Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some playlists (containing local files) won't sync

Solved!

Some playlists (containing local files) won't sync

Hi,

I am trying to sync my playlists from my acocunt to an iPod classic, but some of them (apparently randomly) will not sync. Note that I made all these playlists available offline, and they contain songs that I have on my laptop already. Tried reinstalling spotify but it doesn't work. Ideas?

Thanks a lot,

G

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Have you already taken a look at this topic?

If yes, you may try to fix it by reinstalling Spotify. To do that, please follow the steps in the link below:

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Otherwise you may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.

If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hello,

Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Are these local tracks also available at Spotify (when you search for it)? If so, Spotify might be confused about it (even if the duration is different).

Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot for your reply! The files are available on Spotify, and it recognise them as local files (they show the little note next to the song). I have a premium account, if that makes any difference at all, and it's set to sync all the music to the ipod. However, only the playlists that are marked with a white arrow on green bacground (see image attached) are synced to the ipod, even though also the ones that are not marked (and don't sync) are set to be available online. It doesn't seem to follow any logic at all, as some of the playlists that are not synced were created in the same way and at the same time (eg. D1 and D2) as others that will sync.

Do you have any idea? Is there anything I might be doing wrong?

Thanks a lot,

G

Screen Shot 2014-10-05 at 17.04.01.png
Marked as solution

Hi,

Have you already taken a look at this topic?

If yes, you may try to fix it by reinstalling Spotify. To do that, please follow the steps in the link below:

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Otherwise you may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.

If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot! I had already tried re-installing but I didn't follow the procedure you suggested at the time. Following the correct procedure for re-installing solved the problem (and made me happy!).

Thanks a lot again,

G

Suggested posts