Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is Spotify Now ever coming?

Is Spotify Now ever coming?

Remember last May (5/20/2015 to be exact) when Spotify told us about this cool new things Spotify Now? It would bring podcasts and shows and all kinds of cool things with it. Got lots of press. But it's never shown up on my Mac, iPhone, or iPad. Could it be because I'm not a premium member? NOPE, I've been premium since Day 1 in the U.S. 

So, really, what's up?

What happened?

Why?

Why not?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

14 Replies

I keep hearing about podcasts coming to Spotify, but I have seen no such update on iOS or OS X. What is going on with Spotify Now and how can I get "shows" on my iPhone and Mac??? Am I missing something or has this feature not rolled out yet???

Thanks!

It's coming but they are changing the name to Spotify Not Right Now. It will be released sometime between soon and never.

Hi @JeffinNY, I will escalate your query to the Spotify staff to find out if we can get an update on the situation with Spotify Now.

As of right now, it is still in beta testing.

Hey JeffinNY!

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community, great to see you're part of the band.

We're glad to hear you're interested in this new features. Now, these updates will be rolling out gradually on iOS/Android, starting with Running. Other platforms may follow in the future. Stay tuned!

Note: The new update is rolling out in the US, UK, SE, and DE initially. We’re working on adding more countries in the future.

Don't hesitate to drop us a message if you need us again 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/track/3O2hu8wMKZfR2hqIWElMEl

The home page advertising these features sure doesn't indicate any beta testing.  They make it seem like you sign up for spotify and you have these features but you don't.  The features were announced mid last year and totally understand if a beta or phased rollout is needed.  However, this is one of the longest rollouts I've ever seen, and I do not think you are being genuine advertising the features on your home page and not delivering.  Just communicate what is going one, don't promise and most reasonable people will understand.  I would really like to try the new features but also want them to work.  But, I have no idea what you're doing.

Hey truvalor!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Thanks for all your feedback about this desired update, we'll pass it on internally! Rest assured, it's still being rolled out to users. We're just tweaking these features to make them better. Hopefully, we'll have more of an update on this soon.

Just give us a shout if you ever need any help.

It looks like Spotify Now is potentially not going to happen.

I've been asking Spotify Cares on Twitter, who say that I might see it in the future. (https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/685516200630194177)

A shame as having podcasts in there would make Spotify a lot more useful and it seems like quite an easy thing to add.

Just need something that can read a podcast's RSS feed, right?

That is just getting silly at this point.  Spotify is the one that made a big deal about it, press releases, videos, and so on.

Remember this?

https://news.spotify.com/us/2015/05/20/say-hello-to-the-most-entertaining-spotify-ever/

And this?

https://www.spotify.com/us/now/

It seems your customers sure remember it but apparently not Spotify.

@polestarcap13 wrote:

I keep hearing about podcasts coming to Spotify, but I have seen no such update on iOS or OS X. What is going on with Spotify Now and how can I get "shows" on my iPhone and Mac??? Am I missing something or has this feature not rolled out yet???

Thanks!

same problem here. would love to enjoy the new features which are published almost a year ago now. 

I have the same problem. I have the new features, but my wife's phone does NOT. IT DRIVES HER INSANE that I have these features and she does not.

She has been in contact with spotify support since AUGUST and they still think its some glitch on her phone. Ridiculous.

Same problem here. The worst is that I got used to having it when using my android phone in October to December. In Dec, I switched to an iphone, I do not have shows or now now... frustrating. I understand some people do have it but for the rest of us that do not have it, it seems like false advertisment at this point to me.

Tip for Spotify: put the people that are registered on this forum on the top of the list of the rollout...

Came across this article today.  Check it out.  First news info I've heard about plans.  According to this article Spotify target May 2016 for broader rollout of video etc...      After Slight Pause, Spotify Set to Charge Forward on Video http://disq.us/92tuby

For me it is the opposite... I've been a paid subscriber for ever. When I upgraded for the "family plan", and set up Spotify on my wife's iPhone, she has the NOW feature, but I do not. It drives me crazy!!!

Suggested posts