Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! [Mobile] Playlist bios and names cutting off on mobile - fix it, or set a word limit

Image attachments have been provided to show the problem This has been a bug on Spotify for years now and nothing has been done about it. Essentially, on Spotify mobile, if playlist bios go just over 2 lines (irrespective of screen dimensions) the bi...

• Gig Goer
  • Image attachments have been provided to show the problem   This has been a bug on Spotify for years now and nothing has been done about it. Essentially, on Spotify mobile, if playlist bios go ...
  • iamgabrieler
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify causes disconnect from Apple CarPlay

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA Device: iPhone 13 Operating System: IOS 15.0 Hello, I recently upgraded my iPhone, and ever since I've changed out my phones, my Apple CarPlay has refused to work with my new phone. All the other apps, like maps, work throug...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA   Device: iPhone 13  Operating System: IOS 15.0   Hello, I recently upgraded my iPhone, and ever since I've changed out my phones, my Apple CarPla...
  • Kiril
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify can't get access to local network i settings

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDeviceIphone 12Operating SystemIOS 15 My Question or IssueSpotify can't get access to local network in settings on iphone. It is not possible to find other devices such as the smart tv etc.Spotify should have acces to the loc...

• Plan Premium Country Denmark Device Iphone 12 Operating System IOS 15   My Question or Issue Spotify can't get access to local network in settings on iphone. It is not possible to find...
  • Stark6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Search] Ignore "Feat." in search bar

When I Shazam a song, it often happens that a track title has the following format:"Song Title - Artist Feat. Singer"Then, when I press Open Spotify it will copy that track title into the search bar. And VERY often, Spotify is unable to find the trac...

• Visitor
  • When I Shazam a song, it often happens that a track title has the following format: "Song Title - Artist Feat. Singer" Then, when I press Open Spotify it will copy that track title into the search ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Search
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists not playing

Plan PremiumDevice iphone11 My Question or IssueOut of the blue, after playing one song on any playlist, Spotify switches to songs in a similar genre not on the playlist. Same if I hit forward - it switches from the selected playlist. Recent update t...

•   Plan Premium Device iphone11   My Question or Issue Out of the blue, after playing one song on any playlist, Spotify switches to songs in a similar genre not on the playlist. Sa...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple watch download problems

I have a new apple watch running the latest OS and a premium spotify subscription i can’t get downloads to appear on the watch. Everything looks normal on the phone but the downloads section of the watch app just says “loading”. I have restarted the ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a new apple watch running the latest OS and a premium spotify subscription i can’t get downloads to appear on the watch. Everything looks normal on the phone but the downloads section of the...
  • Cochran9875
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution iOS issue - Spotify connect overriding volume on iPhone

Plan - PremiumCountry - NZ Device - iPhone 12Operating System - iOS 15.0.2 Hi there,I use Spotify connect to connect my personal laptop (PC A) to a computer that has speakers (PC B) that plays the music, it works pretty well. I also have Spotify on m...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan - Premium Country - NZ   Device - iPhone 12 Operating System - iOS 15.0.2   Hi there, I use Spotify connect to connect my personal laptop (PC A) to a computer that has speakers ...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Dots under featuring artist playlist?

  I noticed this only in certain artists occasionally, some has normal descriptions and some, well… dotsPlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 15.1Spotify Version8.6.80.1180

267AB731-6915-45B1-A7C7-395DBFD6190E.png
  • Regular
  •     I noticed this only in certain artists occasionally, some has normal descriptions and some, well… dots Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 15.1 Spotify ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot connect Iphone 5 and apps spotify 8.6.80

I have an iphone 5 and cannot identify myself with version 8.6.80 of spotify. I have the message "An error has occurred. Please try again later".I have tried with several accounts and always the same.Do you have a solution ?

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iphone 5 and cannot identify myself with version 8.6.80 of spotify. I have the message "An error has occurred. Please try again later". I have tried with several accounts and always the sa...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Search function on iOS mobile application

Hello. A bug has just drawn my attention: when searching in my saved music for a certain group, for instance, I get a list of all albums, all playlists and the artist himself/herself NO MATTER if I search in playlists, albums, artists or podcasts. Th...

• Music Fan
  • Hello. A bug has just drawn my attention: when searching in my saved music for a certain group, for instance, I get a list of all albums, all playlists and the artist himself/herself NO MATTER if I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts not available in Spotify Iraq

I know Spotify just opened in Iraq but there are no podcasts whatsoever it’s like they’ve been deleted or something and when I try to open some from my library (because I can’t find them anywhere else) it says “Couldn’t open link” I hope this is a bu...

• Casual Listener
  • I know Spotify just opened in Iraq but there are no podcasts whatsoever it’s like they’ve been deleted or something and when I try to open some from my library (because I can’t find them anywhere els...
  • Kai_Jabr
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Display bug - new apple watch series 7 app

Hi all, I received the Apple Watch Series 7 (41mm) today. As a devoted Spotify user I immediately checked the Spotify app. Unfortunately, I have noticed a bug - on the 'now playing' screen in the app, the 'like' button and the device button are both ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I received the Apple Watch Series 7 (41mm) today.   As a devoted Spotify user I immediately checked the Spotify app. Unfortunately, I have noticed a bug - on the 'now playing'...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue Button Not Working!

Plan - Family Free/Premium - premium Country - USA DeviceiPhone 11 Pro MaxOperating System(iOS 13.3.1) My Question or IssueBasically when I press the queue button on the bottom of the screen nothing happens. I also tried (many many times) to press th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan - Family  Free/Premium - premium  Country - USA   Device iPhone 11 Pro Max Operating System (iOS 13.3.1)   My Question or Issue Basically when I press the ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 14 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify app on AppleTV 4K sounds horrid.

My wife got me an AppleTV 4K for my birthday Friday. Even though AppleTV 4K is [supposedly] using Spotify Connect, it sounds like a 128k file compared to the native Spotify app on my DENON x7200. It sounds lifeless. Also, the soundstage is narrow and...

• Regular
  • My wife got me an AppleTV 4K for my birthday Friday.  Even though AppleTV 4K is [supposedly] using Spotify Connect, it sounds like a 128k file compared to the native Spotify app on my DENON x720...
  • Guzman695
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • AppleTV 4K
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Incorrect song currently playing

I use Spotify Connect to play tracks on my Onkyo receiver. What my iPhone 12 Pro says is currently playing often isn’t what is actually playing even though I am using the iOS app to control the music and haven’t even minimized it. See attached screen...

• Casual Listener
  • I use Spotify Connect to play tracks on my Onkyo receiver. What my iPhone 12 Pro says is currently playing often isn’t what is actually playing even though I am using the iOS app to control the music...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution What is the logic behind Shuffle Play button vs. just the Play button?

Since I mostly listen to whole albums, I almost never want to shuffle play. However I notice that at the top of a playlist, the big green button is sometimes Shuffle Play, and sometimes just Play. But it's ALWAYS Shuffle Play with albums, which I fin...

• Casual Listener
  • Since I mostly listen to whole albums, I almost never want to shuffle play. However I notice that at the top of a playlist, the big green button is sometimes Shuffle Play, and sometimes just Play. Bu...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Often unable to add podcasts to my queue

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone 13 ProOperating SystemiOS 15.0.2 My Question or IssueWhen I'm listening to podcasts, often I'll want to tee up the next podcast while listening to one, in case I'm cycling, walking the dog, etc. And the app often...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 13 Pro Operating System iOS 15.0.2   My Question or Issue When I'm listening to podcasts, often I'll want to tee up the next podcast while li...
  • Johnston1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify randomly starts in background when the app is closed

Hello everybody,when I updated my iPhone 11 to iOS 15 I started noticing that Spotify randomly opens in background when the app is no longer running (thus can't be seen in the multitasking menu); if it happens that I have Spotify running on my Mac (f...

• Hello everybody, when I updated my iPhone 11 to iOS 15 I started noticing that Spotify randomly opens in background when the app is no longer running (thus can't be seen in the multitasking menu); i...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Bug iOS
    Spotify Connect Volume Control
    volume bug
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app meddles with other app sounds

I believe the issue is due to the fact that we can use the iOS app to control what is playing on the desktop app: the volume control of the iPhone now is set to change the volume of what is playing on Spotify. But then, if as I switch to another app ...

• Regular
  • I believe the issue is due to the fact that we can use the iOS app to control what is playing on the desktop app: the volume control of the iPhone now is set to change the volume of what is playing o...
  • Konigi
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Broken header on iPhone13 mini

Broken header on iPhone13 miniPlanPremium Countrycanada DeviceiPhone 13 mini Operating SystemiOS 15.1.1

•     Broken header on iPhone13 mini Plan Premium   Country canada   Device iPhone 13 mini   Operating System iOS 15.1.1  
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes