Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Gramofon from Fon not working in my iPad and iPhone

my plan is premium familiar.I use a iPad Pro 3rd and an iPhone 12 Pro, both with IOS 15.7.I am at Spain. I have connected my Gramofon for first time since years to my Denon ADV-M51.all seems ok but the Spotify 8.7.66.438 on my devices recognizes the ...

• Casual Listener
  • my plan is premium familiar. I use a iPad Pro 3rd and an iPhone 12 Pro, both with IOS 15.7. I am at Spain.   I have connected my Gramofon for first time since years to my Denon ADV-M51. all...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • gramofon
    iOS
    iphone
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][HOME PAGE LAYGOUT] Sudden Changes to Home Page Layout on iOS App

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 14.7.1 IssueI opened up the Spotify App on my iOS device today and noticed the Home Page Layout has completely changed. My much preferred the older layout as it was easier to navigate and recommen...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 14.7.1   Issue I opened up the Spotify App on my iOS device today and noticed the Home Page Layout has completely changed. ...
  • goodhart
  • 19 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 11 likes

Sound quality on Apple Watch vs iPhone

Are there any specifications as to the sound quality when listening directly from the Apple Watch? I've played with it a bit, using my Airpods Pro and Airpods Max and latest versions of all firmware and software and OSes, and it seems like the music ...

• Casual Listener
  • Are there any specifications as to the sound quality when listening directly from the Apple Watch? I've played with it a bit, using my Airpods Pro and Airpods Max and latest versions of all firmware ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 12 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution TestFlight Beta IOS

Where I could find the Release notes for Spotify Beta downloaded via TestFlight. The "What To Test Section" is not enough. Every update the same text. I want to know what's new this Beta.PlanPremiumCountryItalyDevice(iPhone 13)Operating System(iOS 16...

• Where I could find the Release notes for Spotify Beta downloaded via TestFlight. The "What To Test Section" is not enough. Every update the same text. I want to know what's new this Beta. Plan Prem...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No Spotify canvas in android tablet

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceGalaxy Tab S6 LiteOperating SystemAndroidMy Question or IssueHi, I have been made aware that in a few people's android tablet, the spotify canvas function is working whereas in mine it is not... I've tried and I can't find t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country India Device Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Operating System Android My Question or Issue Hi, I have been made aware that in a few people's android tablet, the spotify canvas function ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Airplay won’t play with ios16

PlanPremiumCountrySpain DeviceiPhone 14 proOperating SystemiOS 16 My Question or IssueSpotify connects to the HomePods via airplay but pauses immediately. Unable to restart play, pauses immediately

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Spain   Device iPhone 14 pro Operating System iOS 16   My Question or Issue Spotify connects to the HomePods via airplay but pauses immediately. Unab...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Headphones doesnt connect on Apple Watch Series 8

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDeviceiPhone 14 pro & Apple Watch Series 8Operating SystemWatchOS 9.0iOS 16.0.1 My Question or IssueI have multiple issues with Spotify with the new devices.1. I cannot seem to connect bluetooth headphones with Spotify. When ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Finland Device iPhone 14 pro & Apple Watch Series 8 Operating System WatchOS 9.0 iOS 16.0.1   My Question or Issue I have multiple issues with Spotify with th...
  • Eni
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Bug] Song switches in the middle multiple times, the previous song starts playing

None of the below information is required.PlanPremium CountryIndia DeviceiPhone 13 ProOperating SystemiOS 16 So I have two problems 1) I have been facing this for a while where the music starts streaming on another device randomly in the middle of my...

• Visitor
  • None of the below information is required. Plan Premium   Country India   Device iPhone 13 Pro Operating System iOS 16   So I have two problems  1) I have been fa...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App glitches with new Iphone

My Question or IssueNow playing is not showing in app at the bottom. Also when I click on the new music bar that shows on IPhone 14 outside of the app…the music stops once the app is opened.I also took a screen recording if needed. PlanPremiumCountry...

3509CF4A-D904-44E2-88B4-4897D29502F3.png
  • Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue Now playing is not showing in app at the bottom. Also when I click on the new music bar that shows on IPhone 14 outside of the app…the music stops once the app is opened. I als...
  • OscarDC
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Home page not opening in offline mode

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueMy home page will not open. i pbone in offline mode

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue My home...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Home Screen with Genres

I had a screen with buttons for various genres - fairly large ones with pictures. I can’t find it - is there a way to get it back? Or am I thinking of something else? Premium, USA, iPhone 11, iOS 15.6.1 Device

• Visitor
  • I had a screen with buttons for various genres - fairly large ones with pictures.  I can’t find it - is there a way to get it back?  Or am I thinking of something else?   Premium, US...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Audio pauses when app is reopened

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 16.0 My Question or IssueWhen passively listening to audio (app closed or phone sleeping), audio is automatically paused when you re-open the application. Noticed this since upgrading to iOS...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 16.0   My Question or Issue When passively listening to audio (app closed or phone sleeping), audio is automatically ...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Music stops playing after one song on Apple Watch

PlanPremiumCountry US DeviceiPhone 13 Max / Apple Watch 5Operating SystemIOS 16 /watchOS 9.0 My Question or IssuePlease help. I've used Spotify for a couple of years now and have recently run into problems with it stopping after playing one song on m...

•   Plan Premium Country US   Device iPhone 13 Max / Apple Watch 5 Operating System IOS 16 /watchOS 9.0   My Question or Issue Please help. I've used Spotify for a couple of y...
  • Yordan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lock Screen Time Slider Does Not Work Properly

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceiPhone 12 miniOperating SystemiOS 15.6.1 My Question or IssueCurrently, I am using the lastest version of the Spotify on iOS which is 8.7.62. The problem is that when I skip forward a song and get back to that song right...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device iPhone 12 mini Operating System iOS 15.6.1   My Question or Issue Currently, I am using the lastest version of the Spotify on iOS which is 8.7.62. Th...
  • Yordan
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Playlists] Sync song to this Iphone

When I added a song to spotify on my pc, i cant play it on iphone. I DONT HAVE THE OPTION FOR "ENABLE SYNC FROM DESKTOP". YES I HAVE PREMIUM. YES I HAVE THE LATEST UPDATE. It tells me instruction on how to sync the song to my iphone and they literall...

• When I added a song to spotify on my pc, i cant play it on iphone. I DONT HAVE THE OPTION FOR "ENABLE SYNC FROM DESKTOP". YES I HAVE PREMIUM. YES I HAVE THE LATEST UPDATE. It tells me instruction on ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My music isn’t showing on second phone that is connected to same account

I have two phones that are both logged on to same account. When one plays music ironically it is not showing up as playing on the second phone. I have worked this for the last 3/4 years and it has automatically just stopped. I like to see when my par...

• Regular
  • I have two phones that are both logged on to same account.  When one plays music ironically it is not showing up as playing on the second phone.  I have worked this for the last 3/4 years a...
  • OscarDC
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

[SOLVED it was car mode] Play screen way too basic can't do anything

SOLVED apparently there's a car mode that Spotify switched to at some point. Premium, iPhone 13 mini My Question or IssueWhat's the deal with the new play screen?- Can't click on artist- Can't click on album- Can't open the playlist it is in- Can't a...

• SOLVED apparently there's a car mode that Spotify switched to at some point.   Premium, iPhone 13 mini   My Question or Issue What's the deal with the new play screen? - Can't click o...
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline downloads are unbearably slow on iOS

DeviceiPhone 13 Pro (iOS 15.6.1) My Question or IssueI have noticed that the download speed for offline listening is incredibly slow. I have about 4000 offline songs and it takes 2-3 hours to download everything if my phone doesn't sleep. That's righ...

• Casual Listener
  • Device iPhone 13 Pro (iOS 15.6.1)   My Question or Issue I have noticed that the download speed for offline listening is incredibly slow. I have about 4000 offline songs and it takes 2-3 hou...
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

download playlist to apple watch, I don't see the 3 dots. any thoughts?

I have family premium account. iOS latest versions on watch and iphone. the download option for playlists can't be found.

• Visitor
  • I have family premium account.  iOS latest versions on watch and iphone.  the download option for playlists can't be found.
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast episodes don't show on apple watch in the playing queue + "your episodes" doesn't play

Plan: PremiumDevices: Apple Watch Series 5 with cellular, iPhone 13Latest versions of iOS and Watch OSLatest version of Spotify mobile (8.7.56)Watch has been restarted, Apple watch app and iphone app have been freshly reinstalled My Question or Issue...

• Regular
  • Plan: Premium Devices: Apple Watch Series 5 with cellular, iPhone 13 Latest versions of iOS and Watch OS Latest version of Spotify mobile (8.7.56) Watch has been restarted, Apple watch app and ip...
  • Vasil
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes