Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Bug: Can’t add songs to playlists while playing through Bluetooth headphones

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone 12 ProOperating Systemlatest public release iOS My Question or IssueSee title. Seems to be similar to the big where podcast episodes can’t be removed from My Episodes sometimes while connected to Bluetooth device.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone 12 Pro Operating System latest public release iOS   My Question or Issue See title. Seems to be similar to the big where podcast episodes can’t b...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] Time to finally fix the shuffle option.

Add on the playbutton :One click to shuffle one click to go back to normal play. It’s such a basic user friendly thing, I can’t believe it’s not been implemented.

• Add on the playbutton :One click to shuffle one click to go back to normal play. It’s such a basic user friendly thing, I can’t believe it’s not been implemented.
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution iPhone suggests home address in searchbar

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceiPhone 13Operating SystemiOS 15 My Question or IssueSince today I noticed that when I click on the search bar, my iPhone suggests that I can search for my home address. How’s that possible, it’s not a location field...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device iPhone 13 Operating System iOS 15   My Question or Issue Since today I noticed that when I click on the search bar, my iPhone suggests that I ca...
  • AlejaR
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs Randomly Change When In A Group Session

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFamily Plan (not the owner)CountryUSADeviceiPhone 13Operating SystemiOS 15.6.1 My issue is that every time my girlfriend and I c...

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Family Plan (not the owner) Country USA Device iPhone 13 Operating ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • group session bug
    iOS 15.6.1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant pick a specific song

I go to my playlist on my i phone 12 pro max and i cant pick a specific song from it, it has to be on shuffle and also when i go to search up a song i click play and it plays similar songs but not that song.

• Visitor
  • I go to my playlist on my i phone 12 pro max and i cant pick a specific song from it, it has to be on shuffle and also when i go to search up a song i click play and it plays similar songs but not th...
  • G-JGAMES
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't listen to all my downloaded songs

I have been having trouble playing my music offline for a while now. I can listen to some songs, oddly the recently downloaded ones, but not the rest. This does not happen with all my devices, on my iPad I can listen to all the songs and in very good...

• I have been having trouble playing my music offline for a while now. I can listen to some songs, oddly the recently downloaded ones, but not the rest.   This does not happen with all my device...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't find "Bete dej" podcast

CountrySweden DeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 15.6.1 My Question and Issue Why can't I listen to the "bete dej" podcast? I listened for 30 minutes yesterday but later in the evening I couldn't find it. I have searched on Spotify and I tried to fol...

•   Country Sweden   Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 15.6.1   My Question and Issue   Why can't I listen to the "bete dej" podcast? I listened for 30 minutes yester...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Couldn't open link

I live in South Korea and Spotify has been launched here recently. I want to listen to Joe Rogan Experience podcast. Here's the error “Spotify can't open this type of link on this device”. Quick and the full reinstallation of Spotify with restarting ...

• Visitor
  • I live in South Korea and Spotify has been launched here recently. I want to listen to Joe Rogan Experience podcast. Here's the error “Spotify can't open this type of link on this device”. Quick and ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle entire playlist

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHelp! I am a 60-year-old totally tech UN-savvy music lover who just wants to be able to shuff...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Help! I...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Phone died, spotify auto logged out, music deleted. Happens every time.

Plan:PremiumUsa, Delaware DeviceApple IPhone 11 Pro MaxOperating SystemLatest IOS Attempted solutions to fix the problem:Logging out and logging back indeleting Spotify and re downloading Spotifytrying Spotify betareseting all Spotify settingsclearin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Usa, Delaware   Device Apple IPhone 11 Pro Max Operating System Latest IOS  Attempted solutions to fix the problem: Logging out and logging back in deleting Spoti...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    devices
    iphone
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Adds Unwanted Songs to 'Liked Songs' List

Plan: PremiumCountry: United States of America Device: iPhone 6s PlusOperating System: iOS 13.3 My Question or IssueSpotify appears to be automatically adding songs to my "Liked Songs" list. I primarily use the "Liked Songs" list to stream music. I h...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: United States of America   Device: iPhone 6s Plus Operating System: iOS 13.3   My Question or Issue Spotify appears to be automatically adding s...
  • kenosull
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • adds songs
    liked songs
    unwanted
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify radio not working

PlanFree/PremiumCountryusaDeviceiphone 12Operating Systemios My Question or IssueWhen I click into go to radio from a song I get the error “this playlist has been deleted or hidden”

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country usa Device iphone 12 Operating System ios   My Question or Issue When I click into go to radio from a song I get the error “this playlist has been deleted or ...
  • OscarDC
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple Watch Download Probleme

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • dslonly
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume setting - How to difference between Spotify and sport apps

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 15.6.1 My Question or IssueHello,I often use Spotify to listen to fitness music albums (normally connected to Sonos, but not always) and start my workout with a fitness app on my iPhone.How do I m...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 15.6.1   My Question or Issue Hello, I often use Spotify to listen to fitness music albums (normally connected to Son...
  • Yordan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • difference
    sport
    volume
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution All of my playlists default to shuffle until I turn it off, even new playlists I create

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country Usa Device iPhone SE Operating System IOS 15.5 My Question or IssueI open my app one day, and all of a sudden ...

• Casual Listener
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country Usa Device iPhone SE Operating System IOS...
  • Agathocles76
  • 25 replies
  • 9 likes
  • iOS
    shuffle
  • 25 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!! Spotify has stopped working with Siri

PlanPremiumCountrySpain Device(iPhone 11 and IPad Pro)Operating SystemIOS 13.6 My Question or Issue When I ask Siri to reproduce a song or artist with Spotify I get a message In Spanish which means “In order to do that I have to access your data In S...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Spain   Device (iPhone 11 and IPad Pro) Operating System IOS 13.6   My Question or Issue   When I ask Siri to reproduce a song or artist with Spotify I...
  • kubyis
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop the music compression- Your killing my ears

Why are you (Spotify) still compressing the music ? I know Spotify claims they are not compressing the music if you disable the volume normalizer. Well disabling it does nothing to stop whatever compression method they are using. I was a premium memb...

• Regular
  • Why are you (Spotify) still compressing the music ? I know Spotify claims they are not compressing the music if you disable the volume normalizer. Well disabling it does nothing to stop whatever comp...
  • sansibar
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Streaming Notifications - Resend Please?!

PlanDuo PremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 13 Pro MaxOperating System(iOS) My Question or Issue I saw several other people with this issue in the comments of https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Top-1-of-listener-notification-led-to-nothing/m-...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Duo Premium Country USA Device iPhone 13 Pro Max Operating System (iOS)   My Question or Issue  I saw several other people with this issue in the comments of https://com...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Notifications
    stats
    streaming
    top %
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Only one local file playing on iPhone, but not the others?

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 12 miniOperating SystemiOS 15.6.1 / Windows 10 My Question or IssueA while ago, I was trying to sync local files to my iPhone (7 at the time, now 12) but I couldn't, and eventually forgot about it. Now, almost a y...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone 12 mini Operating System iOS 15.6.1 / Windows 10   My Question or Issue A while ago, I was trying to sync local files to my iPhone (7 at the t...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't remove a song from liked songs.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI accidentally liked a song from one of my local files playlists. Except, it wont remove from my liked songs. I deleted the p...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I accidentally liked a song from one of my local ...
  • endonio
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes