracks at the top,

When you are in a playlist scroll up the the top and tap on this and then select "Recently Added"

iOSsort.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

You are god to me now. Thank you!

Hi there!

Unfortunately this helps just for the moment, right?

If you filter "recently added" it will be gone when you leave the playlist and get back to it.

Is there any way to fix it to "recently added"?

Otherwise this is a waste of time.

Thank you in advance for any good news concernign this!

I created a new playlist and added all my starred there, that new list automatically sorts latest added on top. I suppose that works, let's see!

@Uckidera

This should be fixed in version 8.4.1

Make sure to go to the app store and update

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

And when I use my Android and Android Auto, I allways have to start to liten to my oldest song in my playlist....

Is the sort by added feature comming to the most commonly used OS (Android) as well??

Suggested posts