Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs being incorrectly/unnecessarily replaced

Songs being incorrectly/unnecessarily replaced

On my computer, i have a downloaded version of a song (the real version by the artist). Spotify does not carry the original song in their service, but a bad karaoke version of the song. I've added the original version of the song and others to my playlist from the local files on my computer and successfully synced them with my Ipod Touch. Everything works fine on my computer when I listen to the playlist from there. But on my Ipod, Spotify replaces the original version with the bad Karaoke version. All the other songs i sync from my local files work just fine, it's just this one song that switches on the Ipod version of the playlist from the original to the karaoke version. Anyone know how or if this can be corrected. I've removed it from the list and replaced it multiple times, but every time, it does not help.  Thanks.

1 Reply

Hi. When you look at this playlist in the desktop client, is there a chain icon against the track which gets replaced? Try right clicking on the track > unlink then resynching the playlist. You'll probably need to "undownload" the playlist from your mobile first.

Suggested posts