Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution SONOS speakers disappeared from Spotify

In Spotify, my SONOS speakers are no longer an option on any device; however, I can see Spotify within the SONOS apps (devices are below). I don't particularly like using the SONOS app, and would rather run Spotify with the options to use the SONOS s...

• Casual Listener
  • In Spotify, my SONOS speakers are no longer an option on any device; however, I can see Spotify within the SONOS apps (devices are below).  I don't particularly like using the SONOS app, and wou...
  • Vasil
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Facebook

Hello,I dont want facebook anymore, but when i deactivated it, i cant get in spotify anymore.. i tried everything that i could find on google, i removed the app from FB etc..I dont want to create a new account because i have to much musiclistsMy ques...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I dont want facebook anymore, but when i deactivated it, i cant get in spotify anymore.. i tried everything that i could find on google, i removed the app from FB etc.. I dont want to crea...
  • Yordan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution wrong song playing

PlanFreeCountryNew Zealand DeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS My Question or Issuespotify plays the wrong song when I try to play certain songs on mix playlists that I usually can choose what songs play and plays the wrong songs on normal shuffled pl...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country New Zealand  Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue spotify plays the wrong song when I try to play certain songs on mix playlists that I u...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to download Joe Rogan Experience only

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceIphone 13plusOperating SystemiOS 15.4.1Spotify Version: 8.7.30.1342My Question or IssueMy issue is that I am able to download any podcast except for The Joe Rogan Experience.I have cleared the cache, offloaded the app, dele...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device Iphone 13plus Operating System iOS 15.4.1 Spotify Version: 8.7.30.1342 My Question or Issue My issue is that I am able to download any podcast except ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution local music has a green arrow but is still greyed out and cannot listen to on phone

spotify has been working great for about a year untill about a month ago. My local file music which is all labeled correctly and by the all my playlists are set to online mode and available offline so that is not the issue has a green arrow under it ...

• Regular
  • spotify has been working great for about a year untill about a month ago. My local file music which is all labeled correctly and by the all my playlists are set to online mode and available offline s...
  • CarlosE
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sound bending with AirPods Pro

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiPhone 12 ProAirPods ProOperating SystemiOS 15.4 My Question or IssueSound is bending with AirPods Pro. This just started after the iOS 15.4 update. steps to reproduce:1. Enable spatial stereo audio.2. Toggle transparency m...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device iPhone 12 Pro AirPods Pro Operating System iOS 15.4   My Question or Issue Sound is bending with AirPods Pro. This just started after the iOS 15...
  • jgalvez2121
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No green arrow for available offline album

After the last update, Spotify no longer shows the green arrow icon on the available offline albuns. That's really grinding my gears in a big list of albuns.

IMG_2965.PNG IMG_2964.PNG
  • After the last update, Spotify no longer shows the green arrow icon on the available offline albuns.   That's really grinding my gears in a big list of albuns.   
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Where is the queue on iPad?

HelloNot sure is this a bug on the iPad version but where can the queue be located? I can add to it from iPad but I can't see it to rearrange as I can on the iPhone.

• Music Fan
  • Hello Not sure is this a bug on the iPad version but where can the queue be located? I can add to it from iPad but I can't see it to rearrange as I can on the iPhone.
  • NickLemmer
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Connect does not connect with Sonos

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone XS Operating System15.5My Question or Issue Unfortunately, there are currently always connection problems with Spotify Connect and the current variant of the app for iOS. I use a Sonos system with One SL and Roam...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone XS  Operating System 15.5 My Question or Issue   Unfortunately, there are currently always connection problems with Spotify Conn...
  • Meteorol11
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution (Bug report) Unable to create new playlist when connected to bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemLatest iOSMy Question or IssueIm unable to create a new playlist when I’m connected to my car’s Bluetooth. I haven’t tried it connected to any other Bluetooth like headphones, but when I click “add t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 8 Operating System Latest iOS My Question or Issue Im unable to create a new playlist when I’m connected to my car’s Bluetooth. I haven’t tried it conn...
  • Eni
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify is just not working

PlanPremiumCountryusaDeviceiphone 10 Operating SystemiOS My Question or Issuemy spotify isnt working- it wasnt letting me play anythinig even if it was downloaded, so I deleted the app and reinstalled it and now I cant log in, it keeps saying there w...

• Plan Premium Country usa Device iphone 10  Operating System iOS    My Question or Issue my spotify isnt working- it wasnt letting me play anythinig even if it was downloaded,...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution The playlist is shown different on IPhone compared with Ipad.

PlanFreeCountry The Netherlands Device(iPhone 13)Operating System(iOS 15.5) My Question or Issue.When opening a playlist the view is different on the IPhone as on the IPad. I can’t see the playlist in detail and are not able to start any track in the...

2C0221C5-64B2-464F-A7E7-137137319BE9.png 09884906-F79F-4833-9243-14DD1A94867D.jpeg DDDC8A0F-A2BD-4877-B921-A32D9B758334.jpeg
  • Visitor
  • Plan Free Country The Netherlands   Device (iPhone 13) Operating System (iOS 15.5)   My Question or Issue. When opening a playlist the view is different on the IPhone as on the IP...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • choose
    open
    view
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iPhone XR unable to search - just says 'Loading'

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 15.5 My Question or Issue Attempting to search or find item on playlist just stops with cycling white dots - text says "Loading" nothing happens. can clear cache after restart of phone, works onc...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 15.5   My Question or Issue   Attempting to search or find item on playlist just stops with cycling white dots ...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Wont stop shuffling music

I already emailed them but wanted to get community feedback if anyone else had a similar problem. I have Premium.I search for say Foo Fighters.I make sure to type in the full band name and hit search.Instead of selecting the band at the top i select ...

• Casual Listener
  • I already emailed them but wanted to get community feedback if anyone else had a similar problem. I have Premium. I search for say Foo Fighters. I make sure to type in the full band name and hit se...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Spotify plays through my FaceTime calls even when off

.PlanPremiumCountryUsa DeviceiPhone XROperating System(iOS 15 My Question or IssueWhen I am on a FaceTime call, if I was listening to music at any point that day the music will play over the call. The other person can’t hear the music, and I can’t he...

• Visitor
  • . Plan Premium Country Usa  Device iPhone XR Operating System (iOS 15   My Question or Issue When I am on a FaceTime call, if I was listening to music at any point that day the m...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS Application wont play songs in playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 12 Pro MaxOperating System(iOS 15.5) My Question or IssueWhen I create a radio station from a song, I am not able to play any of the songs from the playlist. When I tap on them, I see a "Not Playing" status...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 12 Pro Max Operating System (iOS 15.5)   My Question or Issue When I create a radio station from a song, I am not able to play any of t...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS App - Pause on bluetooth headphones not working

Device iPhone 13Operating System iOS 15.5, Hi, I've got Poly Backbeat 3150 bluetooth headphones. I have the most irritating problem with the Spotify iOS (iPhone 13) app. The button on the headphones works fine to start playing, but it does not work t...

• Regular
  • Device iPhone 13 Operating System iOS 15.5,   Hi, I've got Poly Backbeat 3150 bluetooth headphones. I have the most irritating problem with the Spotify iOS (iPhone 13) app. The butt...
  • OscarDC
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 6

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHello there. I need help I’ve got IPhone 6 and I can’t download Spotify app. It’s saying I sh...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hello...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Device Broadcast Status on iPad

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceiPad (6th generation)Operating SystemiPadOS 14.3 I'm using Spotify both on my Android phone and my iPad, and i have enabled the Device Broadcast Status on my Android so it can be shown on my Discord status. I have upd...

• Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device iPad (6th generation) Operating System iPadOS 14.3   I'm using Spotify both on my Android phone and my iPad, and i have enabled the Device Broadcas...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Other
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes