Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle problem with iPhone app

Solved!

Shuffle problem with iPhone app

There doesn't seem to be a Shuffle option. When you turn it on there is no option to turn it off.

This means every playlist you select shuffles songs unless you delete the app and re-install.

Is there a solution to this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You should be able to turn shuffle off, yes.  First, while playing something in your playlist, tap the "i" button in the upper left:

s1.PNG

Once you've done that, the shuffle button should be on the lower right.  Tap that, and it should turn from green grey.  Your playlist should now no longer shuffle.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

How can I get my iphone off of shuffle play? It won't "unshuffle on my playlists or my starred list. Help!

Marked as solution

Ok, i think this IS the actual thread and I'm happy to report the fix above worked. Strange that the active shuffle icon is burried there. Thanks!

Marked as solution

Just see the reply above from

Marked as solution

Wow, thank you OP, this was driving me bananas for the past six months.  I swear I selected every single screen, but the main shuffle icon just shuffled the songs and started playing them.  This is a TERRIBLE user experience. 

Of course, I must have turned this on originally, so I likely have myself to blame for the original state 🙂

Thanks again!

Marked as solution

@Jerryka13 - Are you using Spotify unlimited or free? 

If so be aware you can't turn the shuffle mode off, that is a premium only feature. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Dear jwylot: yes I have asked in the remote support site as well. I did see this thread before I found the Remote support site. Thanks

Marked as solution

You're welcome 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Marked as solution

Ok I'm trying to listen all of the music while it's no shuffling but it looks like pandora I don't want spotify to keep doing that to me I need it to stop now

81 Replies
Marked as solution

You should be able to turn shuffle off, yes.  First, while playing something in your playlist, tap the "i" button in the upper left:

s1.PNG

Once you've done that, the shuffle button should be on the lower right.  Tap that, and it should turn from green grey.  Your playlist should now no longer shuffle.

Wow, thanks for your help!

Marked as solution

How can I get my iphone off of shuffle play? It won't "unshuffle on my playlists or my starred list. Help!

JRock1970,

I've moved your post into an existing topic discussing this issue. Please see the above posts, and reply as to whether or not that works for you.

The solution works, but shuffling one album should not make all my music default to shuffle forever.  I just wanted to shuffle the one time.  Everyday, I am NOT shufflin!

You're awesome... thank you! I been shufflin' all week and not happy about it!

It would be helpful if you told us, or linked us to, the existing topic discussing this issue, because I haven't found it yet.

Spotify always, ALWAYS, shuffles my playlists. I don't want them to shuffle. I put them in a particular order for a reason. Is there a simple fix for this?? I swear shuffle is turned off on my app.

Marked as solution

Ok, i think this IS the actual thread and I'm happy to report the fix above worked. Strange that the active shuffle icon is burried there. Thanks!

Marked as solution

Just see the reply above from

Marked as solution

Wow, thank you OP, this was driving me bananas for the past six months.  I swear I selected every single screen, but the main shuffle icon just shuffled the songs and started playing them.  This is a TERRIBLE user experience. 

Of course, I must have turned this on originally, so I likely have myself to blame for the original state 🙂

Thanks again!

i want to shuffle my play list on my HTC Android phone. Can someone help me do this?

Thanks! It was most helpful! Right now I'm listening to the Phantom of the Opera and whole thing is ruined by having it shuffled!

Thank you soooo much!! This has been making me crazy! 🙂

I 100% agree that it's weird that the shuffle/unshuffle icon is buried within a song.  There should be an option in PLAYBACK to shuffle or not... 

Irritating.  

Thanks for explaining this one. I have spent many hours on the London Underground trying to turn shuffle off! Not intuitive - definately worth updating the interface. Apart from that love the iPhone app.

This has been driving me crazy, since it has shuffling all my playlists even when I press and press again and gain that shuffle play button in the playback mode. We should not have to go to info to see if its on shuffle or not, why is it hidden there? Why can't the shuffle play button turn another colour if it is on like the hidden one? The problem is that you cannot tell if it is on or not since it stays the same and keeps shuffling...

hi

my screen has a "back arrow"  on the top left of the screen and the "playlist" icon on the top left.  can figure it out..

thx for any help you can provide

db

screen shot.JPG

It's nice to know HOW to resolve this - but whoever designed the iOS app to mimic web settings needs to rethink that as a feature. Syncing playlists is one thing, automatically importing the settings you may or may not have used the last time you were on the web, and then pannign them across ALL of your playlists is annoying.

The solution work, but why dont the "Shuffle Play" icon on the top of the screen change to something else ?

Suggested posts