Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle problem with iPhone app

Solved!

Shuffle problem with iPhone app

There doesn't seem to be a Shuffle option. When you turn it on there is no option to turn it off.

This means every playlist you select shuffles songs unless you delete the app and re-install.

Is there a solution to this?

81 Replies

Oh Jeez thanks! I don't think I would have ever found that! I wish you could tap the shuffle play again to turn it off. If you want to shuffle again turn it on.

An improvement would be to hit the shuffle icon again on the playlist page.  Finding the turn-off button as per this thread was not intuitive at all.

That is a crappy interface if all of us have to come to a Q&A forum to find the shuffle controls. Why can't it be managed directly from the stupid bar that reads "shuffle play", emblazoned across each track? That's certainly what is confusing many of us. Poor UI. PLEASE fix.

When I press the "i" a screen pops up but I do not see a shuffle button. Can you please help?

IMG_1291.png

Go to the album cover view and then tap the "i" from that screen.

Thats exactly what I'm doing doing, but I dont see an option to toggle the shuffle. This is all I see:

IMG_1291.png

Marked as solution

@Jerryka13 - Are you using Spotify unlimited or free? 

If so be aware you can't turn the shuffle mode off, that is a premium only feature. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have a premium membership. Maybe I'm not logged in? Thank you for your help!

I figured it out. I lost my atm card a couple of days ago and ordered a new one. Spotify could not charge the card for my memebership this month. I wish they would have emailed and let me know that my account was no longer premium. I changed my billing info and now I can see the option to toggle between having shuffle on or off. Thank you for your help!!

@Jerryka13 wrote:

I figured it out. I lost my atm card a couple of days ago and ordered a new one. Spotify could not charge the card for my memebership this month. I wish they would have emailed and let me know that my account was no longer premium. I changed my billing info and now I can see the option to toggle between having shuffle on or off. Thank you for your help!!

If a payment did fail you should have gotten an email to let you know, annoyingly they do often get filtered out by spam/junk filters though! 

Glad its working again!

Peter

Why would I want to default to shuffle mode?!  ALL I want to do is select an artist, and then choose which album to listen to, in the correct order.  Until I'm able to make my Spotify do that by default, I'm cancelling my Premium membership.

@TheRightDan wrote:

Why would I want to default to shuffle mode?!  ALL I want to do is select an artist, and then choose which album to listen to, in the correct order.  Until I'm able to make my Spotify do that by default, I'm cancelling my Premium membership.

The application shouldn't default to shuffle mode if you have premium. Is shuffle definitely set to off in Now Playing > i > Shuffle?

Peter

woops soz misunderstood thingy... uh for my phone it has the ios7 on it and doesn't even have a shuffle it doesnt have anything really its annoying and i cant get it to work

Is there an update to this answer?

It's 2013 now, and hitting the "i" doesn't seem to bring up the "Turn Shuffle Off" option anymore.

😕

Nevermind.  I see that Spotify is irritating people by making certian features premium.

Can't say this makes me want to upgrade. 

Mobile spotify free is all shuffled so you don't need a shuffle setting.

Hi can someone help. I pressed info but there is no shuffle option listed. Is it a glitch? It's driving me crazy. Thanks a million!

@Megamegtron Do you have a premium subscription?

Thanks Peter - your post gave me the motivation to persevere. Removing & reinstalling Spotify solved my issue! 🙂

Suggested posts