Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Why does the cover art for my local files load on pc but not on my phone?

This has never been an issue until a few days ago, when I downloaded a few songs to local file into spotify. The songs looked like they were working fine but when I added them to my playlist and downloaded them onto my phone, they had no cover art, d...

• This has never been an issue until a few days ago, when I downloaded a few songs to local file into spotify. The songs looked like they were working fine but when I added them to my playlist and down...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Play on Spotify button is missing on Instagram story

Hello, Apparently this was a common issue which was solved before, but I’m still having problems. When I try to share a song on Instagram, only the album cover appears. The link of the song and “Play on Spotify” button at the top is not seen. Can you...

• Hello,   Apparently this was a common issue which was solved before, but I’m still having problems. When I try to share a song on Instagram, only the album cover appears. The link of the song ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Seeing iPhone on Spotify list of devices

Recently upgraded to iPhone 13. Spotify app works fine on the phone however Alexa does not show up on the iPhone Spotify device list so I cannot play Spotify from my phone onto my Alexa speaker. What are my doing wrong? The Alexa showed up on my old ...

list.jpg
  • Recently upgraded to iPhone 13. Spotify app works fine on the phone however Alexa does not show up on the iPhone Spotify device list so I cannot play Spotify from my phone onto my Alexa speaker.&nbsp...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Carplay only works with Cellular Data on

Plan PremiumCountryUSDevice(iPhone X)Operating System(iOS 15.5) My Question or IssueSpotify no longer works with the Apple Carplay. It will not play when plugged in with cable. When not using Carplay and going through Bluetooth option it will show Sp...

• Plan  Premium Country US Device (iPhone X) Operating System (iOS 15.5)   My Question or Issue Spotify no longer works with the Apple Carplay. It will not play when plugged in with...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Searching for a podcast breaks currently playing playlist

This is a problem I’ve been having on the iOS version of Spotify since the big changes last year.If I search for a podcast while listening to a playlist, the latest episode of that podcast will start playing at the end of the song that’s currently pl...

• Regular
  • This is a problem I’ve been having on the iOS version of Spotify since the big changes last year. If I search for a podcast while listening to a playlist, the latest episode of that podcast will s...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts won’t play

Podcasts won’t play they just buffer. Songs are playing fine. I’m using WiFi which is working fine. Tried downloading them first they download fine but then still won’t play. Plenty of storage left, cleared the cache too but still no luck. Premium ac...

• Visitor
  • Podcasts won’t play they just buffer. Songs are playing fine. I’m using WiFi which is working fine. Tried downloading them first they download fine but then still won’t play. Plenty of storage left, ...
  • Yordan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Stops playing after 9 seconds and trouble loading podcasts & playlist.

I am having problems with music that stops playing 9/10 seconds in along with loading podcast along with playlists. Tried on both data and WiFi. I did the app reinstall and cleared cache still no lock. I am using an iPhone 12 with the app all up to d...

• I am having problems with music that stops playing 9/10 seconds in along with loading podcast along with playlists. Tried on both data and WiFi. I did the app reinstall and cleared cache still no loc...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium user - spotify only playing part of a song

premium familyIphone 6s My Question or Issue spotify has started only playing part of songs on both shuffle and normal play before it skips to the next song. Very annoying.Is there a way to fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • premium family Iphone 6s   My Question or Issue   spotify has started only playing part of songs on both shuffle and normal play before it skips to the next song.  Very annoying. ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Merch notification won't stop popping up on Premium

Spotify asked me to fill out a merchandise survey. It asked me questions like "Have you seen band merchandise recommendations?" I answered no, because honestly I don't really care for band merch. I thought I was doing Spotify a favor by giving my opi...

• Spotify asked me to fill out a merchandise survey. It asked me questions like "Have you seen band merchandise recommendations?" I answered no, because honestly I don't really care for band merch. I t...
  • phantomwizard
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

The color behind an album cover is a darker shade than normal

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 13 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 15.5 My Question or IssueTypically when opening the app the color behind album art is a darker shade than it normally is until tapping and holding the cover art as if to share ...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 13 Pro Max Operating System iOS 15.5   My Question or Issue Typically when opening the app the color behind album art is a darker shade...
  • Dukes898
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Unable to play or download Episodes from a specific Podcast across multiple devices

PlanPremium CountryUK DeviceiPhone 12 mini / iPad 7th Gen Operating SystemiOS 15.2 My Question or IssueI am unable to play or download episodes from a specific podcast (Guardian Football Weekly). When I select 'Play' on an episode, nothing happens. W...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Country UK   Device iPhone 12 mini / iPad 7th Gen   Operating System iOS 15.2   My Question or Issue I am unable to play or download episodes from a sp...
  • Eni
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • apple
    iOS 15
    unable
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't delete or take off songs in my playlist on my iphone

So i just installed spotify, created a playlist, and added my own songs. While I was adding songs i accidentally added two of the same song. So I did what I had done with my android phone. I clicked on the three dots next to the song, scrolled down, ...

• So i just installed spotify, created a playlist, and added my own songs. While I was adding songs i accidentally added two of the same song. So I did what I had done with my android phone. I clicked ...
  • Vasil
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay not working on iPhone XR

Hi, I have been facing issues with autoplay on my iPhone. Me and my wife both share a premium plan and both have been facing this issue.I have cleared cache, redownloaded the app, have restarted my device. Nothing have solved this permanently. Autopl...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I have been facing issues with autoplay on my iPhone. Me and my wife both share a premium plan and both have been facing this issue. I have cleared cache, redownloaded the app, have restarted my...
  • carlito143
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Harman Kardon Aura Plus can't connect to "Spotify Connect"

I've been having issue with connecting the speaker to play "Spotify Connect". It's used to work fine before but now it won't connect. when I choose the speaker in the device list on Spotify desktop(Windows 10) or even iPad, it keeps pending said "Con...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been having issue with connecting the speaker to play "Spotify Connect". It's used to work fine before but now it won't connect. when I choose the speaker in the device list on Spotify desktop(W...
  • OggyBugs
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Alternatives?

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPadOperating SystemiOS My Question or IssueDoes anyone recommend another music service to use? We are lucky if we can string a few songs together without an issue. Constantly, pausing and playing, closing and opening app, r...

• Plan Premium Country US Device iPad Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue Does anyone recommend another music service to use?  We are lucky if we can string a few songs toge...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Instantly removed from group sessions

PlanStudent PremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone XR AND Web PlayerOperating SystemiOS 15.5 My Question or IssueI can't join or create group sessions. Clicking on the join link changes nothing about my spotify player, and when I try to pause/play/skip it says...

• Plan Student Premium Country UK Device iPhone XR AND Web Player Operating System iOS 15.5   My Question or Issue I can't join or create group sessions. Clicking on the join link change...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] [Playlists] Grouping of Liked Songs By Album

I suggest adding an easy way/button to group your tracks in the “liked songs” list by album. Oftentimes I will listen to an album over the span of several day, with other music interspersed, and therefore my liked songs list will have several songs f...

• I suggest adding an easy way/button to group your tracks in the “liked songs” list by album. Oftentimes I will listen to an album over the span of several day, with other music interspersed, and ther...
  • Arthur33
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution BMW Bluetooth metadata not updating after first song

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.6Spotify version 8.6.40.1248My Question or IssueSpotify song metadata does not update on BMW when playing over Bluetooth. Usually, the first song information (image, title, duration, and queue...

• Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.6 Spotify version 8.6.40.1248 My Question or Issue Spotify song metadata does not update on BMW when playing over Bluetooth....
  • Cleh19
  • Visitor
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can’t turn it off

I can’t turn off Spotify on my phone. It just keeps playing and playing. Even if you hit pause. The app never closes and there is always a song open. And it will randomly start playing. This happens when I use my phone with wired earphones. Apple no ...

• Regular
  • I can’t turn off Spotify on my phone. It just keeps playing and playing. Even if you hit pause. The app never closes and there is always a song open. And it will randomly start playing.   This...
  • Eni
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

How to install Spotify on iOS 10.3.3

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceiPhone 5COperating SystemiOS 10.3.3My Question or IssueI have an old (I know) iPhone 5C and I'd like how to install Spotify on it. I use this device just for 2 purposes: Spotify and Strava. Also I'd like to know WHY Spot...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device iPhone 5C Operating System iOS 10.3.3 My Question or Issue I have an old (I know) iPhone 5C and I'd like how to install Spotify on it. I use this device ju...
  • carambolage
  • 1 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 20 likes