27-02-2013 12:11 AM - edited 27-02-2013 12:14 AM
Spotify iOS app won't scrobble tracks which were played in offline mode to Last.Fm properly.
A more detailed description, using numbered steps
1. I sync all my favorite playlists to my iPod Touch;
2. I set the app to offline mode before leaving;
3. I listen to songs I like and/or skip songs I don't like;
4. I arrive at college, where there are a good WiFi;
5. I connect to the WiFi successfully and set the app to online mode again;
6. I check my last.fm and no tracks were scrobbled. (Sometimes it only scrobbles the last played track);
7. I try to turn on and off the scrobbling feature and sometimes it just scrobbles the last song I listened to or no song at all.
What I expected to happen
I expected that each songs I listened to were properly scrobbled to Last.Fm.
What actually happened
No tracks or just a few tracks (or the very last played tracks) were scrobbled.
My iPad/iPhone model
iPod Touch (4th Generation).
Device’s Operating System
iOS 6.1.2 (10B146).
Is your device jailbroken?
Approximately how many playlists do you have?
Less than 50. Two or 3 are synced offline.
My mobile Spotify version
0.5.10.14 (Spotify Core 0.7.1.6118)
My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)
0.8.8.347.gbcec6996 (Windows 7)
My provider and country
Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?
28-02-2013 04:34 PM
01-04-2013 10:43 AM - edited 01-04-2013 10:43 AM
I'm facing the same problem, but also with the app in online mode!
There is another post about this problem with scrobbling to Last.FM here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iP
02-04-2013 10:07 PM
I have this problem on my iPhone 4. It's enough of an issue to me that it makes me consider if having the premium is worth it. I like to load my iPhone with the music I want to hear the next day and then listening to it in offline mode until I have wifi again. I'd like to keep track of the music I have listened to - why doesn't Spotify cache the scrobbles to Last.fm?
Please consider this! Thank you.
18-11-2014 08:37 AM
Have just switched over from android to IOS onnly to find as well as no album art for offline mode it doesnt scrobble either, come on Spotify sort it out, this is not what i subscribed for
|Hi folks. We're aware that ... . We're investigating!|
To stay updated please come in here.
Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.