Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs won't sync on my offline playlists

Songs won't sync on my offline playlists

Let me start this off by saying that I'm in my first month of premium use and I am NOT impressed.  I was attracted to premium because of the offline mode.  I have a limited data plan on my iphone 4 so I can't afford to use spotify online unless I'm in a wifi zone.  

Anyways, I made a big playlist the other day and when I try to sync these songs, it just says "1 out of 60 synced" when I leave it up there, keep in mind that there are 178 songs in this playlist.  I left it for 15 minutes and guess what?!  1 out of 60.  I am in wifi, and I have a good connection.  

After sifting through the pile of bull**bleep** that is the spotify "support" page, I came to the conclusion that there is no such thing as spotify customer support, or if there is it's just a fancy term for a cluster of 25-50 extremely broad FAQ answers none of which came close to addressing or answering my problem, which after looking through the community board seems to be really common among iOS users.  I mean its not like that many people use apple products right?

So it seems to me based on what I read that this is a poersistent and remaining problem, am I correct?  I'll  be patient since this month is paid for, but unless I figure out how to completely fix this problem there is zero chance I will ever use this service again, and beyond that I will go through lengths to make sure none of my friends or family use it.  I mean what the **bleep** kind of company charges people 120 bucks a year for a service that has abso-**bleep**ing-lutely zero customer service?!

28 Replies

I am the exact same!!! Im pulling my hair!!! Ive just got the service for the reason i can have oflline playlists and NOTHING is sycing what so over! I dont want to get rid of it but there is no point in me paying for something I can use fully! 😞 .. Hopefully i can figure something out! Also deleteing and reinstalling the app does not work! And trying to sync playlist to be offline on wifi or data doesnt make a difference either

Add me to the list.

Premium Subscription
iPhone 5 with ios 8 (latest version)
Windows 7

I have erased the local files and re-added them.

Uninstalled and reinstalled spotify on both the phone and computer.

deleted and recreated the playlists

increased the cache

nothing works. not worth 9.99 a month

Hi Gregrussian,

I don't know if it has been said yet. But my friend had the exact same issue.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH STORAGE ON YOUR PHONE!!!!

To check this, access settings > General > Usage.

This will display how much storage you have used and how much is remaining. You need a reasonable amount like 500mb depending on how many tracks are being synced.

Once you have made room in your storage by deleting things on other apps, you can try again and I'm pretty sure it will work.

Spotify is actually class, you just jumped to conclusions, take it back 😉

Hi Cavrecon and Fionaglassxo!

Read my above comment, let me know if this fixes the issue.

Ok, hello. I cannot sync local files or playlists to my mobile app anymore. Had been doing it for over a year and then suddenly within the  last month or so, certain tracks are dulled out, and some aren't. But one thing is for sure: pressing the 'Available Offline' button on my mobile app does NOTHING anymore. I have over 5GB of available storage - NOT IT! - I reinstalled both desktop and mobile verions of Spotify - NOT IT! - I reset all devices that are used by my account (3) - NOT. IT. So, now what?

There is no device tab in Spotify desktop anymore to see connected devices or manage syncing, why? I don't know and I don't care I just want to be able to know if this mobile syncing thing is still supported or functional or a thing. 

I have Spotify Premium.

I am using iPhone5c with iOS 8.3

I have the most recent versions of Spotify on mobile and desktop.

Halp me plz

I am SO TIRED OF PLAYLISTS NOT SYNCING OFFLINE ON MY PHONE. I have 29GB of free space, I've deleted and resintalled the app a number of times, this works for about a week or two, then playlists stop syncing again. I'm tired of paying $10 a month just to have to pay more to AT&T for extra streaming costs because my playlists won't sync. 

PLEASE PROVIDE A SOLUTION FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS SPOTIFY. You have a great product in general but little issues like this are going to drive us away very quickly. 

Using Spotify version: 3.1.0.2150

It seems that for proper syching your iPhone must be set to the same "wifi" network as the device you're syching with (Mac or PC?) is routed to, rather than being set to your iPhone's celluar "data".   Everything is pretty much automatic at that point (assuming that you have the necessary storage space on your iPhone).

but if i were to reinstall the app all the songs already synced would be deleted

I think I may have a solution. I recently found out that there is a limit for how many songs you can download. After I removed some non needed songs that I have downloaded, it starts syncing again. Just try unsaving and removing unneeded downloaded songs from your app and it should work

Suggested posts