Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Browse all 1000+ playlists of a user

 I’d like to browse all 1486 of this user https://open.spotify.com/user/particledetector2018. However, on mobile it stops at “2018 in canadian country”. Seems like spotify caps it after a certain number of playlists. is there a way to browse all of i...

1DF57D05-1B3A-401C-9629-F2CC85829822.png
  •   I’d like to browse all 1486 of this user https://open.spotify.com/user/particledetector2018. However, on mobile it stops at “2018 in canadian country”. Seems like spotify caps it after a cert...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song playing on different device

I don't have the spotify app on my phone, so when I click on a link to a spotify song it opens in Safari and gives me the option to listen to a song for a few seconds, then suggests I download the app to listen to the whole thing. However, a couple o...

• Visitor
  • I don't have the spotify app on my phone, so when I click on a link to a spotify song it opens in Safari and gives me the option to listen to a song for a few seconds, then suggests I download the ap...
  • MateusM
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs won’t download for offline mode

I have an iPhone 8 Plus up to date. I’ve tried uninstalling , reinstalling , logging out and back in. I’ve checked my storage , not even close to full. Works on my laptop though. Can’t figure it out and it’s been like this for months, I’ve never been...

• I have an iPhone 8 Plus up to date. I’ve tried uninstalling , reinstalling , logging out and back in. I’ve checked my storage , not even close to full. Works on my laptop though. Can’t figure it out ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution music not downloading to apple watch despite having all the latest software and accounts

I have an iphone 12 and apple watch 4 both running the latest IOS. I also have a premium account with spotifyI have selected the download to watch on my iphone app. I go to my watch, I can see in the download section the playlist I have selected. Exc...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iphone 12 and apple watch 4 both running the latest IOS. I also have a premium account with spotify I have selected the download to watch on my iphone app. I go to my watch, I can see in t...
  • Joe418
  • 19 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Apple watch download not working
  • 19 replies
  • 9 likes

Superuser Contribution Custom order mixup

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDeviceiPhone 8 Plus ios 14.6 Win10 I reorganised custom order in one of my playlist on Win10 laptop while using desktop spotify. I mass selected some song and dragged them where i needed them. After that songs in that playlist...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Device iPhone 8 Plus ios 14.6  Win10   I reorganised custom order in one of my playlist on Win10 laptop while using desktop spotify. I mass selected some...
  • Julian
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files Not Working in iPhone App

PlanPremiumCountryCanada DeviceiPhone XR, Macbook Air 13" (M1 2020)Operating SystemiOS 14.6, macOS Big Sur 11.4 My Question or IssueI am having the same issue that I see many people have had (for quite sometime), but none of the 'solutions' provided ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada   Device iPhone XR, Macbook Air 13" (M1 2020) Operating System iOS 14.6, macOS Big Sur 11.4   My Question or Issue I am having the same issue that I s...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Siri not working recently

PlanPremiumCountryMainland ChinaDeviceiPhone 12 miniOperating SystemiOS 14.5.1 My Question or IssueIt was fine before, but a week or two ago, I can no longer use Hey Siri to tell Spotify play music, it keep replying "I didn't find *** on Spotify", bu...

IMG_20210708_085648.PNG IMG_20210708_085706.PNG
  • Plan Premium Country Mainland China Device iPhone 12 mini Operating System iOS 14.5.1   My Question or Issue It was fine before, but a week or two ago, I can no longer use Hey Siri to ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iPad App keeps crashing

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPad Pro 11 (2020)Operating SystemIpadOS 14.4.2 My Question or IssueIf you start the app normally (in full screen), play a song and then try to start the App in Slide-Over Mode the whole App crashes. Tried reinstalling,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPad Pro 11 (2020) Operating System IpadOS 14.4.2   My Question or Issue If you start the app normally (in full screen), play a song and then try to...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify draining battery extremally fast

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceiPhone XsOperating SystemiOS 12 Recently i switched from my iPhone 8 to the Xs and after i started using spotify i realised it could drain more than 20% over around 30-40 min of listening which unfortunatelly makes the a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device iPhone Xs Operating System iOS 12   Recently i switched from my iPhone 8 to the Xs and after i started using spotify i realised it could drain more th...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 40 replies
  • 10 likes
  • battery drain
    Battery usage
    iOS 12
    iPhone XS
  • 40 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue Button Stops Working Bug

I'm having a recurring issue on the ios app where the queue button no longer functions until I close and restart the app. This same issue is something I've seen posted on here in numerous posts. This is something that needs to be fixed.

• I'm having a recurring issue on the ios app where the queue button no longer functions until I close and restart the app.   This same issue is something I've seen posted on here in numerous po...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Artist's Liked Songs Offline Toggle UI Bug

Plan: PremiumCountry: PortugalDevice: iPhone XSOperating System: iOS 14.6Spotify Version: 8.6.40 When accessing and Artist's page and clicking on my "Liked Songs" from that artist, the toggle to download those songs appears with a wrongly formatted t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: Portugal Device: iPhone XS Operating System: iOS 14.6 Spotify Version: 8.6.40   When accessing and Artist's page and clicking on my "Liked Songs"...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Offline Toggle
    UI
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App stops working

PlanFreeCountryUSDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueEvery time I use the app I can only play songs for a few minutes because it pauses and my music stops, it’s not my wireless earbuds since it works just fine on other audio bas...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country US Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14  My Question or Issue Every time I use the app I can only play songs for a few minutes because it pauses and my music stops...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

can anyone recommend a sound equalizer for a mini Apple iPad 5th generation that works on Spotify

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution podcast notifications

Plan PremiumUSA DeviceiPhone 12Operating System14.4.1 So I guess there is a feature where you can get notified about getting notifications about new episodes on the podcasts you follow? where do I find that. I subscribe to 3 podcasts, stuff you shoul...

• Music Fan
  • Plan  Premium USA   Device iPhone 12 Operating System 14.4.1   So I guess there is a feature where you can get notified about getting notifications about new episodes on the p...
  • edevlin199
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Your Library] Funny Audio

>Platform: iOS>Country: United States>Subscription: Premium I always use Spotify for my daily work, when I play video games or just chilling. Sometimes I’ll play Spotify on my IPad, Pc, or on my PS4. But I normally play it on my iPad. I do not know i...

• Visitor
  • >Platform: iOS >Country: United States >Subscription: Premium   I always use Spotify for my daily work, when I play video games or just chilling. Sometimes I’ll play Spotify on my I...
  • MateusM
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Your Library
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS shuffle and repeat are disabled

Plan - Premium; Country - US; Device - iPhone XS My Question or Issue - When playing a radio station using iOS device the shuffle and repeat options are greyed out. The station can be based on anything (song, artist, playlist, etc.) for this to occur...

• Visitor
  • Plan - Premium; Country - US; Device - iPhone XS   My Question or Issue -  When playing a radio station using iOS device the shuffle and repeat options are greyed out...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files Syncing

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone Xs MaxOperating SystemiOS 14.6 My Question or IssueI recently added local files from my computer to Spotify and I've been trying to sync my mobile so that I can listen to them on there as well. I do have pr...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone Xs Max Operating System iOS 14.6   My Question or Issue I recently added local files from my computer to Spotify and I've been trying t...
  • anebreid
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bug: Queue confirmation with keyboard showing

PlanPremiumCountryIREDeviceiPhone SE 2Operating SystemiOS 14.6 My Question or IssueThe “song added to queue” confirmation does not appear when the keyboard is in view (or hidden behind keyboard) when adding a song to queue (via swipe) from the search...

• Plan Premium Country IRE Device iPhone SE 2 Operating System iOS 14.6   My Question or Issue The “song added to queue” confirmation does not appear when the keyboard is in view &n...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Chromecast Issues while using the Spotify App from Android and also from Windows PC

My Question or IssueI use the same Spotify account across my devices. Off late, last 1-2 weeks, when I use Spotify with Chromecast devices, the music stops exactly after 3-4 songs have played. I think this has something to do with Chromecast and the ...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue I use the same Spotify account across my devices.  Off late, last 1-2 weeks, when I use Spotify with Chromecast devices, the music stops exactly after 3-4 songs have pla...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Chromecast Android
    disconnection
    windows10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution “Something went wrong” error on the home screen.

Suddenly, which I click the home button in the Spotify app, I can see the home screen for a brief second and then get the “something went wrong” error. Pressing the TRY AGAIN button does nothing. I’ve restarted my phone/the app several times to no ef...

• Suddenly, which I click the home button in the Spotify app, I can see the home screen for a brief second and then get the “something went wrong” error. Pressing the TRY AGAIN button does nothing. I’v...
  • Simonvhem
  • Visitor
  • 41 replies
  • 29 likes
  • 41 replies
  • 29 likes