Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Discover] Discover Section Disappeared

The main edge Spotify has on Apple Music now appears to have been removed - the “Discover” section no longer lists “similar to” artist + albums…As a Spotify user for 10 years, this has me reconsidering my alliance. Please fix this by adding back (and...

• Visitor
  • The main edge Spotify has on Apple Music now appears to have been removed - the “Discover” section no longer lists “similar to” artist + albums… As a Spotify user for 10 years, this has me reconside...
  • juliomariutti
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t turn off videos when shared to Instagram

Plan PremiumCountry USDevice iPhone 12Operating System iOS 15.3.1 I’ve turned off Canvas in the settings but sometimes when I try to share a song to my Instagram story it plays a looping video in the background and I can’t get rid of it. It’s not all...

•   Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 15.3.1   I’ve turned off Canvas in the settings but sometimes when I try to share a song to my Instagram...
  • Eni
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app shows different song playing from what's playing via Connect

NOTE: This isn't specific to iOS, as the desktop app has the same issue. It seems to be an issue with Connect rather. When I'm playing a shuffled playlist, radio, or Daily Mix to a Spotify Connect device (Audiocast dongle), at some point, the apps (p...

• Visitor
  • NOTE: This isn't specific to iOS, as the desktop app has the same issue. It seems to be an issue with Connect rather.   When I'm playing a shuffled playlist, radio, or Daily Mix to a Spotify C...
  • Espor
  • Visitor
  • 22 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify won’t let me see my songs

Spoiler (Highlight to read)  PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS My Question or IssueMy Spotify playlist won’t let me see my songs and I don’t know why or how to stop it please help. I attached a picture for reference

60AD22AC-F7E1-40D6-A15C-38C3A6909697.png
  •     Plan Free Country United States Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue My Spotify playlist won’t let me see my songs and I don’t know why or how to...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files wont appear on Iphone

PlanPremium StudentCountryUSADeviceIphone XSOperating SystemIOS 13.3 My Question or IssueIve enabled local files on spotify on my computer. Ive added them to a playlist. Im on the same local internet.I have also tried connecting to my phones hotspot....

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Student Country USA Device Iphone XS Operating System IOS 13.3   My Question or Issue Ive enabled local files on spotify on my computer. Ive added them to a playlist. Im o...
  • yxngjee
  • Casual Listener
  • 53 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 53 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Musicas são baixadas todas vez que entro no app

Toda vez que entro no Spotify pelo aplicativo no ios as músicas já baixadas no dispositivo são baixam novamente, caso não faça isso eu não consigo ouvir as musicas offline. Porque disso?PlanPremiumCountryBrasilDeviceiPhone 8 PlusOperating SystemiOS 1...

• Casual Listener
  • Toda vez que entro no Spotify pelo aplicativo no ios as músicas já baixadas no dispositivo são baixam novamente, caso não faça isso eu não consigo ouvir as musicas offline. Porque disso? Plan Premi...
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I cant login with ipad.

I moved to Germany 1.5 years ago. But for the first time I'm having trouble entering spotify with ipad. I'm typing a username and password. The app doesn't show any reaction. But if I misspelled it says it's wrong. I receive a passwordless login emai...

• I moved to Germany 1.5 years ago. But for the first time I'm having trouble entering spotify with ipad. I'm typing a username and password. The app doesn't show any reaction. But if I misspelled it s...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution volume changing between iOS and desktop

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiphone se (2020), desktop pcOperating SystemiOS 14, Windows 10 I listen to music on my iphone and pc. I like my volume at max on my pc, as i have an external mixer, however i like my volume at a low level when using headphon...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device iphone se (2020), desktop pc Operating System iOS 14, Windows 10   I listen to music on my iphone and pc. I like my volume at max on my pc, as i have an e...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [bug] carplay non touch screen

PlanPremiumCountryUsaDevice(iPhone 13 pro max)Operating SystemIos15My Question or IssueI have a car that has a non touch display and a knob instead to control everything. my issue is randomly the selection will stick at the top navigation bar and not...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Usa Device (iPhone 13 pro max) Operating System Ios15 My Question or Issue I have a car that has a non touch display and a knob instead to control everything.   m...
  • karam99
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Bad Hide Song Functionality

Hi there, I've never been on this forum but have to comment on Spotify's latest update. As a Human Factors Professional, I am disappointed by the idea to put 'Hide Song' at the top of the options when you click the additional options area of a song. ...

• Visitor
  • Hi there, I've never been on this forum but have to comment on Spotify's latest update.   As a Human Factors Professional, I am disappointed by the idea to put 'Hide Song' at the top of the op...
  • Shane_McMahon
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 43 likes
  • UI
    UI Upgrade Sucks
    usability
    UX
  • 10 replies
  • 43 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app not opening

PlanFamily PremiumCountryEnglandDeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemNot sure - do still need to update My Question or IssueThe spotify app does not have its normal logo on my homescreen, but it has a white background with grey lines on. When i click on the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family Premium Country England Device iPhone 6 Operating System Not sure - do still need to update   My Question or Issue The spotify app does not have its normal logo on my homes...
  • OscarDC
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Login after resetting password

Hello... I’m trying to log in but keep getting the same answer “login failed”. I have now tried to reset my password about 7-8 times without any luck of logging in, by pressing the “forgot my password” option. I’m running out of password possibilitie...

• Hello...  I’m trying to log in but keep getting the same answer “login failed”. I have now tried to reset my password about 7-8 times without any luck of logging in, by pressing the “forgot my ...
  • OscarDC
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Password trouble
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium dou account problem

Hey I have the premium dou plan for me and my gf yesterday when Spotify had a problem in the app both account in my phone and my gf phone has been logged out and today when I sent her new link to join the plan it doesn’t open her a new account in her...

• Hey I have the premium dou plan for me and my gf yesterday when Spotify had a problem in the app both account in my phone and my gf phone has been logged out and today when I sent her new link to joi...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to login on iPhone - Login on iMac works

PremiumUSiPhone 11iOS My Question or IssueI can login on my desktop iMac with my email/username and Spotify password, but I cannot do so on my iPhone. I simply get returned to the login screen when I try to do so. If I try the "login without password...

• Premium US iPhone 11 iOS    My Question or Issue I can login on my desktop iMac with my email/username and Spotify password, but I cannot do so on my iPhone.  I simply get return...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I need a favor please

So it looks like Spotify knows about the equalizer glitch for iOS. However, would someone that does have presets screenshot what the settings are. I am terrible at tuning and literally just got aftermarket speakers installed.

• So it looks like Spotify knows about the equalizer glitch for iOS.  However, would someone that does have presets screenshot what the settings are. I am terrible at tuning and literall...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lost playlist & saved songs after downtime fix

My Question or IssueAfter the downtime/login fix the internal app isn’t functioning fine. Lost all saved songs and playlist after re-logging and have lost the last state of the app.

• Regular
  •   My Question or Issue After the downtime/login fix the internal app isn’t functioning fine. Lost all saved songs and playlist after re-logging and have lost the last state of the app. 
  • maddog223
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Lost all pre-sets on my equalizer tab

I have an iPhone 11 Regular and I’ve been using Spotify for around 4 to 5 years, Normally when I go to the equalizer tab in settings on the app and play my music on the “Dance” pre-set that they had on there I now no longer have any equalizer pre-set...

• Regular
  • I have an iPhone 11 Regular and I’ve been using Spotify for around 4 to 5 years, Normally when I go to the equalizer tab in settings on the app and play my music on the “Dance” pre-set that they had ...
  • Kiril
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Am I crazy or did the Apple TV Spotify app used to have a "go to ____ radio" option?

I swear to god it used to be that when you go to select a song (or album or artist), you could hold down the select button on the Apple TV remote and it would bring up a whole menu with options like "Go to Song Radio." Did this stop working for anyon...

• I swear to god it used to be that when you go to select a song (or album or artist), you could hold down the select button on the Apple TV remote and it would bring up a whole menu with options like ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can’t I turn off shuffle for my playlists on iOS?

Why are my playlists all stuck on shuffle for playback? On mobile, on both iphone and iPad. i found an article in support that I included in the screenshot. When I hit shuffle play, the shuffle interweaving arrows just stay green, and the song playin...

• Regular
  • Why are my playlists all stuck on shuffle for playback? On mobile, on both iphone and iPad.   i found an article in support that I included in the screenshot.  When I hit shuffle play, th...
  • Hand3
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files song disappearing when playing

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceIOS, IPhone 6Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen trying to use the local files feature I am able to download the songs and put them on playlists but when I go to play one of the songs on my phone it wi...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device IOS, IPhone 6 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When trying to use the local files feature I am able to download the songs and pu...
  • crediexpress
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes