Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files not syncing to iPhone

planpremium duocountrycanadadeviceiPhone 7, windows computeroperating systemios, windows my issueI am trying to sync local file songs from my computer to my iPhone. i try pressing the download button on my phone, it says the playlist is downloaded bu...

• Casual Listener
  • plan premium duo country canada device iPhone 7, windows computer operating system ios, windows   my issue I am trying to sync local file songs from my computer to my iPhone. i try pre...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution LOCAL FILES NOT PLAYING ON IPHONE

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.ADeviceiPhone 6S+Operating SystemiOS 15.1 My Question or IssueThis has been going on for FAR too long. I know what I am doing to download and transfer local files to my phone. I have hundreds and there has never been a problem u...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country U.S.A Device iPhone 6S+ Operating System iOS 15.1   My Question or Issue This has been going on for FAR too long.  I know what I am doing to download and tran...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t log in to Spotify app iOS

Playlists got frozen except the shuffle option and I logged out and tried to log in again it’s just loading for a long time and then ends with an error. I tried reinstalling the app as well but still the samePlanPremiumCountry Australia Device iPhone...

• Casual Listener
  • Playlists got frozen except the shuffle option and I logged out and tried to log in again it’s just loading for a long time and then ends with an error. I tried reinstalling the app as well but still...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 29 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files not syncing to phone

PlanFamily/PremiumCountryCanadaDevice(iPhone 11 Pro Max, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(i0S 15.1, Big Sur 11.4.) My Question or IssueI have been trying to sync one single track to my phone for about two hours with no luck. I have deleted and ...

• Plan Family/Premium Country Canada Device (iPhone 11 Pro Max, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (i0S 15.1, Big Sur 11.4.)   My Question or Issue I have been trying to sync one si...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t log in

Every time I try log in with the app it replies with something went wrong. I’ve tried reinstalling the app changing the password restarting my phone with no success. I can log in through browser but not in app.

• Every time I try log in with the app it replies with something went wrong. I’ve tried reinstalling the app changing the password restarting my phone with no success. I can log in through browser but ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • App & Features
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Audio glitches same places in the same songs on multiple platforms

Hi forum I experience audio glitches in the same place in the same song on multiple platforms - i tried iOs (latest) and windows 10 (latest). The glitches also occur in the webplayer (firefox windows 10 latest). I have no downloaded songs. I reinstal...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi forum   I experience audio glitches in the same place in the same song on multiple platforms - i tried iOs (latest) and windows 10 (latest). The glitches also occur in the webplayer (firefo...
  • Hello_Kitty
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App not working

Plan - PremiumCountry - USA DeviceiPhone 11 Operating SystemiOS 15.1 My Question or IssueToday I have opened the Spotify app to find I am unable to do anything. I was initially able to join a play session with another person, but since then, I cannot...

• Regular
  •   Plan - Premium Country - USA   Device iPhone 11   Operating System iOS 15.1   My Question or Issue Today I have opened the Spotify app to find I am unable to do ...
  • CarlosE
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Add playlist to queue bug

Plan PremiumDevice iPhone 12Operating System iOS 15 When I try to add a playlist to the now playing queue, I get a 'Playlist added to queue' message... but the playlist doesn't appear in the queue. If I add the same playlist a second time, then it ad...

• Plan Premium Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 15   When I try to add a playlist to the now playing queue, I get a 'Playlist added to queue' message... but the playlist do...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Content not loading over cellular

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone 13Operating SystemiOS 15 My Question or IssueContent won’t load when using a cellular connection.When I open the app the ‘connecting’ status appears at the bottom of the screen (and stays there) but the app nev...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPhone 13 Operating System iOS 15   My Question or Issue Content won’t load when using a cellular connection. When I open the app the ‘co...
  • ericlee2
  • 41 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 41 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Unplayable playlists with cellular data

Won't play songs on my playlists while connected to data. They're greyed out. Data is working for everything else. Will work with WiFi.Deleted app, restarted phone, reset network settings, etc. I downloaded an updated version - the way I got it to pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Won't play songs on my playlists while connected to data. They're greyed out. Data is working for everything else. Will work with WiFi. Deleted app, restarted phone, reset network settings, etc. &n...
  • Kiril
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Make Car Play a feature you can turn on anytime

Let’s make the Car Play feature something you can toggle on and off whenever you want. I like to sit my phone on my desk at work. I leave my phone screen on to flip between songs, and the videos that play tend to be flashy and distracting. All I want...

• Let’s make the Car Play feature something you can toggle on and off whenever you want. I like to sit my phone on my desk at work. I leave my phone screen on to flip between songs, and the videos that...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t select songs on Premium anymore?!

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 8Operating System My Question or Issue So, the ONLY reason that I have premium and use Spotify is so that’s i can listen to any song I want from any album unlimited. If not for this I would cancel my subscription. W...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device iPhone 8 Operating System     My Question or Issue   So, the ONLY reason that I have premium and use Spotify is so that’s i can liste...
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution iPhone 13 Pro Max App Display issues

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 13 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 15.0.2 My Question or IssueAttached are some images of some of the display issues I’ve been experiencing since upgrading my iPhone from an XS max. It’s not the worst thing on the p...

• Composer
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country USA   Device iPhone 13 Pro Max Operating System iOS 15.0.2   My Question or Issue Attached are some images of some of the display issues I’ve be...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Music stops playing at web player!

PlanFreeCountryTurkeyDeviceiPad 7.generationOperating SystemiOS 14.0.1 My Question or IssueI am use safari web player i am play any my or anyone playlist after 1 or 2 music music stops and its only happening if i am play at background its not happeni...

• Roadie
  •   Plan Free Country Turkey Device iPad 7. generation Operating System iOS 14.0.1   My Question or Issue I am use safari web player i am play any my or anyone playlist after 1 or...
  • Kiril
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution For new lyrics feature, add a button that can resync the lyrics to the music if one scrolls ahead.

If I scroll in the lyrics, say to look at the next verse, the lyrics no longer scroll with the song. I need to close the lyrics and reopen them. It would be nice to have a button to turn the text snap back on.

• If I scroll in the lyrics, say to look at the next verse, the lyrics no longer scroll with the song. I need to close the lyrics and reopen them. It would be nice to have a button to turn the text sna...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle mode doesn't work in the car

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDeviceIPhone XOperating SystemIOS 15.1Shuffle mode doesn't work in the car (Mazda CX 5 2014, bluetooth)When I press the next track button, the shuffle mode turns off and the next track in the the list turns on.I have tried: re...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Device IPhone X Operating System IOS 15.1 Shuffle mode doesn't work in the car (Mazda CX 5 2014, bluetooth) When I press the next track button, the shuffle mo...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Constant skipping

What is up with the non stop skipping? Wi-Fi is good. Downgraded streaming quality. Reinstalled the app. No luck

• Casual Listener
  • What is up with the non stop skipping? Wi-Fi is good. Downgraded streaming quality. Reinstalled the app. No luck 
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t Play Criminal Podcast

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 13 ProOperating SystemiOS 15.1.1 My Question or IssueI’m trying to listen to Criminal and it won’t work. It is a podcast. I can listen to it on apple podcasts fine, but I wanted to switch to Spotify to listen to my po...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 13 Pro Operating System iOS 15.1.1   My Question or Issue I’m trying to listen to Criminal and it won’t work. It is a podcast. I can listen to it ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playback issue
    Podcast Issues
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes