Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing to Ipod shuffle

Syncing to Ipod shuffle

I am attempting to sync a selected playlist to my iPod shuffle (which obviously has limited memory) and instead of syncing the playlist, Spotify starts syncing my Local Files. If i attempt to unselect the Local Files the whole program shuts down. If I then open it again, it has just started syncing my local files all over again. Please help!

12 Replies

Hello @Loosyy, welcome to the community!

You can only sync your local files with the iPod Shuffle unfortunately 😕 To be able to sync Spotify songs (songs you are streaming or using the offline mode feature for) you need to use an official app from Spotify on supported devices (iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, etc.). If you still want to sync your local files with Spotify here is a good article on how to 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

This is not correct. I have personally done this in the past succesfully. But for some reason the device area of the desktop client has now been removed which appears to have stopped this from being possible.

You were always only able to sync the local files that you had available on your computer. Apple has never allowed you to sync music to an iPod from spotify and you have always been required to use iTunes

I'm sorry but I'm affraid you're wrong on that. I purchased a Water Proof iPod Shuffle specifically because you are able to sync playlists from Spotify. I synced my iPod with my playlists - which I do not own or have availble on iTunes and it has worked perfectly for three months. Today I came to update my music selection and the devices tab has dissapeared from the desktop client stopping me from updating the music.

I downloaded an older version of Spotify from File Hose but for some reason it won't start syncing.

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 17.44.26.png

I don't think apple ever sold iPod shuffles. Other MP3 players could sync with spotify but not Apple iPods I think

So you're calling me a liar?

same thing here friend...

One solution I found (not realy the best.... but wtd) was to delete stupid playlists and stoped folowing stupid chanels and I managed to leave only my 2 personal favorite playlists... then left it running ALL FILES... and it seems It starts syncing by the playlists... just finished doing it... lets see if it works...

did this work? I just spent money on an ipod shuffle made waterproof by audioflood, for the purpose of syncing my premium list. Now, I find out that it's blocking, stating I can only sync local.

Did not work... 😞

Hi

I plan to buy a waterproof ipod shuffle as well but now seeing your comment worries me (about syncing with spotify local files). Did you every find a way around it? 

It worked initially, then something changed and it didn't 😞

What do you use now to sync music to your ipod? regular ol itunes songs? 

Suggested posts