Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify iOS app suddenly started to play a random song

PlanPremiumCountryTurkey Device(iPhone X)Operating System(iOS 14.6) My Question or Issue Hello everyone! This morning I woke up to a hard rock song that Spotify decided to play on its own. I had never listened to that song/band before and I've verifi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey  Device (iPhone X) Operating System (iOS 14.6)   My Question or Issue   Hello everyone!    This morning I woke up to a hard rock song...
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution My iPhone disconnects and I loose all downloaded music

Hello everybody, I have about 2200 songs that I've set to "available offline". I download them all with no problem. But after some time, I open the Spotify app and I'm no longer connected to Spotify, therefore losing all my downloaded tracks. Does an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everybody,   I have about 2200 songs that I've set to "available offline". I download them all with no problem. But after some time, I open the Spotify app and I'm no longer connected to...
  • Elena
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't sync devices

I am trying to do a local file upload on my computer, but I can't even sync my devices. Both desktop and mobile versions are up-to-date, local file is enabled on the mobile version, and both devices are on the same Wi-Fi and connected to the same acc...

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to do a local file upload on my computer, but I can't even sync my devices. Both desktop and mobile versions are up-to-date, local file is enabled on the mobile version, and both devices ...
  • rswh66
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Pair with Apple TV HD

I’m not able to pair Spotify with Apple TV HDOn the website it says that pairing was done, but my Apple TV stays in the Pairing screen. PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceApple TV HD (4th gen.)

• Casual Listener
  • I’m not able to pair Spotify with Apple TV HD On the website it says that pairing was done, but my Apple TV stays in the Pairing screen.  Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Apple...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 21 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts section saying I have more episodes than I actually have

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone 7Operating systemiOS 14.7.1 My Question or IssueWhen I go to the downloaded podcasts section it says I always have 1 more podcast than I actually do. I have OCD so this really irritates me. Is there a way to fix this...

•   Plan Premium Country UK Device (iPhone 7 Operating system iOS 14.7.1   My Question or Issue When I go to the downloaded podcasts section it says I always have 1 more podcast th...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Home Showing Podcasts and no music

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 11 Max ProOperating SystemiOS13 My Question or IssueMy home tab on the iOS app is only showing more podcast recommendations and not music. How can I get back to showing music recommendations instead?

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 11 Max Pro Operating System iOS13   My Question or Issue My home tab on the iOS app is only showing more podcast recommendations and no...
  • thatsdusantokyo
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 9 likes

Track play breaks

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDeviceiPhone 7 plusOperating System14.7.1IssueTrack plays until 1:15, then it breaks and no sound goes on, but time decreases and play button is active.Broken track

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Device iPhone 7 plus Operating System 14.7.1 Issue Track plays until 1:15, then it breaks and no sound goes on, but time decreases and play button is active. Bro...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Your Library] iPhone app stops playing songs after 5 seconds

When I’m listening to Spotify on my iPhone, certain songs will stop after 5 seconds or just flat out not play at all. It’s always songs that I have downloaded.

• Visitor
  • When I’m listening to Spotify on my iPhone, certain songs will stop after 5 seconds or just flat out not play at all. It’s always songs that I have downloaded. 
  • MateusM
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • iOS
    Your Library
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution (Apple TV) TvOS 14 Multiple Audio Output not working

Plan: PremiumCountry: United States Device: Apple TV HD 4th generationOperating SystemtvOS 14.3 My Question or Issue:Multiple audio output stopped working on tvOS 14 of the Apple TV. This issue was originally posted here and declared fixed by Spotify...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan: Premium Country: United States   Device: Apple TV HD 4th generation Operating System tvOS 14.3   My Question or Issue: Multiple audio output stopped working on tvOS 14...
  • JoeH76
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • apple TV
    tvOS
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue keeps disappearing

I am using Spotify to queue up some podcasts while I run or drive. I might queue up 3 or 4, but whenever an episode finishes the next one doesn’t play, when I check the queue it’s all gone. Happening consistently for a couple of days now. I am using ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am using Spotify to queue up some podcasts while I run or drive. I might queue up 3 or 4, but whenever an episode finishes the next one doesn’t play, when I check the queue it’s all gone. Happening...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution LG TV will not sign in using my iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueMy LG TV won't sign in using Spotify Connect on my iPhone. The app opens on the TV, but doesnt progress any further, stuck at login screen using iOS. The Spotify connec...

• Plan Premium Country Poland Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue My LG TV won't sign in using Spotify Connect on my iPhone. The app opens on the TV, but does...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Does Spotify have to be open on the iPhone to download playlists to Apple Watch?

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 12 Pro, Apple Watch 6 LTEOperating SystemLatest iOS as of date of this post My Question or Issue Does the Spotify app on the iPhone have to be open while songs download to the Apple Watch? The process seems to take ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device iPhone 12 Pro, Apple Watch 6 LTE Operating System Latest iOS as of date of this post   My Question or Issue   Does the Spotify app on the ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • apple
    Apple Watch
    downloads
    iOS
    iphone
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files on desktop not syncing to Iphone

PlanPremiumCountry: USA DeviceIphone 8, Mac Pro (desktop computer)Operating SystemMac OS Sierra My Question or IssueSpotify on my computer has playlists entirely made up of songs from my local files. These playlists used to play fine on my iPhone. Su...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country: USA   Device Iphone 8, Mac Pro (desktop computer) Operating System Mac OS Sierra   My Question or Issue Spotify on my computer has playlists entirely made up...
  • Cayuga_Duck
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [iOS] music stops after 2 minutes

Hi!I am updated to the most recent app on my iPhone 8. I do not have Premium. The music will suddenly stop, whether during a song or during an ad, every 2-3 minutes. Hope this will be fixed in the next release. Generally the screen is off at the time...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I am updated to the most recent app on my iPhone 8.   I do not have Premium. The music will suddenly stop, whether during a song or during an ad, every 2-3 minutes. Hope this will be f...
  • Eni
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer
    iOS
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Remove Playlist / Songs from Apple Watch

Plan: PremiumCountry: US Device: Apple WatchOperating System: 7.6.1 My Question or Issue:I added a playlist to Apple Watch, and then I must have removed that playlist from my iPhone before removing it from my Watch because now I cannot remove it from...

• Music Fan
  • Plan: Premium Country: US   Device: Apple Watch Operating System: 7.6.1   My Question or Issue: I added a playlist to Apple Watch, and then I must have removed that playlist fro...
  • tb1200
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics not displaying at all

Plan: PremiumCountry: Nigeria Device: Samsung S21Operating System: Android 11 My Question or Issue: The option to display lyrics is not on my Spotify at all both via browser or Spotify app

• Regular
  • Plan: Premium Country: Nigeria    Device: Samsung S21 Operating System: Android 11   My Question or Issue: The option to display lyrics is not on my Spotify at all both...
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • display
    Lyrical
    lyricless
    lyrics
    lyrics app android
    Samsung
    Samsung android
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution fails AGAIN after 9 seconds.

We are increasingly having issues where 'something went wrong', and Spotify doesn't work (on recent model iPhones and MacBooks that we keep updated), and now this is the third time I have had Spotify become useless on a device for a prolonged period ...

• Casual Listener
  • We are increasingly having issues where 'something went wrong', and Spotify doesn't work (on recent model iPhones and MacBooks that we keep updated), and now this is the third time I have had Spotify...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

URI for Favorite songs?

Hi so I am trying to make a shortcut with ios 12 and I was looking into uri's and i have a question that i havent been able to find the answer to anywhere on the web. Is there a URI or a deep link to your "favorite songs"? I'd call it your music libr...

•   Hi so I am trying to make a shortcut with ios 12 and I was looking into uri's and i have a question that i havent been able to find the answer to anywhere on the web.   Is there a URI ...
  • LBHB
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify wrong translation (italian)

PlanPremium FamilyCountryItalyDeviceiPhone 12 miniOperating SystemiOS 15.0 My Question or IssueHi, i noticed a few months ago there is a wrong translation of spotify app in italian.The correct translation of text in the screenshot is: “Radio sulla ba...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Family Country Italy Device iPhone 12 mini Operating System iOS 15.0   My Question or Issue Hi, i noticed a few months ago there is a wrong translation of spotify app in i...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! deleted playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI deleted a playlist out of resentment and it's been more than 90 days. Is there a backend employee who can work some magic to recover it? I...

•   Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone  Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I deleted a playlist out of resentment and it'...
  • MateusM
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes