Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [bug] One of 'share' icons generates bad links

I have noticed that when I try to share the song via the share button at the bottom (see screenshots) it generates the wrong link that can't be opened by other people via iOS Spotify app. PlanPremiumCountryUADevice(iPhone 12 mini) However, it reprodu...

photo_2021-10-16_17-11-52.jpg photo_2021-10-16_17-11-54.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • I have noticed that when I try to share the song via the share button at the bottom (see screenshots) it generates the wrong link that can't be opened by other people via iOS Spotify app.  ...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile][Playlists] Reverse Order Playlists

There are numerous people that have requested this feature. Spotify this should be incredibly simple. Please put in functionality to be able to reverse the order of our playlists, so we don't have to constantly scroll down to listen to the newest son...

• Visitor
  • There are numerous people that have requested this feature.  Spotify this should be incredibly simple.  Please put in functionality to be able to reverse the order of our playlists, so we d...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mobile
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution songs do not play after updating to iOS 15.0.2

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 7+Operating SystemiOS 15.0.2 My Question or IssueAfter updating to iOS 15.0.2 on Tuesday, I have been unable to play certain songs in my liked songs. They're downloaded but stay stuck at 0:00 when I click on them. If I go to t...

• Plan Premium Device iPhone 7+ Operating System iOS 15.0.2   My Question or Issue After updating to iOS 15.0.2 on Tuesday, I have been unable to play certain songs in my liked songs. They...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to install Spotify on the 10.34 IOS Ipad

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPad Gen 4Operating SystemiOS 10.3.4 My Question or IssueJust inherited the above device. Updated it to iOS 10.34 (can't go any further). Works perfectly but am unable to download Spotify. (Reason application requires...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPad Gen 4 Operating System iOS 10.3.4   My Question or Issue Just inherited the above device.  Updated it to iOS 10.34 (can't go any further...
  • Ramsz
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Old iOS Ipad
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS iPhone] Scrolling in large playlist resets scroll to top

DeviceiPhone Xs MaxOperating SystemiOS 15.0.1 Hi, I have a large playlist (1109 songs) that I share with my group of friends. In the latest Spotify version, when I scroll in this playlist, I reach a point a little less than half way through the playl...

• Regular
  • Device iPhone Xs Max Operating System iOS 15.0.1   Hi,   I have a large playlist (1109 songs) that I share with my group of friends. In the latest Spotify version, when I scroll in t...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Bug!!!

I still can not assess my full playlist. I have like a 1000 songs but still it shows only about 100-200. The web player and android works fine. On my iPhone 13 Pro iOS 15.0.1 it doesn’t. Which I don’t understand because it was working until now.

• Regular
  • I still can not assess my full playlist. I have like a 1000 songs but still it shows only about 100-200. The web player and android works fine. On my iPhone 13 Pro iOS 15.0.1 it doesn’t. Which I don’...
  • Eni
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Airplay doesn’ t work with ios 15

since i download ios 15 spotify’ s airplay doesn’ t work: neither with my sony tv neither with my denon 730.my gf has iphone with ios 14 and all work. thank you

• since i download ios 15 spotify’ s airplay doesn’ t work: neither with my sony tv neither with my denon 730. my gf has iphone with ios 14 and all work.   thank you
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Certain Local Songs do not play on mobile devices

PlanPremiumCountrydo not want to share Device(iPad Mini 2, iPhone 10)Operating System(iOS 12) My Question or IssueI have some local songs that do not play in my mobile devices, but they do play on my PC. Only certain songs do this, I have other local...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country do not want to share   Device (iPad Mini 2, iPhone 10) Operating System (iOS 12)   My Question or Issue I have some local songs that do not play in my mobile...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Spatial Audio Support

Has anyone heard if / when Spotify plans to support spatial audio on iOS?

• Visitor
  • Has anyone heard if / when Spotify plans to support spatial audio on iOS? 
  • carringtonh
  • Regular
  • 26 replies
  • 213 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 213 likes

Superuser Contribution Recommended song cover art flashing when skipping through track

This is a very minor issue but the cover art for recommended songs appears to reload every time you change the play position of the playing song.Just felt like I could report it even though it is practically a non issue. PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands...

• Regular
  • This is a very minor issue but the cover art for recommended songs appears to reload every time you change the play position of the playing song. Just felt like I could report it even though it is p...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • UI
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Mini player not updating (mobile)

The mini player on my Spotify is the old one that’s just grey when others have a better color version, also they updated the bottom bar to look better with the new mini player, but I still have the old one and the black bar so it looks worse! And it ...

• Casual Listener
  • The mini player on my Spotify is the old one that’s just grey when others have a better color version, also they updated the bottom bar to look better with the new mini player, but I still have the o...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution I can’t play a new song after a day

Plan: Family Free/Premium: PremiumCountry: US Device: iPhone XS MaxOperating System: iOS 14.7.1 Problem: I playing the newly released song: Sugar Rush, artist: Mei. It came out on 10/15. I couldn’t play it anymore since 10/16. When I clicked on the “...

• Plan: Family  Free/Premium: Premium Country: US   Device: iPhone XS Max Operating System: iOS 14.7.1   Problem: I playing the newly released song: Sugar Rush, artist: Mei...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Skipping with Bluetooth headset skips back to last time I skipped

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevice(iPhone 12 Pro)Operating System(iOS 15.0.2) My Question or IssueWhen using my bluetooth headset (Boltune BT-BH020) skipping doesn’t work right. Instead of skipping back or forth 15 sec, it skips in the following way:for...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device (iPhone 12 Pro) Operating System (iOS 15.0.2)   My Question or Issue When using my bluetooth headset (Boltune BT-BH020) skipping doesn’t work right....
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Arrow] UI Problem

PlanPremiumCountryThailandDeviceiPhone 12 Operating SystemiOS 14.8 IssueArrow sign was placed in the wrong position which it make me cannot press itI have already attached bug issue image.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Thailand Device iPhone 12   Operating System iOS 14.8   Issue Arrow sign was placed in the wrong position which it make me cannot press it I have al...
  • sarin_beam30
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [iOS][Playlists] Add an option for what to do with filtered results on a playlist

Today when I was about to take a shower I felt like listening to the Kendrick Lamar songs in my main playlist with all my songs, obviously, I don't like ALL the songs from Kendrick, that's why I have a playlist with a lot of songs from him but not ev...

• Regular
  • Today when I was about to take a shower I felt like listening to the Kendrick Lamar songs in my main playlist with all my songs, obviously, I don't like ALL the songs from Kendrick, that's why I have...
  • carlhr93
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
    Playlists
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution App crashing

My premium acc is crashing 10-30 seconds into any song on an iphone 13/ios 15. Checked the same account on my iphone 8+ and it crashes there too. Tried a different non-premium account and it seemed fine. How do I fix this?

• My premium acc is crashing 10-30 seconds into any song on an iphone 13/ios 15. Checked the same account on my iphone 8+ and it crashes there too. Tried a different non-premium account and it seemed f...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music won’t play or stops after a second.

I am experiencing issues with Spotify app on my iPhone 11 (software version 14.7.1) where song will not play or start playing and stop after some time (anywhere between a second to 10 seconds). All songs are downloaded onto my device. This is happeni...

• I am experiencing issues with Spotify app on my iPhone 11 (software version 14.7.1) where song will not play or start playing and stop after some time (anywhere between a second to 10 seconds). All s...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Certain local files won't sync to new phone

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone SE 2nd genOperating SystemMost recent iOS My Question or IssueRecently got a new phone and obviously had to redownload my library. I have a lot of local files and most of them transferred but some of them refuse to. T...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone SE 2nd gen Operating System Most recent iOS   My Question or Issue Recently got a new phone and obviously had to redownload my library. I have a l...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lyrics on Mobile

When will Lyrics be available on IOS/Android?I know Apple Music has this feature for a while now and I’ve been waiting for it to come to Spotify as well.I’m still stuck with the Musixmatch App, which is buggy and scams your credits when you submit Ly...

• Music Fan
  • When will Lyrics be available on IOS/Android? I know Apple Music has this feature for a while now and I’ve been waiting for it to come to Spotify as well. I’m still stuck with the Musixmatch App, w...
  • Teknevra
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes