Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify constant crashes in loadingscreen

Solved!

Spotify constant crashes in loadingscreen

Hello!

My Spotify on my iPhone 4 constantly crashing. I can't even open the app anymore. I don't really know why because it never happend before. I am using a premium account for the purpose of using Spotify on the phone. This is pretty frustrating when I am at work and can't listen to music.

I got a lot of local files but everything I am using should be synced as usual. But today when I was going to open up Spotify it keeps crashing in loading screen. I can't even reach the "News Feeed"/mainpage of Spotify anymore. I was searching for a similar problem but I could't find it. It worked on Friday. 
I've felt the app running slow and keep messing around every time I open it (taking 10 - 15 sec to update just to change track for example). 

I am sorry if this is already solved somewhere. I could't find it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Quick update! I just did a fresh install of iOS and set it up as a new device. After this, the app finally works properly.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I just solved my own problem. I rebooted my phone once, making sure I close out Spotify. I went back in after the reboot and it worked after I used a fake username to check to see if it was connecting.

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Updating with a troubleshooting sheet.

I tried restarting my phone, it didn't work. I tried restarting the app. It didn't work.

I can't really do anything except looking at the Spotify icon with black background and waiting for the application to crash and jump back to all of my apps. 

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 4

Device’s Operating System

iOS

Is your device jailbroken?

No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

40 maybe. Using 10.

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

Not accessible atm.

My provider and country

3 Sweden

My username

SilverLi

I'm having the same issue, however I'm on iOS 8 beta 4. If you're on an iPhone 4 though that means you can't be on iOS 8 -- so it seems like it's a general bug with the app.

I've tried everything short of resetting my phone's settings. I reinstalled Spotify and now even if I launch the app after a fresh reinstall of Spotify, kill the app at the login screen (so this is RIGHT after launching the reinstalled app), then relaunch it, it still crashes right away.

Here is my crash dump: https://gist.github.com/landr0id/70a10e12d1a4e06c2885

I have 45 more just like it.

Would like to chime in on iOS Betas - its not supported by Spotify and judging from past experiences, it won't be until the final release of iOS 8 is out.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

@jeremygoh wrote:
Would like to chime in on iOS Betas - its not supported by Spotify and judging from past experiences, it won't be until the final release of iOS 8 is out.

SilverLi has an iPhone 4, which iOS 8 does not support. It seems it's not an iOS 8-related issue.

Have you tried turning the device off and then on again?

@MichaelJerzak wrote:
Have you tried turning the device off and then on again?

As we've stated in previous posts, yes.

Does it still happen with the latest release? ie: Spotify 1.5.0?
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

@jeremygoh wrote:
Does it still happen with the latest release? ie: Spotify 1.5.0?

Yes, unfortunately. I tried removing the app and reinstalling it as well. Same issue as before where it works just fine after redownloading but as soon as I kill it, it crashes at launch.

@landaire 

Right now Spotify does not "fully" support iOS 8 as it is still in its beta stages.

The app should be compatible with iOS 8 by the time of its final release this September.

I am currently using iOS 8 beta as well. I've had many problems, but using a beta you have to expect things not to work.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@MattSuda wrote:

@landaire 

Right now Spotify does not "fully" support iOS 8 as it is still in its beta stages.

The app should be compatible with iOS 8 by the time of its final release this September.

I am currently using iOS 8 beta as well. I've had many problems, but using a beta you have to expect things not to work.

I understand that. Please read the full post. This is not iOS 8-related unless OP meant he has an iPhone 4S. If you look at the crash dump I posted, Spotify is doing too much crap in its startup method. You can't really blame iOS 8 for that when every other app I use is working totally fine, and this issue started happening out of nowhere.

I talked with the tech service on Twitter and they don't know how to fix it yet, for the user of ios 8 they hope that with the new beta release it will work, if the problem is still here, wait a new update of spotify or contact them, for Twitter it's @spotifycares

Same problem as me, plz help 😞
Marked as solution

Quick update! I just did a fresh install of iOS and set it up as a new device. After this, the app finally works properly.

I have the same problem, again. It occured after a install to iOS 8 two weeks again. And then the problems started. I reinstalled iOS and it started to work again. Then for the second the problems started so removed the app and this fixed the problems! But now, for the third time I have the exact same problem.

Problem: Tries to start Spotify --> The app seems to be loading then quits without leaving the startup phase. 

Nothing except a reinstall helps. It is maddening and I think I might go crazy. 😞

@Entalpi try changing your locale and relaunching the app:

"If Spotify is crashing at startup on iOS 8, try changing your phone's SettingsLanguage & Region to another country, then change back."

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/513045543720079360

I switched to Swedish from English, restarted and launched Spotify - exact same problem as before. I also did it vice versa from English to Swedish with the same result. I also tried rebooting. 😞

I didn't update iOS to 8, nothing has changed, only new spotify version. It crashes all the time. Please I would like downgrade! Thanks

I am having the same problem.
iOS 7.1.2
iPhone 4S
Spotify 1.7.1
Spotify Premium user (for now)

I've tried reinstalling Spotify several times. With a fresh install I can sometimes open the app but if I sync any playlists or albums then the next time I want to use the app I tap the icon and see the Spotify splash startup screen and the app crashes before it finishes starting up.

My problem is almost exactly the same. I have tried restarting, reinstalling, and completely wiping my phone. When I reinstalled Spotify, it lets me enter my login information and then crashes. I am so annoyed!! I just got Spotify Premium too!

Suggested posts