Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why do I have to pay for premium iphone app when i already subscribe to premium?

Why do I have to pay for premium iphone app when i already subscribe to premium?

Why do I have to pay for the spotify premium app for my iPhone when I already subscribe to a premium account? I already have spotify on my desktop and on my ipad and I never had to pay for any software then. I just installed logged in with my spotify premium account and all was good. Now spotify is asking me for 69p to have it on my iPhone. Now know its 69p and its hardly going to break the bank but come on that's ridiculous. I already pay £10 a month or what ever it is. I'm pretty certain I never paid for the app on my ipad, just installed and logged on
4 Replies

This is really weird. Where are you being asked for an extra 69p? Can you post a screenshot?

Are you sure you are installing the Spotify app? 

Listify rings a bell as being 69p!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Moved this over to the iOS board to keep things tidy.

Just to reiterate though: the Spotify app itself, on all devices, is free to download. Nobody should ever be paying to download Spotify.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Did you search for "Spotify Premium"? For some reason the Spotify app itself doesn't show up as a result if you do that, but just several unofficial apps (e.g. "SongSearch for Spotify (Premium)") which appear to be just ways of searching for Spotify tracks.

The official app will appear if you just search for "Spotify".

Suggested posts