Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't go online over wifi

Spotify won't go online over wifi

I have an iPhone 6, IPod gen 5 and MacBook Pro, but whenever I try go online to browse music it says I can not connect and that I am offline despite having wifi and that wifi connection working for everything else. To browse music I have to use cellular data which is inconvenient and expensive. I tried uninstalling Spotify in my phone and reinstalling it and this temporarily fixed my problem however it has come back. Has anybody experienced this before? How can I fix this issue? TIA.
12 Replies

Hi...I had the same problem opn Android since June...wsa recently fixed but now the smae thing is happening on iOS9!!!! It works everywhere else, but now on my home network...haven't checked the mac yet.

Similar problem with ipad air 2 and iphone 6 on ios 9.1. Will eventually connect to wifi after several minutes. No delay on iphone via 4G.

Add me to the list, MacBook Pro on BT WiFi.  Nohting changed in my system, except Spotfiy crashing constantly....haven't played a song all the way through all this week.

Going to stop paying shortly.

I have a Samsung A3.  I have been using Spotify on my phone for about 3 months on my home wifi but now it says there is no internet connection.  I have reset the router, deleted and reinstalled Spotify and done factory reset on the phone but it still won't connect.  Any help would be appreciated.

I have an iPhone 5S, a macbook pro and an iPad, on all devices the spotify app has a lot of problems via the wifi. With my phone on 4g works perfect, but when i switch to wifi it can't connect and i cannot use wifi at all anymore on my phone. I then need to turn my wifi off on my phone, and on again to re-connect to internet.

My wife has an iPhone 6, and has no problems at all. This proves it is someting in the app, and not for example something in the wifi router settings.

It was solved with the latest software update of the app

You're very lucky.

Mine still doesn't work, since last October - Spotify seem to busy taking my monthly payments out of my account than getting this sorted.

I even sent the text of a full error report back in January....and received zero feedback.

Luckily, Deezer seems to work fine.  It's seeming more and more sensible to cancel my bank payment and just abandon all hope.

Still doesn't work for me. If I'm not connected to wifi my Spotify works ok but if I connect to the wifi at work it says offline. Which is wrong since I can access the web via wifi. So frustrating.

Why don't these assholes ever respond and fix **bleep**? **bleep** ass bastards

**bleep** ass bastards, fix the pooping ass connection issues with wifi, or I cancel and stop advertising for you. I'm tired of this **bleep** ass c0k sucking bool shart.

Having the same exact issue. Spotify works fine when using PC but as soon as my phone switches to my work WIFI it loses connection. Only Spotify does this as Google play music and Pandora work fine. Giving Premium a try but if I can't get this to work than not sure it will be worth it.

Anyone have any luck troubleshooting the issue?

Samsung Note 5 Running Nougat

Actually, for me all my problems were solved by buying a new router.

Suggested posts