Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently Played Artists

Spotify,You recently removed the feature "Recently Played Artists" from friends' public pages and I request that you add it back on. This was a popular feature that helped me to discover new music that my friends were listening to. It was optional be...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify, You recently removed the feature "Recently Played Artists" from friends' public pages and I request that you add it back on. This was a popular feature that helped me to discover new m...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution error in settings "Couldn't Open Link - The link you tried to open appeared to be a Spotify link, bu

plan: premiumcountry: USdevice: iphone 7OS: latestSpotify version: latestmy question or issue: whenever I try opening an option in the settings, it gives me this error "Couldn't Open Link - The link you tried to open appeared to be a Spotify link, bu...

• Visitor
  • plan: premium country: US device: iphone 7 OS: latest Spotify version: latest my question or issue: whenever I try opening an option in the settings, it gives me this error "Couldn't Open Link -...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Lyrics still not showing

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPad and iPhone Operating SystemLatest on both devices My Question or IssueEveryone seems to have the new lyrics feature but my current account doesn't. I made a new account and then it had the feature on both my phon...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPad and iPhone  Operating System Latest on both devices   My Question or Issue Everyone seems to have the new lyrics feature but my current ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to Play Certain Podcasts

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 13 ProOperating System iOS 15.5 My Question or IssueCertain podcasts, such as “Pride of Detroit: for Detroit Lions fans” refuse to play at all. I’ll select an episode and hit play but the progress bar will ...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 13 Pro Operating System  iOS 15.5   My Question or Issue Certain podcasts, such as “Pride of Detroit: for Detroit Lions fans” ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist name gone every time (Takedown Notification)

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceIphone11 , Dekstop PCOperating System(iOS, Windows) My Question or Issue:Every time I put in a title for my playlist its gone after a few minutes/hrs, the name is "NIGHTDRIVE RAP" but it happens with every other name as...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Iphone11 , Dekstop PC Operating System (iOS, Windows)   My Question or Issue: Every time I put in a title for my playlist its gone after a few minut...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

New feature in the app

Hey, This isn’t a problem i need help with, but is a suggestion. I think that would be great to have more freedom to organize the playlists in spotify, like being able to create different pastes/segments and not leaving all the playlist gather togeth...

• Visitor
  • Hey,  This isn’t a problem i need help with, but is a suggestion. I think that would be great to have more freedom to organize the playlists in spotify, like being able to create different past...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I add all songs of an artist to a playlist?

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 8 My Question or IssueAll I can find is that you have to add each album individually, but there should be an easier way right? Dinar Detectives

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country USA Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 8   My Question or Issue All I can find is that you have to add each album individually, but there should be an easier way ri...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Al cabo de 1 minuto se para

Hola, hace unos dias que no puedo utilizar el Spotify con normalidad desde mi Iphone. El problema es que al cabo de un minuto y medio deja de funcionar, la cancion se pone en modo pausa y hasta al cabo de un rato no puedo a volver a escuchar ninguna ...

• Hola, hace unos dias que no puedo utilizar el Spotify con normalidad desde mi Iphone. El problema es que al cabo de un minuto y medio deja de funcionar, la cancion se pone en modo pausa y hasta al ca...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Sharing a song via text message option no longer an option.

PlanPremium CountryThe U.S. DeviceiPhone 13 ProOperating SystemIOS 15.5 When selecting the share button I no longer see the option to share via text message if this feature made it easy to share music with friends. if this feature was removed please ...

IMG_4FCD2BD1AC51-1.jpeg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium  Country The U.S.   Device iPhone 13 Pro Operating System IOS 15.5   When selecting the share button I no longer see the option to share via text message if this...
  • Deseree
  • Visitor
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Not starting radio at first song

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 13 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 15.5 My Question or IssueI’m having trouble starting a radio. I go to press play on the first song and it won’t start. It will start if I press shuffle or if I go to an album o...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 13 Pro Max Operating System iOS 15.5   My Question or Issue I’m having trouble starting a radio. I go to press play on the first song a...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS]Spotify says pairing successful, but Apple TV is still stuck on activation code screen.

Hello. After my spotify app wouldn't load up, I uninstalled it restarted my apple tv, then reinstalled the spotify app. It directed me to go to spotify.com/pair. I logged in, input the code, and received a message saying pairing was successful you ca...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. After my spotify app wouldn't load up, I uninstalled it restarted my apple tv, then reinstalled the spotify app. It directed me to go to spotify.com/pair. I logged in, input the code, and rece...
  • E26than
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Connect
    iOS
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast Keeps Playing the Same Previously Played Podcast When Finished

On Spotify Premium/StudentUnited States iPhone 7 PlusiOS 12.2 I've been listening to the RadioLab podcast quite a bit, and want to continue on with the episodes. Except every single time one episode ends, it goes right back to the same exact one I've...

• On Spotify Premium/Student United States   iPhone 7 Plus iOS 12.2   I've been listening to the RadioLab podcast quite a bit, and want to continue on with the episodes. Except every si...
  • ScarletPanduh
  • 6 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t login

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceiPhone 13 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 15.1 My Question or IssueI can’t login in to the Spotify app, I’ve tried to make a new account and still can’t login

• Plan Premium Country Australia  Device iPhone 13 Pro Max Operating System iOS 15.1   My Question or Issue I can’t login in to the Spotify app, I’ve tried to make a new account and...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 18 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Getting Error in App Store

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOs 12.5.5 My IssueHello. I recently bought an Iphone 6 device. But the error I received when I tried to install the Spotify application : It can install iOS 13.0 and above. Is there any solving/d...

• Plan Premium Country Turkey Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOs 12.5.5   My Issue Hello. I recently bought an Iphone 6 device. But the error I received when I tried to install the Spo...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Do not play artist/song

Plan: PremiumCountry: CanadaDevice: iPhone 6sOperating System: iOS 10 My Question or IssueI thought I had seen a "do not play" for songs or artists not so long ago and now I can't find it. Is it gone? Can we bring it back?

• Plan: Premium Country: Canada Device: iPhone 6s Operating System: iOS 10   My Question or Issue I thought I had seen a "do not play" for songs or artists not so long ago and...
  • Amorede
  • Visitor
  • 18 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Overlapping Podcasts playing at the same time

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 15.4.1 My Question or IssueWhen listening to podcasts lately I have had an overlapping of another unrelated (not on my playlists) podcast playing in the background at the same time. The current...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 15.4.1   My Question or Issue When listening to podcasts lately I have had an overlapping of another unrelated (n...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Inconsistent placement of "like" button in album radio on iOS

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS 15.5 If I'm listening to a song from my library and pull up the "now playing" view on my iPhone, the "like" button is placed above the track progress bar, to the right of the title.But if I ...

IMG_4292.jpg IMG_4293.jpg
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone XS Max Operating System iOS 15.5   If I'm listening to a song from my library and pull up the "now playing" view on my iPhone, the "like" button i...
  • AndresM
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution "Find in playlist" feature doesn't play filtered down playlist on iOS

Plan -PremiumCountry - USA Device - iPhone 13 miniOperating System - iOS 15.5 On iOS, when you filter a playlist using "Find in playlist" and start playing one of the songs, you're still playing the full playlist, ie the rest of the songs that get qu...

• Roadie
  •   Plan -Premium Country - USA   Device - iPhone 13 mini Operating System - iOS 15.5   On iOS, when you filter a playlist using "Find in playlist" and start playing one of the so...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bugs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution i can't edit my playlist

PlanPremium (Family Plan)CountryUSA DeviceIPhone 11Operating SystemIOS 15 matter how hard i try i can't edit my playlist unless i power-off my phone. and even then it only works for so long. i cleaned installed the app (6 times), i've logged out and ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium (Family Plan) Country USA   Device IPhone 11 Operating System IOS 15   matter how hard i try i can't edit my playlist unless i power-off my phone. and even then it on...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can not install Spotify again on my older still very good

Why o why can’t I install Spotify again to my older but still perfectly running iPad mini. It askes for 13 but last update is 12.4 I can not update anymore. Spotify should make versions that run on this. Now I have to delete my Spotify account . Back...

• Why o why can’t I install Spotify again to my older but still perfectly running iPad mini. It askes for 13 but last update is 12.4 I can not update anymore.  Spotify should make versions that r...
  • AndresM
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes