Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Carplay playing songs not on playlist

When playing a playlist in Apple Carplay, Spotify displays a playlist name, which makes it look like the playlist is selected, but plays different songs that are not on the playlist. It is confusing, because it is playing songs are by the same or rel...

• Regular
  • When playing a playlist in Apple Carplay, Spotify displays a playlist name, which makes it look like the playlist is selected, but plays different songs that are not on the playlist. It is confusing,...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Skips to another song after a moment

Anytime I select a song to play it will play for a moment then switch to a random rap song. This happens when in any playlist or searching a random song. Also happens on multiple iOS devices and Apple TV. I have tried reinstalling the app and logging...

• Anytime I select a song to play it will play for a moment then switch to a random rap song. This happens when in any playlist or searching a random song. Also happens on multiple iOS devices and Appl...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Living in Sweden but my phone language is in English - why is part of Spotify in Swedish?

I have a premium account, and this problem is both on my iPhone 12 on iOS 14.4 and on my MacBook Pro. I have tried android and there is the same problem. I live in Sweden, but I use English on all my devices. But I big part of content in Spotify is s...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium account, and this problem is both on my iPhone 12 on iOS 14.4 and on my MacBook Pro. I have tried android and there is the same problem. I live in Sweden, but I use English on all my...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My phone tries to sync with my computer and it also affects the volume

Hi, I have a Premium Family account (it is being used by two people). I am in Denmark and I have a MacBook pro and iPhone 11 pro v14.4 and at my computer Mojave v10.14.6 So, the annoying problem is the following: I am using Spotify on my computer, bu...

• Hi,    I have a Premium Family account (it is being used by two people).  I am in Denmark and I have a MacBook pro and iPhone 11 pro v14.4 and at my computer Mojave v10.14.6 &n...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Joe Rogan Podcast only playing when phone is in Airplane.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceIPHONE 7 PlusOperating SystemiOS 14.3 My Question or IssueAs the title states, I can only get the Joe Rogan podcast to play consistently from download when the phone is in airplane mode. When out of airplane mode the download ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country USA Device IPHONE 7 Plus Operating System iOS 14.3   My Question or Issue As the title states, I can only get the Joe Rogan podcast to play consistently from download...
  • Novy
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing when I open Whatsapp

My Spotify stops playing music when I switch to Whatsapp. The only way I am able to resolve the issue is by quitting the Whatsapp application and then restarting it. PlanFree/PremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone XR)Operating System(iOS 14.4) My Question or ...

• My Spotify stops playing music when I switch to Whatsapp. The only way I am able to resolve the issue is by quitting the Whatsapp application and then restarting it.  Plan Free/Premium Countr...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Other] Lyrics not working properly when a sentence consists more than a line

When a single line lyrics display in 2 lines, the auto scrolling of lyrics won’t adapt it automatically. And it will show current lyrics lower and lower and finally i need to scroll myself to view the current line. Most found in Chinese songs. Hope c...

• Casual Listener
  • When a single line lyrics display in 2 lines, the auto scrolling of lyrics won’t adapt it automatically. And it will show current lyrics lower and lower and finally i need to scroll myself to view th...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lyrics on Mobile

PlanPremiumLocationHong Kong DeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.4 My Question or IssueI thought lyrics is available in Hong Kong since mid last year but I cannot use the lyrics function on my app. Interesting that when I am using the web version u...

• Plan Premium Location Hong Kong   Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.4   My Question or Issue I thought lyrics is available in Hong Kong since mid last year but I cannot us...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Newly added songs in a playlist don’t play in a group session

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 14.4 My Question or IssueA slightly obscure one… The scenario: I have a playlist which I’ve made public, and a friend of mine has followedI enter a group session with that same friend,...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 14.4   My Question or Issue A slightly obscure one… The scenario:   I have a playlist which I’ve made public...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify Stops Playing Everytime I Get a Snapchat Notification

This Just Started Happening this Morning But Everytime My Phone Receives A SnapChat Notification But Music Stops Playing I Am Running iOS 11 On A iPhone 7 Plus And The SnapChat Is Up To Date I Am Also A Premium Customer My First Thought was That Some...

• This Just Started Happening this Morning But Everytime My Phone Receives A SnapChat Notification But Music Stops Playing I Am Running iOS 11 On A iPhone 7 Plus And The SnapChat Is Up To Date I Am Als...
  • daljordk9
  • Casual Listener
  • 125 replies
  • 28 likes
  • iphone
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Spotify
  • 125 replies
  • 28 likes

Superuser Contribution Errors reporting bugs

I’ve been reporting bugs for over 12 months, and EVERY TIME I attempt to do so, it makes multiple attempts before the submission is accepted. There’s almost always an “invalid HTML”error message (even though I haven’t used any HTML, I’ve only entered...

• Visitor
  • I’ve been reporting bugs for over 12 months, and EVERY TIME I attempt to do so, it makes multiple attempts before the submission is accepted.   There’s almost always an “invalid HTML” error m...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to access drop down menu from search page when offline

Plan: PremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 14.4My Question or IssueI have a premium account and have a few playlists downloaded. When I am connected to WiFi or data I have no problems, but for some reason when I am in offline mode and ...

• Plan: Premium Country USA Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 14.4 My Question or Issue I have a premium account and have a few playlists downloaded. When I am connected to WiFi or data I...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists Are Not Saving To Artist Profile

Plan- PREMIUMCountry - CANADA DeviceiPhone 11, Macbook ProOperating SystemiOS and Mac I am having lots of issues saving my playlists to my Spotify artist account. I previously had no issues but then two days ago a lot of my artist playlists disappear...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan- PREMIUM Country - CANADA   Device iPhone 11, Macbook Pro Operating System iOS and Mac    I am having lots of issues saving my playlists to my Spotify artist account....
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! I want to shuffle all playlists on my iPhone , like I can do on the desktop app.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemLatest iOS My Question or Issue I'm loving my return to Spotify and on the desktop app I'm able to shuffle play all of my playlists together. Why can I not seem to do the same on the iPhone app? Thi...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 12 Operating System Latest iOS   My Question or Issue   I'm loving my return to Spotify and on the desktop app I'm able to shuffle play all...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks in album hidden

PlanPremiumCountryThailandDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.6 My Question or IssueThe album was NOT removed for licensing reason, but the track listing was hidden/invisible, and can only play via shuffle green button.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Thailand Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.6   My Question or Issue The album was NOT removed for licensing reason, but the track listing was hidden/invisib...
  • pnr8555
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bugs IOS

PlanPremiumCountry Netherlands Device(iPhone 8 )Operating System(iOS 14.4) My Question or IssueMultiple different bugs in the app.1. Not able to play NOT-downloaded songs with strong wifi (you just tap the song and nothing happens)note: some NOT-down...

•   Plan Premium Country  Netherlands   Device (iPhone 8 ) Operating System (iOS 14.4)   My Question or Issue Multiple different bugs in the app. 1. Not able to play NO...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Help with liked playlist

using iphone xs max. I have gone through and setup a liked playlist and when i get on my app the playlist isnt updated as it is on the computer. Any help or suggestions?

• Casual Listener
  • using iphone xs max. I have gone through and setup a liked playlist and when i get on my app the playlist isnt updated as it is on the computer. Any help or suggestions?
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No lyrics for a Hong Kong user

I'm a Hong Kong Premium user, but there's no lyrics for my iOS devices. However, the Spotify on my Macbook can look up the lyrics which makes me confused. Also, the users in my family all have lyrics, why????? Why can't I enjoy the lyrics on my iPhon...

• I'm a Hong Kong Premium user, but there's no lyrics for my iOS devices. However, the Spotify on my Macbook can look up the lyrics which makes me confused. Also, the users in my family all have lyrics...
  • theretherethere
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution The UI update is hurting our feelings - this is why

I'm using spotify for over 5 years now. I was loyal all the time, except that one time when I tried to switch to Apple Music for better phone integration - but your interface was better. Now - If this UI stays as it is - I will finally make the switc...

baduiux.png
  • Music Fan
  •   I'm using spotify for over 5 years now. I was loyal all the time, except that one time when I tried to switch to Apple Music for better phone integration - but your interface was better. Now ...
  • eglinski
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 23 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t play “Liked songs” via group session

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 14.3 My Question or IssueWhen connected to a group session (where I’m using my device to control/play songs on a different device), playing playlists works fine, but when I try play my...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 14.3   My Question or Issue When connected to a group session (where I’m using my device to control/play songs ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes