Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems with synchronisation - it just won't download the songs :/

Problems with synchronisation - it just won't download the songs :/

Hello Spotify Community,

It's been a few weeks since my playlists don't want to sync anymore on my iPhone. I mean it won't download the songs for offline listening, despite a huge amount of available storage space... It doesn't matter if my iPhone is connected to the wifi and plugged on AC : it says "waiting for synchronisation" but it just won't sync.

I have tried turning my phone off and on again, shutting off Spotify and reopening it countless times...  it's just not sync'ing anymore and I don't understand why.

So I tried de-synchronizing a whole playlist (even though it's a large one, about 900 tracks) : it worked to some extent, some tracks that weren't previously sync'ed got synchronized... but a lot of them still won't sync, my playlist still has huge "sync holes" in it. I've added 2 screenshoots of the beginning of my playlist so you can see what's happening. It's the same in other synchronized playlists...

My iPhone is a brand new 6S with a 128 Go storage and plenty of free disk space (64 Go atm). It worked fine the first weeks I've had it, and also in the past on my iPhone 5.

Can someone help me with this ?

Thanks !
Arthur.

IMG_2151.PNG
IMG_2152.PNG
6 Replies

Hi,

I suggest you go to your Spotify Settings -> Sound quallity -> Mark Sync with mobile connection (bottom of the screen).

Hope it helps!
BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Well, it does seem to work... at least it's re-downloading my 3300+ sync'ed songs, but also because I upgraded the sound quality (from normal to high)... I'll keep you posted if I still have problems.

Thanks a lot ! 🙂
Arthur.

Great, you're welcome!
BittencourtSpotify Star

Err... it looks like the download stopped or froze (at about 2800 tracks out of 3300+ to sync)...
I tried restarting the iPhone AND the app... de-activating and re-activating the "Sync with mobile connection" button you mentioned... but it's not doing anything.

It seems the missing songs are the same that were already not sync'ing properly before that. So it's as if nothing changed (except maybe for the quality of the tracks it downloaded again, in high quality since I changed this setting). But I still have "sync holes" in my playlists, mostly (but not only) among recent additions.

Any clue there ? Thanks.

Hi Arthur, that sounds weird... I can't figure what it might be. I hope someone else read this and help you!

You can also get in contact with the Spotify staff

https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

Good luck!

BittencourtSpotify Star

I found this :

If tracks or playlists aren't fully syncing, check:

• The device is not in sleep mode.
  • There is enough free space to sync the songs (we recommend 1GB or more).
  • The device has an active internet connection.
  • You haven't reached the limit of 3,333 songs per device.

So there IS a song number limit you can access offline... I wasn't aware of that. Well, it's pretty disappointing. That's not what I'm paying for.

And while the playlists I'm trying to sync probably slightly exceed this limit, I still have like 500 songs below this limit that won't sync.

Thanks for your help though.

Suggested posts