Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops when iPhone goes in standby.

Spotify stops when iPhone goes in standby.

My Spotify on iPhone stops playing when i turn OFF the screen og going to another app (non Music apps).. It startet after i updated the Spotify app. Hos Can i have background Music again?
7 Replies

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

You should contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this contact form, or tweeting to @SpotifyCares (ENG), @SpotifyAyuda (ESP) or @SpotifyAjuda (PT).

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check your Spam Box 😉

Just started today for me too. If they fix it great, but in the mean time I am not paying for this. I'm on iOS 8.1.2  (just updated last week...I gave it time for devs to get their stuff togerher) so I don't know if it is iOS or the app. Either way...8.2.1 has been out awhile and this shouldn't be happening.

Same to me, look also "Spotify constantly pauses songs on iPhone and laptop"

Close out of all the running apps on your iPhone and this should solve the problem with Spotify pausing when you leave the app.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No definitively doesn't work. tested with two iphone 6. it is not a problem of to many apps! For the first time it takes 10-30 minutes after standby for the first music break. After it it comes more and more (1 minute) and then immidetly when you press standby.

I have the same issue. Spotify stop playing as soon as the screen goes to sleep. Never had that before !

I have the same Problem, it stops if I change app or minimize

Suggested posts