Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Any way to revert to the old Spotify UI (IOS)?

PlanPremium Operating SystemiOS My Question or Issue Is there any way I can restore the Spotify IOS app to the old/previous UI? The new/current UI makes navigating the library unnecessarily difficult, and the old version was much better for both musi...

• Plan Premium   Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue   Is there any way I can restore the Spotify IOS app to the old/previous UI? The new/current UI makes navigating the ...
  • idig-dyedhair
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution Playback issues since last update: iOS

PlanPremiumCountryCanada DeviceiPhone 7 PlusOperating SystemiOS 15.4.1My Question or Issue Since last update of Spotify version 8.7.21.1728 , playback of liked- historically liked- songs will stop playing and won’t play at all (different from the alr...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada   Device iPhone 7 Plus Operating System iOS 15.4.1 My Question or Issue   Since last update of Spotify version 8.7.21.1728 , playback of liked...
  • Eni
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Freezing in lyrics

 Hi guys!When I click flag,  like this.. freezing. So I can't anything.. PlanPremiumCountryUs DeviceiPhone 13 mini Operating SystemiOS15 My Question or Issue

5A95C38A-B251-49F6-92B4-D4F14E0DEF85.jpeg 46F6CA98-4559-44A5-BA68-C27E77E24B3A.png
  • Casual Listener
  •  Hi guys! When I click flag,    like this.. freezing.  So I can't anything..      Plan Premium Country Us   Device iPhone 13 mini   Operating S...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Certain “local files” not downloading

After many attempts these past few days, i’ve finally given up. For some odd reason, only certain local files (as seen in the picture) download, while others do not. I have no idea why this is happening. Yes, the local files source is on and I tried ...

• Casual Listener
  • After many attempts these past few days, i’ve finally given up. For some odd reason, only certain local files (as seen in the picture) download, while others do not. I have no idea why this is happen...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting my history music / podcast

PlanPremiumCountry: Netherlands DeviceIphone Xr Operating System(iOS 15 My Question or IssueHow can i delete my playing history?

• Plan Premium Country: Netherlands   Device Iphone Xr  Operating System (iOS 15   My Question or Issue How can i delete my playing history?
  • BroklynBaby
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Some Playlists not synching to iOS

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone 7 and SE2022 My Question or IssueI create a playlist on the desktop in Windows. A playlist appears in the app on iOS. It has no artwork and when I open it there are no songs. Help appreciated, Thank you.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone 7 and SE2022   My Question or Issue I create a playlist on the desktop in Windows. A playlist appears in the app on iOS. It has no artwork and when ...
  • AlejaR
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Album radio randomly starts playing midway through an album playing in order

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 15.5 My Question or IssueOccasionally while playing an album in order (from start to finish), the album’s radio will begin playing after the third or fourth song.

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 15.5   My Question or Issue Occasionally while playing an album in order (from start to finish), the album’s radio wil...
  • AlejaR
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Music slows down when put into noise cancellation

This just started after I got my AirPods Pro replaced. Ever time I put my AirPods Pro into noise cancellation mode or transparency mode it slows my music down for a couple seconds then speeds up for a couple seconds trying to play where it left off. ...

• Regular
  • This just started after I got my AirPods Pro replaced. Ever time I put my AirPods Pro into noise cancellation mode or transparency mode it slows my music down for a couple seconds  then speeds u...
  • AlejaR
  • 17 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Your Library] Stop pushing content down when downloading songs to device

Whenever I have a large number of songs downloading to my phone the top of the screen expands every time a new song begins to download. This causes all the content to move up and down, making it difficult to tap/select something on the screen accurat...

• Whenever I have a large number of songs downloading to my phone the top of the screen expands every time a new song begins to download.    This causes all the content to move up and down,...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Your Library
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My camera is not scanning the code. I do have the camera icon.

On my iPhone 8plus, I want to scan a code. I have the camera icon available, and I get the notification with the scan button, once I hit Scan, nothing happens. How do I fix this? No update is available.

• On my iPhone 8plus, I want to scan a code. I have the camera icon available, and I get the notification with the scan button, once I hit Scan, nothing happens.    How do I fix this? ...
  • Johnbud
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t log in on iPhone

Premium PlanUSAiPhone 12 ProiOS 15.5 I’m able to log into Spotify on desktop app, but not on my phone. I have tried logging in both using Facebook log in AND with username/password, and I get an error for both approaches. I uninstalled and re-install...

• Visitor
  • Premium Plan USA iPhone 12 Pro iOS 15.5   I’m able to log into Spotify on desktop app, but not on my phone. I have tried logging in both using Facebook log in AND with username/password, an...
  • Andrews84116
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution When i switch apps, music stops temporarily, as if buffering.

I'm on an iPhone seven, premium account. Everytime i switch apps or turn off my phone, the music stops for almost a full second, then plays again as if it's buffering. I'm thinking it has something to do with me playing at very high quality but i'm n...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on an iPhone seven, premium account. Everytime i switch apps or turn off my phone, the music stops for almost a full second, then plays again as if it's buffering. I'm thinking it has something t...
  • jewmaz
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast not playing on Apple TV

Hello team,For quite some time now, it’s been very difficult to listen to podcast on Apple TV. Have you aware of the issue? I am running TV OS 15.6 and Spotify 2.197.I first though the issue appeared when playing using Spotify Connect to my Apple TV,...

• Composer
  • Hello team, For quite some time now, it’s been very difficult to listen to podcast on Apple TV. Have you aware of the issue?   I am running TV OS 15.6  and Spotify 2.197. I first thoug...
  • AlejaR
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • apple TV
    podcast
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Questions regarding the mobile app - iPhone 7

1. is there a way to shuffle only the songs of a single artist/band from one of my playlists while on the mobile app? or is this only possible on a computer? on a computer, you can type in an artist/band in the search bar of a playlist and shuffle th...

• Casual Listener
  • 1. is there a way to shuffle only the songs of a single artist/band from one of my playlists while on the mobile app? or is this only possible on a computer? on a computer, you can type in an artist/...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I add songs to the main library? and how to shuffle all songs?

It's really annoying to add each song to a playlist. How can I just add it? There's a download on top of albums but it will download all songs and I need only one. There's no plus sign next to each songs like Apple Music, that would've saved a lot of...

• Visitor
  • It's really annoying to add each song to a playlist. How can I just add it? There's a download on top of albums but it will download all songs and I need only one. There's no plus sign next to each s...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify plays songs even when its closed.

Sometimes I go to readjust my AirPods which activates the touch button on it. This would be okay and not a problem but it is because Spotify keeps playing the songs as if I'm on the app. The touch button means play/stop so it plays the songs, but I d...

• Casual Listener
  • Sometimes I go to readjust my AirPods which activates the touch button on it. This would be okay and not a problem but it is because Spotify keeps playing the songs as if I'm on the app. The touch bu...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Why aren't downloaded albums playable on poor WIFI/4G networks?

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 15.5 My Question or IssueI work on an offshore oil rig far from any cellular network so rely on WiFi only. The internet isn't the greatest for all onboard to start with but I can't understand wh...

• Plan Premium Country UK   Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 15.5   My Question or Issue I work on an offshore oil rig far from any cellular network so rely on WiFi only. The ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution TouchTunes cannot connect to Spotify (error page)

When trying to connect Spotify with my TouchTunes app account, the Spotify website comes up with an error page and is then stuck on it. I’ve tried connecting/logging in to Spotify both via email and through Facebook but I’m taken to the same error pa...

• Casual Listener
  • When trying to connect Spotify with my TouchTunes app account, the Spotify website comes up with an error page and is then stuck on it.   I’ve tried connecting/logging in to Spotify both via e...
  • rocco165
  • Visitor
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution liked songs not playing

PlanPremiumCountryUnited Kingdom DeviceiPhone 8 Operating Systemios 14 My Question or Issuei have 10 000 + songs in my “liked songs” and i can not play them directly / even use shuffle play. i’m not sure why, maybe cause my library is too large? idk ...

•   Plan Premium Country United Kingdom  Device iPhone 8  Operating System ios 14   My Question or Issue i have 10 000 + songs in my “liked songs” and i can not play them...
  • Eni
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution CANVAS MENU WON'T SHOW ON MY IPOHNE

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceIphone XOperating SystemiOS 15.6 My Question or Issuemy canvas menu won't show on my Spotify account please check i already link my Spotify account with my Spotify artist.

• Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device Iphone X Operating System iOS 15.6   My Question or Issue my canvas menu won't show on my Spotify account please check i already link my Spotify a...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes