Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app won't play some songs

Spotify app won't play some songs

The songs in questions are Tegan and Sara the albums : Heartthrob and The Con. The use to work on my phone but won't play anymore. It shows they are aviable and will even let me save them for offline play. 

3 Replies

Hey @lynse19373

Are you still having trouble playing these songs? 

If so, the reason is that the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify. Usually when a song is removed it can take a while for them to grey out and show as unavailable. If they are removed they will still show up in your playlist. Go to settings and make sure "show unavailable songs" is turned on.

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can't be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others. Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I still cannot play these songs. This has been going on for months and they still show up. 

Thier other albums can be played just not two of them. 

Hello @lynse19373

Can you try reinstalling the Spotify iOS app to see if that helps?

Both albums are working for me.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts