Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Solved!

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Hi! I'm using Spotify 0.7.4.35, on my iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.3. In online mode Spotify works ok, but I can't download playlists to offline mode. I switch on "available offline" on a playlist, but the songs won't sync (sometimes the first song gets marked with an orange exclamation mark and that's it). I use Spotify on 4 platforms, but not at once, and I just have offline playlist on two of them (one now that it doesn't work on my iPhone). This is very annoying since I usually use Spotify when I have no internet connection. Anyone having the same problems? Thankful for help.
401 Replies

I'm having a problem on my galaxy tab4 it I have downloaded other smaller playlists yet my larger ones and my saved songs will stop downloading after a while and say waiting to download is there any fix for this?

I've had Spotify for 2 years now and only since I got a new phone, my premium subscription would not work. It took uninstalling it on both my laptop and phone twice and redownloading before if recongized I had a premium account. Even after all that, offline mode still would not work over data or wifi. So, I just went through that process again and finally all my songs are syncing to offline mode. All I have to say is to get it together Spotify, we are paying for this service and would like to be able to use it!

I'm have the same issue its not downloading the music on off mode for playlist.

Just says "waiting to download" and no matter what I do nothing will download. I have space on my phone and wifi and tried re installing nothing works.

I have the same problem since some days with my iPhone 6, 64 GB with iOS 9.3.2 and Spotify 5.4.0.1011

My Spotify playlists stuck on waiting to download. Have deleted app and reinstalled and still doesn't work. Everything was fine until about two weeks ago.
Marked as solution

Solved it now. I had the Spotify app runing on my Mac and it had crashed. Once I restarted the desktop app Spotify on my iPhone started working properly.

Ive given up spotify. Logged into spotify on pc to cancel my subscription and luckily(!) it went out the same day i cancelled. Good riddance! Moved to deezer. It has a few issues, but atleast the offline mode works. If it doesnt, i just close and reopen the app and its fine. Id rather have an app with flaws than one that doesnt work offline. (Im on ios, ipod, for those who wonder.) also, if you want to subscribe to it, and youre on ios, the price through itunes is actually higher due to apples added tax, so go to www deezer com instead and youll get a subscription at the same cost as spotify.

Thats it for me. Doubt ill be coming back. Thanks, spotify 😛

Hi everyone , I'm having the issue that  my music has stopped downloading 

with my app open and wifi connected nothing is coming thru 

I have 15 GB of space avaliable still on my I phone 6 , 

How do i get new music to come thru automatically again ? 

@Mycketsås wrote:
Hi! I'm using Spotify 0.7.4.35, on my iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.3. In online mode Spotify works ok, but I can't download playlists to offline mode. I switch on "available offline" on a playlist, but the songs won't sync (sometimes the first song gets marked with an orange exclamation mark and that's it). I use Spotify on 4 platforms, but not at once, and I just have offline playlist on two of them (one now that it doesn't work on my iPhone). This is very annoying since I usually use Spotify when I have no internet connection. Anyone having the same problems? Thankful for help.

Hi, as of yesterday, spotify unsynced all my songs, (approx 200) and nearly 24 hours later, I still have 130 songs to sync. Why did this happen and how do I speed up the syncing process? Doesn't make any sense, so ANY help would be helpful. Thank you. 

I got a new phone with 3 times the amount I had on my old phone and I have premium package and none of my old music will sinc with out wifi. I'm thinking about canceling my subscription because nothing I'm doing is working and I can't use it offline.

Storage* ^

Try www.deezer.com
Check the app store for the program.
The offline mode on it works for me on my ios device (ipod)
Same cost when purchasing from their website, but from itunes theres added apple-tax, so costs more there. So be sure to buy from their website.

Same price as spot-mostlynotworking-ify 😛

I'm on Mac trying to sync all of my offline files.  I am on the verge of cancelling, what is with this design?   Only 243 of my 1400+ offline songs will sync to my phone and it takes insanely long just to sync these songs!  

Why can I no longer manage my device on spotify on the computer?    Instead I have to just click "offline mode on" and let it sync less then a quarter of my songs!  If its able to sync some, why is it not able to sync all? 

I have already re-installed spotify on the iPhone in an attempt to re-sync everything and that hasn't helped at all. 

Can anyone recommend some help? 

I'm trying to sync music from itunes to spotify and download on my iphone. I have enough space (more than 1GB) and am on the same wifi network. It says "waiting to dowload" below to the available offiline tab on my phone.

i have 60gb of space on my phone and my songs still dont download. help anyone? 

The solution for me was that there was a frozen spotify running on one of my computers.  After killing it off and rebooting that computer, I was able to sync on my mobile device.

So it wasn't  the limit of number of songs that can be synched, not the limit of 3 devices that can be synched - it was a dodgy dpotify running mad on one of my Mac's on my network.

Hi, I have been having this problem for the past 2 months. It use to be very efficient in downloading my music and playlists. Now it won't even download a single song. I have tried all the methods above and none of them work. I have 26GB left in my iPad and my Mac and iPad are in sync. I have no idea what I should do about this but I desperately need to get them available offline or I wouldn't have subscribed to Premium.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Hi, I'm using Spotify on the iPhone 6s and I've recently finished my 3-month premium trial which allows me to select and listen to songs under the offline mode.

However, I did not continue with the premium version and reverted back to the free version, which I had for around 2-3 years and for as long as I can remember, I have never encountered any problems listening to my playlists.

This time, though, whenever I click on the "shuffle play" button on my playlist (since I can no longer select songs), a pop-out ad will appear saying that I need to unlock the premium feature to listen to my playlists. And when I tried searching for songs, I'm told that Spotify is offline.

I don't know what's wrong, I want to use the free version again and not unlock the premium feature which I have to pay for. Is this because my Spotify is under offline mode? How do I change it back to online?

Hello,

I have a completly reset 16G 4s. It only has standard Apple items loaded and Spotify, so at least 10 G storage.  I was hoping to use the 4s only for my Spotify playlist which has 1711 songs in it. All songs download beautifully on my iPad 2, but only a little over 1600 download on my 4s. Very confusing and frustrating.

Suggested posts