Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When does spotify get new albums?

When does spotify get new albums?

Brantley Gilbert's new album came out on the 19th and it's still not on Spotify... Getting a little annoyed. How long does it take to get new albums?

7 Replies

Unfortunately, its down to the record labels. You will find sometimes they withhold content in the hope you will still go out and buy it.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Wow really? Just kinda sucks paying for a music service every month and not being able to get new music. Thanks for the reply though.

Exactly just like eric church new cd isn't on there yet either... 

Essentially it's down the strategy of content labels..

Sometimes they feel like they should sell the CD for a few weeks before putting on streaming services so it doesn't affect record sells. I know the mentality is flawed as they are being paid both ways but yeah.. If the record labels don't deliver, it won't work.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

It sucks a lot. I've been waiting for this album for forever. My fiancรฉ uses Beats Music & it's already out there. I am a loyal Spotify customer, & don't want to leave, but this situation frustrates me.

It really does suck like I'm still waiting for Blake Shelton's new album. "If I'm Honest"

@_niall_horan_93

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label.

Since Blake has most (if not all) of his albums in Spotify, chances are the new one will appear soon. They usually wait a few days to rack up album sales before make it available for streaming.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts