Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Nothing loads in my app

PlanPremiumCountryVenezuela (USA account)DeviceiOs 5SOperating SystemiOs 12.4.1 My Question or Issue Two months ago, my iOs app started not letting me search any songs in the search bar, reaching to the point where I can only add songs to my playlist...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Venezuela (USA account) Device iOs 5S Operating System iOs 12.4.1   My Question or Issue   Two months ago, my iOs app started not letting me search any songs...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Loading problems
    Search failure
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

No cast icon on Spotify iphone or iPad

No cast icon on Spotify iphone or iPad even thou google home installed and setup of chrome cast audio is correct. please help

• Regular
  • No cast icon on Spotify iphone or iPad even thou google home installed and setup of chrome cast audio is correct.   please help 
  • -MooZ
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] Lyrics Feature Bug

I noticed that the lyrics are often ahead of the timing when synced so could you please fix that (even if the syncing is behind because that's not as bad as being ahead). Thank you!

• Visitor
  • I noticed that the lyrics are often ahead of the timing when synced so could you please fix that (even if the syncing is behind because that's not as bad as being ahead). Thank you!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution App doesn’t show all integrated functions at slow internet

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone 12 proOperating SystemLatest ios My Question or IssueSometimes when the connection is slower, when I try to use some app functions, via the 3 dots, it doesn’t be shown to me…for example:if I want to add a music t...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 12 pro Operating System Latest ios    My Question or Issue Sometimes when the connection is slower, when I try to use some app f...
  • Kiril
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crashing only while locked or off spotify

Iphone XS MaxIOS: 13.5.1 Spotify Version: 8.6.80.1180 Spotify keeps consistently crashing every song in a specific playlist i try to play about 30 seconds in and when i open the app again it is restarted to the beginning of the song. I was just using...

• Casual Listener
  • Iphone XS Max IOS: 13.5.1  Spotify Version: 8.6.80.1180   Spotify keeps consistently crashing every song in a specific playlist i try to play about 30 seconds in and when i open the app...
  • CarlosE
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution App crashing in background after version updating (8.6.80.1180)

My Question or Issue:The app stops running in the background. I've tried reinstall, logging out, closing the app, everything and it still doesn't work.All this started to happen when I updated to the latest version 8.6.80.1180. PlanPremiumCountry: Me...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue: The app stops running in the background. I've tried reinstall, logging out, closing the app, everything and it still doesn't work. All this started to happen when I updated to...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Crashing After Updating App

My Question or IssueAfter having updated to the latest version of the app (8.6.80) Spotify will stop playing a song after around 30 sec and "crash". The app is still open in the background but the song will stop playing and if you reopen the app the ...

• My Question or Issue After having updated to the latest version of the app (8.6.80) Spotify will stop playing a song after around 30 sec and "crash".   The app is still open in the background...
  • CarlosE
  • 22 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 24 likes

Superuser Contribution App crashes if in background or phone locked

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.8 My Question or IssueSpotify crashes ~30-90 seconds after putting app in background or locking screen while app is in foreground. When I open the app again, it’s paused at the star...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.8   My Question or Issue Spotify crashes ~30-90 seconds after putting app in background or locking s...
  • Xenia
  • 26 replies
  • 8 likes
  • app crash
  • 26 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution App crashes on IOS after 1 minute and 20 seconds

I am using Spotify version 8.6.54 on an iPhone 12 running IOS 14.7.1 and while living in the USA. The most recent update stops playing music 1 minute and 20 seconds after I press the play button. What I typically do is play the music through my phone...

• I am using Spotify version 8.6.54 on an iPhone 12 running IOS 14.7.1 and while living in the USA. The most recent update stops playing music 1 minute and 20 seconds after I press the play button.&nbs...
  • acaurora
  • Casual Listener
  • 18 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution iPhone 12 [iOS 14.6] Spotify constantly crashing despite supposedly solved issues

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 12) (brand new)Operating System(iOS 14.6 ) My Question or IssueWhile I have pored over several posts discussing similar issues, some marked “solved,” and followed the supposed solutions, my app is constantly crashin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 12) (brand new) Operating System (iOS 14.6 )   My Question or Issue While I have pored over several posts discussing similar issues, some marked...
  • CarlosE
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stops playing music sometimes when I leave the app

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11Operating System(iOS 13.6) My Question or IssueHi, my Spotify keeps shutting off my music when I’m in different apps. For example, I’ll play music and go into a different app and Spotify will randomly stop the music, ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country USA Device iPhone 11 Operating System (iOS 13.6)   My Question or Issue Hi, my Spotify keeps shutting off my music when I’m in different apps. For example, I’ll play ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify overheats, crashes, drains battery Iphone XR ios15

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 15A few days ago I noticed my phone overheating. While on a run spotify crashed multiple times. The next day I noticed that everytime I was listening to spotify, regardless where I was, my phone w...

• Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 15 A few days ago I noticed my phone overheating. While on a run spotify crashed multiple times. The next day I noticed that ...
  • CarlosE
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Coupures

Bonjour, j'ai un iPhone 7 et un abonnement Family. Lorsque j'écoute de la musique elle se coupe toute seule au bout d'environ 1 minute. J'ai essayé de désinstaller l'application et de la réinstaller, de rallumer mon portable, de mettre à jour MAJ et ...

• Visitor
  • Bonjour, j'ai un iPhone 7 et un abonnement Family. Lorsque j'écoute de la musique elle se coupe toute seule au bout d'environ 1 minute. J'ai essayé de désinstaller l'application et de la réinstaller,...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs stopping after a minute and app refreshing

PlanPremiumCountryUnited Kingdom DeviceiPhone 11 Pro Operating SystemiOS 14.1 My Question or IssueWhen I leave the Spotify app, whatever song I have on stops playing after about a minute and the app automatically refreshes. I’ve deleted the tab, logg...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom  Device iPhone 11 Pro  Operating System iOS 14.1   My Question or Issue When I leave the Spotify app, whatever song I have on stops playin...
  • CoSmoZ_swe
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Real Time Lyrics in America.

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(iPhone 11 Pro Max)Operating System(iOS 14) My Question or Issue Just wanted to bring it up that we still don’t have real time lyrics. I want to get their attention because we should have it by now. Does anyone have any so...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device (iPhone 11 Pro Max) Operating System (iOS 14)   My Question or Issue   Just wanted to bring it up that we still don’t have real time lyric...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 38 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 38 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Is the Lyrics feature available in the desktop app?

I use to have the lyrics in my iphone everytime i play my songs. I recently installed the Spotify app in my laptop and when I use it, I don't see the lyrics anymore when I play my songs.

• Music Fan
  • I use to have the lyrics in my iphone everytime i play my songs. I recently installed the Spotify app in my laptop and when I use it, I don't see the lyrics anymore when I play my songs.
  • Novy
  • 16 replies
  • 107 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 107 likes

Auto off

Hello, I have a problem on my iphone with 15.1 ios . Spotify turns itself off after a short time. I have the last update. Thanks for your help

• Hello, I have a problem on my iphone with 15.1 ios . Spotify turns itself off after a short time. I have the last update. Thanks for your help
  • RobertoEsposito
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Developer] Ability to sort playlist songs in Custom order on iphone

I spend alot of time sorting songs in my playlists using the "Cutsom order" filter on my PC desktop app but on my iphone 13 there's no Custom order option. The only available options are to sort by: Title, Artist, Album or Recently added. That's so u...

• Visitor
  • I spend alot of time sorting songs in my playlists using the "Cutsom order" filter on my PC desktop app but on my iphone 13 there's no Custom order option. The only available options are to sort by: ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer
    iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Other] Artist name on songs

On songs that have multiple artists, if I click the artist name I want to be taken to that artist’s page, but it only takes me to the first artist listed. I want to be able to click the name of the second artist and be taken to their page, not the fi...

• Regular
  • On songs that have multiple artists, if I click the artist name I want to be taken to that artist’s page, but it only takes me to the first artist listed. I want to be able to click the name of the s...
  • CarlosE
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes