Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Safari won't load webplayer

PlanFree DeviceipodOperating SystemiOS 12.5.5, Safari 12 Safari on my ipod won't load webplayer. The help menu says you need Safari 11. I have Safari 12. There aren't any restrictions that would restrict access

• Visitor
  • Plan Free   Device ipod Operating System iOS 12.5.5, Safari 12   Safari on my ipod won't load webplayer. The help menu says you need Safari 11. I have Safari 12. There aren't any re...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify displays 'connecting message' on 4G

Info:PlanStudent SubscriptionCountry AustraliaDeviceIphone 6 plusOperating System(iOS 10 the most up to date version) My Question or Issue ok, ive had this problem for about 2 months now and i have contacted bth spotify and my provider (optus) and th...

• Info: Plan Student Subscription Country  Australia Device Iphone 6 plus Operating System (iOS 10 the most up to date version)   My Question or Issue  ok, ive had this proble...
  • kaox2d
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Re download app

I removed the app from my iPhone to try to solve a different problem and now I can’t get the app to show on the phone screen. I can only access my Spotify app in the App Store. Any ideas?

• Visitor
  • I removed the app from my iPhone to try to solve a different problem and now I can’t get the app to show on the phone screen. I can only access my Spotify app in the App Store. Any ideas?
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't sync my local files.

PlanPremiumCountryEstoniaDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a playlist of local files and even though I have it downloaded on both my computer and iPhone and I have enabled local files on both of the devices as well, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Estonia Device iPhone 8 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a playlist of local files and even though I have it downloaded on both my compute...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recommendations not correct.

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDevice(iPhone SE 2)Operating System(Newest iOS.) My Question or Issue Hi Spotify team I listen to a lot of K-Pop but lately Spotify has been recommending Rock songs wich is weird cuz my whole playlist is K-Pop and 2 days ago ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Belgium Device (iPhone SE 2) Operating System (Newest iOS.)   My Question or Issue   Hi Spotify team   I listen to a lot of K-Pop but lately Spotify h...
  • Eni
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Radio playback starts if track is paused in last few seconds

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS 15.4.1 My Question or IssueI've noticed a few times that if I pause a track in the middle of album playback in the last few seconds, the app will pause it, then start a new album r...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone XS Max Operating System iOS 15.4.1   My Question or Issue I've noticed a few times that if I pause a track in the middle of album playb...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution When I pause a song, the cursor jumps to an earlier part in the song

If I pause a song, the cursor jumps to an earlier part in the song. Sometimes all the way back to the beginning. But then when I hit play it is playing it from the right part of the song. So I may be 2 minutes into the song, hit pause, the cursor wil...

• Casual Listener
  • If I pause a song, the cursor jumps to an earlier part in the song. Sometimes all the way back to the beginning. But then when I hit play it is playing it from the right part of the song. So I may be...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution How to connect Spotify to a Discord server?

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHi guys, I was wondering whether there was any way to connect Spotify to a discord server, so that when I play music from the Spotify app it will play for everyone in...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Hi guys, I was wondering whether there was any way to connect Spotify to a discord server,...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Other] Wrong/unsynced lyrics feedback

I have trouble with lyrics out of sync everyday. There should be a way for me to report lyrics with wrog/missing parts or simply out of sync.

• Casual Listener
  • I have trouble with lyrics out of sync everyday. There should be a way for me to report lyrics with wrog/missing parts or simply out of sync.
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution How to stop pop ups

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issueevery time I connect to my Google speakers I get this pop up. I have premium account, I don’t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue every t...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Change Blend Playlist Name Not Happening in iPad

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceiPad Mini 5th GenOperating SystemiPad OS 15.4.1 My Question or IssueRecently, a new feature has been added that lets us change the name of our blend playlists. But for my iPad, when I click on the 'Edit Name' option, it does...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country India Device iPad Mini 5th Gen Operating System iPad OS 15.4.1   My Question or Issue Recently, a new feature has been added that lets us change the name of our blend...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why do I have this symbol beside some music on my playlist

Spotify keeps adding songs to my playlist with this green box and 2 diamond like images. They also have a plus and minus symbol with them, but when I minus them, other songs appear

• Spotify keeps adding songs to my playlist with this green box and 2 diamond like images. They also have a plus and minus symbol with them, but when I minus them, other songs appear
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Login fails on iPad 4th Generation iOS 10.3.3

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevice(iPad 4, 32gb, 2012)Operating SystemiOS 10.3.3 Hi there,I just got an old iPad 4 from my father. Specs above. I'm able to install an older, officially working version of spotify but everytime I want to log in it says "s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device (iPad 4, 32gb, 2012) Operating System iOS 10.3.3   Hi there, I just got an old iPad 4 from my father. Specs above. I'm able to install an older, off...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify freezes when I open the app or switch back to it after iOS upgrade

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueSpotify freezes when I open the app or switch back to it.It has been happening since I upgraded iOS to the newest version.Spotify had worked fine before the upgrade.I haven't notic...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue Spotify freezes when I open the app or switch back to it. It has been happening since I upgraded iOS...
  • CarlosE
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My local files from desktop won't download on iphone

I have been setting up local files for a while but now all of a sudden i added a new one and then added it to a separate playlist and it won't download despite that playlist having downloaded the others.I tried to undownload then redownload the playl...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been setting up local files for a while but now all of a sudden i added a new one and then added it to a separate playlist and it won't download despite that playlist having downloaded the oth...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Strange line on lyric screen

Premium, South Korea DeviceiPhone 13 Operating SystemiOS 15.4.1 My Question or IssueStrange green line on the lyric screen

• Premium, South Korea   Device iPhone 13  Operating System iOS 15.4.1   My Question or Issue Strange green line on the lyric screen
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

unlinking my student premium account

Student PremiumUnited States DeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 15.2.1 I was having issues with autoplay (when streaming a song it would play through and not autoplay, I tried a clean reinstall on all devices) on my current account and opting into ma...

• Regular
  •   Student Premium United States   Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 15.2.1   I was having issues with autoplay (when streaming a song it would play through and not autopla...
  • Kristina345
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • autoplay
    plans
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Too much difficulty for bug submission

You have made the process to report an issue way too difficult. From what I can tell, you have to log in to the web browser (instead of for example being able to submit a bug from your phone, or have a hyperlink from your phone), search for help, par...

• Casual Listener
  • You have made the process to report an issue way too difficult. From what I can tell, you have to log in to the web browser (instead of for example being able to submit a bug from your phone, or have...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New UI search is broken for artists

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 13 ProOperating SystemiOS 15.4.1 My Question or Issue When searching for any artist in the nav bar and then going to that artist landing page - the landing page no longer contains the artists top singles, discograph...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device iPhone 13 Pro Operating System iOS 15.4.1   My Question or Issue   When searching for any artist in the nav bar and then going to that art...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist cover art not updating when sharing to Instagram Stories

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone X My Question or IssueWhen sharing to Instagram Stories, the 4-album grid cover for a playlist is not being updated to reflect the newest songs added.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device iPhone X   My Question or Issue When sharing to Instagram Stories, the 4-album grid cover for a playlist is not being updated to reflect the newest ...
  • ponce_musica
  • 10 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 19 likes